Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez expertly shuts down conservatives calling for boycott after learning she was a Girl Scout

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Idk.. in recent years those cookie boxes have gotten smaller and more expensive. Girl scouts are no more or less godless than they ever been but I won't buy the damned cookies. And I think boy scouts overall is a more interesting and better program.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

29again wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:43 pm
water<wine wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:28 pm of course, just like the manufactured outrage over her dancing video she has to come up with another. AOC cant go a day w/o deflecting from her bad press.

campaign finance violations and supporting her antisemite pal hasnt been good press this week. time to play victim and virtue signal- get some good old fashioned leftist attention 🙄

one author from one obscure site is not "conservativeS" (plural) it would be one critic- in a sea of millions.

now to the criticism. the article doesn't actually list AOC as the reason for not supporting girl scouts but their leftist affiliations, activism and propaganda. the author even states she was a girl scout herself, but the organization has changed into a godless Marxist leaning group at odds with her values. she suggests an alternative girl's group, "American Heritage Girls" that also "builds leadership skills in young girls". (the girl scouts dont have a monopoly AOC) she states AOC represents the road the girl scouts are on now by partnering with proabortion and leftist activist groups. I know the concept of symbolism is probably difficult for you, but that what it is.

from the article.

The IWD website encourages participants to donate to charities that promote their causes.

“No matter which feminist cause speaks to your heart, there is an organization that will resonate with you. This list encompasses programs fighting for reproductive rights, equal protection under the law, educational opportunities, political opportunities. …”

The recommended charities include the National Organization of Women, Center for Reproductive Rights, Planned Parenthood and Ultra Violet, which promotes the election of progressive (that is the new term for ultra liberal) women."

It is little wonder the Girl Scouts have taken a sharp left turn and can be found marching for abortion rights, gun control and other radical feminist events like International Women’s Day.

Fortunately, there is now a good scouting alternative, the American Heritage Girls.

Read more at https://www.wnd.com/2019/03/aoc-was-a-g ... 2yhGeFj.99
She really thinks people are boycotting GS because she was once one of them? Gee, so was I..... but who really cares? People have been boycotting GS and their cookies for quite a while now. I think maybe AOC just now heard about it and assumed a few things!
Yep -

There has been a concentrated effort to boycott abortion cookies for awhile now.
Nothing to do with Occasional Cortex
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:03 am
Libbylu2 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:49 pm
👍🏻👏

That website sucks big time!
And the people who quote it.
😉
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:01 am Wow, OP's source uses "world net daily", as their source for their (false) claim that conservatives are boycotting girl scouts because of AOC and because I quote from OP'S OWN SOURCE, It's my source?? lol.

We have a bunch of geniuses in here.
Seriously! LOL
Deleted User 473

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:43 am
Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:03 am
Libbylu2 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:49 pm
👍🏻👏

That website sucks big time!
And the people who quote it.
😉
You saw that reaction? Priceless
Deleted User 473

Unread post

Oh abortion cookies? I'm going to go buy a few boxes for the OB department. They will love them.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:56 am
Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:34 pm ^^^^^^^^^^

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to [...]
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/world-net-daily-wnd/
uh... its YOUR source.
She didn’t use WND
YOU did.
And she posted the rating of WND
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:02 pm
uh... its YOUR source.
She didn’t use WND
YOU did.
The source op posted used it.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:48 am Oh abortion cookies? I'm going to go buy a few boxes for the OB department. They will love them.
Bwahahaha
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

jas wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:25 pm
Libbylu2 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:02 pm

uh... its YOUR source.
She didn’t use WND
YOU did.
The source op posted used it.
The source she used only quoted a few sentences from WND .
I can’t imagine anyone agreeing with WND’s flaky blogs.
Locked Previous topicNext topic