Will Smith catches backlash for colorism after being cast as Venus and Serena Williams' father

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:27 pm
water<wine wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:23 pm lol. can we go one day w/o snowflakes being outraged?
no
its ridiculous the people complaining will smith isn't "black" enough loved having a black girl play Annie, a red headed white girl character based on a real person, but they complain GOT doesn't have enough black actors even though it is set in fantasy medieval EUROPE. Hollywood is not about being accurate, its about making money, period. "will smith" = name recognition = $$$
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So basically he’s not dark enough? Ffs what the heck is wrong with people? Why do some people have to keep creating divides. Prejudices based on skin color is bad enough, now it’s being microscopically broken down by what? Skin tone? Just the idea saddens me as it’s almost like people want to keep discrimination in existence and expand on it. I mean I know it’s not a totally new idea, but still...this isn’t bringing awareness or creating a solution, this is just going to amp it up. Make others start thinking the same.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:43 pm So basically he’s not dark enough? Ffs what the heck is wrong with people? Why do some people have to keep creating divides. Prejudices based on skin color is bad enough, now it’s being microscopically broken down by what? Skin tone? Just the idea saddens me as it’s almost like people want to keep discrimination in existence and expand on it. I mean I know it’s not a totally new idea, but still...this isn’t bringing awareness or creating a solution, this is just going to amp it up. Make others start thinking the same.
This is nothing new.

Lighter skinned blacks have always been more accepted by the world's society and darker skined blackes have always disliked them for that
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:51 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:43 pm So basically he’s not dark enough? Ffs what the heck is wrong with people? Why do some people have to keep creating divides. Prejudices based on skin color is bad enough, now it’s being microscopically broken down by what? Skin tone? Just the idea saddens me as it’s almost like people want to keep discrimination in existence and expand on it. I mean I know it’s not a totally new idea, but still...this isn’t bringing awareness or creating a solution, this is just going to amp it up. Make others start thinking the same.
This is nothing new.

Lighter skinned blacks have always been more accepted by the world's society and darker skined blackes have always disliked them for that
Oh I know it’s not new, it’s just Idk, like we’ve cycled back around. Maybe it’s because I live in a very diverse community that doesn’t encourage these divides that I just didn’t realize it was still so prevalent.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

The dude isn't black enough? lol! Didn't he make being black cool in the 90s?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My brain hurts reading that stupidity. Some people just love to bitch about anything.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Black people with a lighter complexion had an “easier” life from slavery to Jim Crow in the 60s and it pitted us against each other. We are only 1-1 1/2 generations away from that so this is fall out.

Not that I agree. I am biracial but considered “light skin” and I have been judged for it/harassed about it so I get it. But that’s why that is.

I hope we get past this soon.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:51 pm
This is nothing new.

It goes both ways. Some lighter skin can be nasty to darker skin and visa versa.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This. Well said. and it's not just black. A dark skinned Italian columnist wrote about about being rejected by lighter-skinned whites.
SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:34 am Black people with a lighter complexion had an “easier” life from slavery to Jim Crow in the 60s and it pitted us against each other. We are only 1-1 1/2 generations away from that so this is fall out.

Not that I agree. I am biracial but considered “light skin” and I have been judged for it/harassed about it so I get it. But that’s why that is.

I hope we get past this soon.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This is all very intentional, to keep us divided and fracture us even further. Think about it - We're powerful when we're united. That's dangerous to those who mean to control us. We've already had divisions, now it's even further. There's fractures within political parties now, there's fractures among people if color, there's now even fractures among the LGBTQ community. More subtypes every day who hate the other subtypes.

Starting these kinds of divides insures that there would never be able to be any kind of civil uprising or revolution as there had been before when the overlords have gotten out of control.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic