‘Emotional support animal’ mauls 5-year-old girl at Portland airport

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The mother of a 5-year-old girl mauled in the face by a pit bull at Portland International Airport has filed a $1.1 million lawsuit against the Port of Portland for allegedly letting a dangerous “emotional support animal” into the airport without a carrier.
and
The suit says the airline is at fault for allegedly allowing Brannan to bring a dangerous dog into the gate waiting area, where the attack happened, when the dog wasn’t a trained service animal and wasn’t properly confined.
https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2019/02 ... -says.html

And there it is.
Your emotional need to take your dog traveling with you does not make your dog a "service animal". You are not entitled to special treatment just because you want it.

I hope to god this family wins. We need a legal overhaul regarding this "emotional service animal" loophole. Right now, you, me, the cray lady next door, and everybody and their mother can go on Amazon and buy a "service animal" vest and pass any old mutt of as their service animal, for no reason other than they want to take their dog on a plane.
KAG
Mean Girl
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This isn't funny but it reminds me of a bit college humor did with the Jurassic Park main actors. They tried to bring a support dinosaur- Blue- aboard a plane. I've gotten used to seeing dogs everywhere even my supermarket but it is getting ridiculous. They should be trained and one should have to produce papers for it. Also one should have a proper diagnosis. PTSD, autism, epilepsy, blindness, deafness. The emotional support thing is out of hand.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The USA has evolved past the point where any Pit bulls should be alive in our country - period.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:29 am This isn't funny but it reminds me of a bit college humor did with the Jurassic Park main actors. They tried to bring a support dinosaur- Blue- aboard a plane. I've gotten used to seeing dogs everywhere even my supermarket but it is getting ridiculous. They should be trained and one should have to produce papers for it. Also one should have a proper diagnosis. PTSD, autism, epilepsy, blindness, deafness. The emotional support thing is out of hand.
A while back, I was grocery shopping and a lady had a Chihuahua in the cart where babies sit. A Chihuahua wearing an emotional support vest. As it was shaking. A Chihuahua. The most stressed out breed imaginable. A Chihuahua as an "emotional support animal".

I mean, why are we allowing these people to get away with this? We need massive fines for offenders on top of new laws.
KAG
Mean Girl
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:33 am The USA has evolved past the point where any Pit bulls should be alive in our country - period.
The problem is, most rescue mixes you find at shelters will have at least some pit in them because of the obsession and the abandonment these animals are subjected to. I've seen so many young people get this breed just to be a rebel and then get tired of the novelty after awhile.
KAG
Mean Girl
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The whole “support animal” thing has reached ridiculous levels. There needs to be more control and clear cut guidelines and laws. It seems anyone can claim a “support animal” and no one can say anything about it. I hope she’s suing the owner of the so-called “emotional support” dog, too. They’re even more at fault than the Airport for the incident. The airport security may be forced to allow the animal inside, they’re not even allowed to request any proof that the dog is a service animal. The full blame is on the owner.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

morgan wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:40 am
Billie.jeens wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:33 am The USA has evolved past the point where any Pit bulls should be alive in our country - period.
The problem is, most rescue mixes you find at shelters will have at least some pit in them because of the obsession and the abandonment these animals are subjected to. I've seen so many young people get this breed just to be a rebel and then get tired of the novelty after awhile.
I should be illegal to adopt them.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

morgan wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:38 am
Pjmm wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:29 am This isn't funny but it reminds me of a bit college humor did with the Jurassic Park main actors. They tried to bring a support dinosaur- Blue- aboard a plane. I've gotten used to seeing dogs everywhere even my supermarket but it is getting ridiculous. They should be trained and one should have to produce papers for it. Also one should have a proper diagnosis. PTSD, autism, epilepsy, blindness, deafness. The emotional support thing is out of hand.
A while back, I was grocery shopping and a lady had a Chihuahua in the cart where babies sit. A Chihuahua wearing an emotional support vest. As it was shaking. A Chihuahua. The most stressed out breed imaginable. A Chihuahua as an "emotional support animal".

I mean, why are we allowing these people to get away with this? We need massive fines for offenders on top of new laws.

Is it because we are raising generations of self absorbed, self centered snowflakes?
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

for some reason its controversial to point out that pitbulls are the most deadly dog breed. Not gonna lie, when I see someone walking one coming near my kids, I cross the street. they always assure me *theirs* is a nice dog, as do all of the people who have killer ones, stop breeding this dog! dog fighting is illegal and morally reprehensible, therefore this breed serves no purpose.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They are entitled to bring their emotional support animal, that is the law. One tragic incident does not change that.
Locked Previous topicNext topic