Do you assume they are paying?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My DD's friend (they are 11) asked my DD to go to a jumping place with her. I asked DD's friend how much it was and her friend said an amount that she thought it was and then she said "but I think my dad will pay".

I didn't want to assume that so I gathered up the cash I had (normally I never have cash) so I ended up having 10 bucks and then I gave that to him and said sorry this was all I had and he said that would be enough (although I looked up the cost of the place online and it is not enough but then his DD said her dad would pay but I am not assuming that).

What do you do in situations like these? It was a last minute invite and we weren't doing anything, so I allowed DD to go and she will have fun. I just always wonder about the cost of things and if I should pay for the place they invited her to, etc, etc.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

I always send DS with enough to cover the price, but he never ends up needing it.
RedBottoms

Unread post

I try to send money if I have some. If not, I make sure the take their kid out next time and pay for them to even it out.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I would always pay if my kid invited a friend. But I do not assume others will. I always have cash around so I would have given DD $20 in case she needed to pay. If the other parents paid she brings back the $20
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes I assume they pay. But dd has had the same friends for years, so I'd be surprised if they didn't
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I've started keeping a 20 around since DS is being invited more and more places now. It's always enough to cover him for what they end up doing.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I never assume although there was a time the inviter paid.

If I don’t have cash I give the kid my debt card just in case, but it’s very rare they’ve actually had to use it.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

If I invite a friend of the kid along with us, we always pay. If she goes along with a friend, we always send money. She never ends up needing it though.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:04 pm My DD's friend (they are 11) asked my DD to go to a jumping place with her. I asked DD's friend how much it was and her friend said an amount that she thought it was and then she said "but I think my dad will pay".

I didn't want to assume that so I gathered up the cash I had (normally I never have cash) so I ended up having 10 bucks and then I gave that to him and said sorry this was all I had and he said that would be enough (although I looked up the cost of the place online and it is not enough but then his DD said her dad would pay but I am not assuming that).

What do you do in situations like these? It was a last minute invite and we weren't doing anything, so I allowed DD to go and she will have fun. I just always wonder about the cost of things and if I should pay for the place they invited her to, etc, etc.
I always send money. I would have gone to the bank if I didn't have enough cash in the house.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I.always ask the parents how much is needed but they always say they are covering the cost. I still give my kids 20-30, just in case.
I always cover my kids friends when they go somewhere with also.
Locked Previous topicNext topic