Pelosi OK with investigating Trump children: ‘They are advisers to the president’

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 473

Unread post

[quote]
Some House Democrats have expressed reservations about going after President Donald Trump’s children in their oversight investigations into his administration, 2016 campaign and business empire.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi is not one of them.

“They are investigating certain subjects. Whoever falls into that net, falls into the net,” the California Democrat told reporters Thursday./quote]

https://www.rollcall.com/news/congress/ ... -president
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well she's not wrong. If they are advising the president they should be investigated. The only one who isn't advising is Barron. He's what fourteen now? But the adult children are another matter.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

And he worked to get security clearances for them.
It’s like he thinks they should be treated the same as “elected members” of his administration.
Investigate them!
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I find the word "children" confusing. These are adults, and should just be listed by name. If needed, the modifier "Trump relatives" would be more apt.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:40 am I find the word "children" confusing. These are adults, and should just be listed by name. If needed, the modifier "Trump relatives" would be more apt.
But they are his children.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jas wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:20 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:40 am I find the word "children" confusing. These are adults, and should just be listed by name. If needed, the modifier "Trump relatives" would be more apt.
And his government employees that need to be held to a certain standard.

We can’t ignore that because they share DNA.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, that’s nepotism for you. He wanted to give his kids jobs and even bullied for them to have security clearance well above their station, then they go down with you.
Just goes to show that he cares more about himself that even his own kids.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:47 pm
And his government employees that need to be held to a certain standard.

We can’t ignore that because they share DNA.
I'm not saying they shouldn't. I'm saying calling them his children is accurate over relatives.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Adults or not, handing them jobs they’re unqualified for and giving them security clearance above their station is blatant nepotism.
So if that’s what he wanted, then they should go down with him.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 670

Unread post

They are adults, with big boy and big girl panties. If they've done anything improper or illegal, they should be investigated since they are part of the White House staff.
Locked Previous topicNext topic