‘Emotional support animal’ mauls 5-year-old girl at Portland airport

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:00 pm
MysticDreamer wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:31 pm I think the law should be changed where it is required to produce proof your animal is a support dog, when asked. The law can be written in such a way where the diagnosis and reason for the support animal is revealed, just some sort of documentation the animal is a true support animal. Any more people bring their pets everywhere, just because. If the animal is well behaved and doesn't cause a problem, they are left alone.
Should someone need to show proof that they need their wheelchair? They could just be faking it.
I suppose we could include wheelchairs in this. It is a common thought that people dont need those motorized carts at walmart.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

jas wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:16 pm
Libbylu2 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:28 am
Poietes wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:26 am There are a few heartless ignorant responses I want to reply to but I don’t have the time and I don’t want to say something I may regret right now. I just find it amusing that the people who claim to be the most empathetic and “worldly” are the rudest most heartless and ignorant responses I’ve ever seen.
If the opinions of other posters upset you this much, you could use the “foe” function.
But it’s a mystery to me why a social site like this is that important to you and why differing views make you so traumatized.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA
Bwahahaha hahahaha
🤪
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:45 am
Libbylu2 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:32 am
BionicBunny wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:26 pm

Hold the phones! Say what? You claim that people shouldn’t be “ dependent on medications”. Yeah right! Tell that to the next diabetic you meet or that heart patient that depends on heart medications or those needing blood thinners or those with severe anxiety... the list goes on. You may not be uneducated but that wasn’t a very smart comment
Those medications are for genuine physical illnesses .( except for the anxiety meds)
Your reply illustrates another case of apples and oranges again!
Dogs or cats or horses used to support emotionally unstable people is another thing altogether .
Not comparable at all.
Are you saying anxiety is not an illness?
No but it’s different from something like diabetes, for example.
Anxiety is a problem dealt with patient and psychologist or psychiatrist to find out what causes the anxiety.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:13 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:26 pm

Hold the phones! Say what? You claim that people shouldn’t be “ dependent on medications”. Yeah right! Tell that to the next diabetic you meet or that heart patient that depends on heart medications or those needing blood thinners or those with severe anxiety... the list goes on. You may not be uneducated but that wasn’t a very smart comment
Those medications are for genuine physical illnesses .( except for the anxiety meds)
Dogs or cats or horses used to support emotionally unstable people is another thing altogether .
Not comparable at all.
That’s where you are wrong, the anxiety part can be physical. Chemical imbalances in the brain, and physical problem, can cause anxiety and depression. That’s why I always say mental illnesses are often more than a mental problem, they are also technically physical and should be taken just as serious as other physical problems such as not being able to regulate the sugar your body needs. Like a diabetic, anxiety and depression suffers have something physicausing the problem.
No apples and oranges here. And if we want to get more technical and dive into scientific studies about the proven benefits of having a pet and how it lowers blood pressure and other benefits...
I’ve had anxiety since high school and panic attacks but I’m pretty sure a dog would cause me even more anxiety .
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I need to come in this group more often, lol
Attachments
giphy (54).gif
giphy (54).gif (273.6 KiB) Viewed 68 times
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:53 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:13 pm

Not comparable at all.
That’s where you are wrong, the anxiety part can be physical. Chemical imbalances in the brain, and physical problem, can cause anxiety and depression. That’s why I always say mental illnesses are often more than a mental problem, they are also technically physical and should be taken just as serious as other physical problems such as not being able to regulate the sugar your body needs. Like a diabetic, anxiety and depression suffers have something physicausing the problem.
No apples and oranges here. And if we want to get more technical and dive into scientific studies about the proven benefits of having a pet and how it lowers blood pressure and other benefits...
I’ve had anxiety since high school and panic attacks but I’m pretty sure a dog would cause me even more anxiety .
Well... some people just don’t like dogs much. 🤷‍♀️
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:58 pm
Libbylu2 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:51 pm
ReadingRainbow wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:49 pm

Shocker there.

Translation: You are rude. Calling other people rude means nothing when it comes from you.
You’ve found a new target to dump on.
You’re welcome.

Oh honey, you should have been well aware that when I posted something that was emotional for me about my mother and you chose to make a spin off post for people to talk sh*t, I would harbor some pretty serious anger at you for the rest of your time here.

You’re not a victim, you’re a person that targets others then acts all surprised when those same people decide you’re not worth the effort of kindness.
she did the same thing to me. I posted about my son's MMR vaccine causing encephalitis in him and possibly permanent brain damage and she posted an article listing encephalitis as a complication from measles, as if to prove what exactly? my son's injury doesn't matter? my son had a 100% exposure risk to MMR probably less than 1% risk of exposure to measles, she has selective empathy.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The topic of this thread is about a girl who was mauled by an “ emotional support dog”, not about vaccines.

If anyone needs validation and wants to prove how right they are and at the same time tell others how wrong they are, start a new thread. ( sounds like a lot of fun, doesn’t it ?)
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

morgan wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:05 am
The mother of a 5-year-old girl mauled in the face by a pit bull at Portland International Airport has filed a $1.1 million lawsuit against the Port of Portland for allegedly letting a dangerous “emotional support animal” into the airport without a carrier.
and
The suit says the airline is at fault for allegedly allowing Brannan to bring a dangerous dog into the gate waiting area, where the attack happened, when the dog wasn’t a trained service animal and wasn’t properly confined.
https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2019/02 ... -says.html

And there it is.
Your emotional need to take your dog traveling with you does not make your dog a "service animal". You are not entitled to special treatment just because you want it.

I hope to god this family wins. We need a legal overhaul regarding this "emotional service animal" loophole. Right now, you, me, the cray lady next door, and everybody and their mother can go on Amazon and buy a "service animal" vest and pass any old mutt of as their service animal, for no reason other than they want to take their dog on a plane.
Well said
Deleted User 969

Unread post

Wheelchairs don’t maul little girls.

All service animals, including emotional support, should be licensed and certified and that certification should be readily available in public spaces.
Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:00 pm
MysticDreamer wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:31 pm I think the law should be changed where it is required to produce proof your animal is a support dog, when asked. The law can be written in such a way where the diagnosis and reason for the support animal is revealed, just some sort of documentation the animal is a true support animal. Any more people bring their pets everywhere, just because. If the animal is well behaved and doesn't cause a problem, they are left alone.
Should someone need to show proof that they need their wheelchair? They could just be faking it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic