Have you ever been

Anonymous 1

Unread post

too nice? I used to be a big people pleaser. All that got me was taken for granted by the wrong people. The right people just appreciated whatever it was but didn't expect me to keep giving or doing whatever I was doing. What about you? Or have you encountered a people pleaser and how did you feel about them?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Have I been taken advantage of? Yes. I am a generous person, but I don't continue to give to a person takes advantage of me though. I don't think I know any 'people pleasers' though.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My best friend used to be the type who could never say "no" to anyone who asked him a favor. Especially family. Over the years he learned to never say no only to those people who actually showed appreciation and returned the favor. He would still do anything, anytime for us no matter what because we've always done exactly the same for him. But some of his family members just want to take, take, take and never give. He's figured out how to say no to them. ;)
RedBottoms

Unread post

I was a lot more meek when I was younger. I am more kick-ass now and much happier
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I have been nice & generous, and mean people did not reciprocate. I do not find being a people please-er synonymous with being a push-over, some people might though. I think they are 2 different things. A push-over sacrifices their own happiness and well-being just to please someone.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Yes. One of my co workers tells me I'm too nice. But then she saw when I stopped giving a f**k and said I can be mean and cold as shit when I feel betrayed.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I let someone take advantage of me for a decade and almost lost myself in the process. I'm getting me back and I'm learning to figure out the balance but its hard. I'm not a good judge of other people's intentions.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Nice? Always, unless there is a valid reason to be otherwise. However, I am not a people pleaser so I do not get taken advantage of OR used.
Danesmommy1
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'm always polite, but I'm definitely not a people pleaser.

I have been too generous in the past, but as I've gotten older, I've gotten much less willing to go out of my way for people who don't appreciate it.
She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain.
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm an outspoken bitch who doesn't put up with crap.
Locked Previous topicNext topic