TODAY I FELL IN LOVE

Anonymous 1

Unread post

famousglm714 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:32 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:30 pm
famousglm714 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:24 pm I think it’s neat but could never live somewhere like that. I need Walgreens around the block and like 50 different places to eat. I’m ridiculous, lol. The house itself is super cute. I bet it’s haunted! Which makes me like it more.
Not going to lie, I was looking hard at the pictures to see if I could find anything interesting. I love the fact that it could be/ and most probably is haunted lol
Well now I have to do it too. 😂👻
:lol:
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Very cool. A for real thatched roof cottage. That's only 387,066.60 in US dollars. I wonder why there's no pics of the bathroom. The walls don't look insulated at all, though.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:22 pm Very cool. A for real thatched roof cottage. That's only 387,066.60 in US dollars. I wonder why there's no pics of the bathroom. The walls don't look insulated at all, though.
To my limited knowledge, if the majority of the construct of the house was kept close to the original, then the walls are most probably a mud/straw mixture which is how I believe they would have insulated the houses at that period in time.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:37 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:22 pm Very cool. A for real thatched roof cottage. That's only 387,066.60 in US dollars. I wonder why there's no pics of the bathroom. The walls don't look insulated at all, though.
To my limited knowledge, if the majority of the construct of the house was kept close to the original, then the walls are most probably a mud/straw mixture which is how I believe they would have insulated the houses at that period in time.
Probably not any more insulated than old houses here in the US that were made with plaster and lathe. I imagine that it gets pretty cold in the winter time. Those fireplaces look massive for the size of the rooms.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm glad you like it..
I could not live in something so small. I think I'd lose my mind. We live in a 2100 sq ft house and it feels too small with 2 kids, a dog and 2 cats. I told Dh the smallest I will go is around 1700 sq ft when we retire. My oldest was to be the single mother of cats and live in a tiny house. LOL More power to her and to those that want that lifestyle. I just couldn't go so small.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:41 pm
Probably not any more insulated than old houses here in the US that were made with plaster and lathe. I imagine that it gets pretty cold in the winter time. Those fireplaces look massive for the size of the rooms.
Yeah it might not meet modern standard insulation expectations, but the size of the home and the heating elements probably do a great job, providing you are willing to spend the time to keep up with it lol. Or they may have added electric or gas into the home. Probably will cost more to keep warm than a modern house but not by much.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thatched roof? Not a chance.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:46 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:41 pm

Yeah it might not meet modern standard insulation expectations, but the size of the home and the heating elements probably do a great job, providing you are willing to spend the time to keep up with it lol. Or they may have added electric or gas into the home. Probably will cost more to keep warm than a modern house but not by much.
Yeah, but it is adorable.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:45 pm I'm glad you like it..
I could not live in something so small. I think I'd lose my mind. We live in a 2100 sq ft house and it feels too small with 2 kids, a dog and 2 cats. I told Dh the smallest I will go is around 1700 sq ft when we retire. My oldest was to be the single mother of cats and live in a tiny house. LOL More power to her and to those that want that lifestyle. I just couldn't go so small.
Our home right now is a little over 2000 sqft and I hate it. When we moved in, I thought this was what I wanted and thought we would have the space to move around. What I found is all that extra space just gets filled up with crud we don't actually need and its more to take care of lol. I was much happier when we lived in our 2 bed apartment and only kept, mainly, necessities. I felt more organized and less cluttered there for some strange reason lol.
Turkle
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I don't care for the surroundings; too flat!
"Prison inmates are treated to cable TV, hot meals and a college education, while on the outside some people can only afford these things through a life of crime."
Locked Previous topicNext topic