I told SIL her child is no longer welcome in my home

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:33 am
Guest wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:32 am
RedBottoms wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:15 am

The f**k!? "Her kid"????? Um that kid has TWO parents. You obviously are biased against your SIL because you are blaming this all on her when its both of the parents faults.

My DH keeps his kids away from his family because I don't get along with them. We are a package deal. Period
Yes that kid has two parents. BIL is not one of them.
That info should have been in OP. Either way BIl married her knowing how she parented and how her child was. So still on BIL. He chooses to stay married to her knowing how she parents and how her child. Still on BIL. He is not innocent in this. PACKAGE DEAL
Actually the kid had no problems when they got married. This is all new

You really are a shitty person if you think that my nieces and nephews should miss out because of their step brother.

They have come to my house every year on fathers day. Why should that stop now?
RedBottoms

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:33 am
RedBottoms wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:16 am
Guest wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:14 am

It is not his kid and SIL and the BF do not let him have a role in discipline.
why was this not in the OP?

Either way even more of a reason for your BIL to put his foot down about not excluding him.
"SIL has a 6 year old" I made it clear from the start that it was her kid.
I don't think that was very clear at all because you did not even defy what kind of SIL she was. I had to ask for clarification remember?
RedBottoms

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:35 am
Guest wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:32 am
Yes that kid has two parents. BIL is not one of them.
That info should have been in OP. Either way BIl married her knowing how she parented and how her child was. So still on BIL. He chooses to stay married to her knowing how she parents and how her child. Still on BIL. He is not innocent in this. PACKAGE DEAL

You really are a shitty person if you think that my nieces and nephews should miss out because of their step brother.

Sure the kid magically developed "Special needs'" overnight. I am not a shitty person because-I stay married to my original husband and don't have to deal with drama like this.

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:37 am

Sure the kid magically developed "Special needs'" overnight. I am not a shitty person because-I stay married to my original husband and don't have to deal with drama like this.
You keep saying that the family is a package deal

How can you possibly think it is okay for the older kids to miss out on time with their family because of their younger sibling who isnt even their bio sibling.

My brother was married to her for years before problems started. It is causing a lot of issues in their marriage.
AnakinVader

Unread post

Okay, I get not having the kid over, but yes the kid has always acted like this either you let it slide as you said in the OP, but suddenly when BIL is called out you claim the kid hasn't always been like this
Reedusstalker

Unread post

I get it. Two of my nephews aren't allowed to be here and none of my cousins kids are allowed to spend the night here anymore.

Unread post

KaibAzula wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:41 am Okay, I get not having the kid over, but yes the kid has always acted like this either you let it slide as you said in the OP, but suddenly when BIL is called out you claim the kid hasn't always been like this
No the kid has NOT always acted like this. He started acting out a lot like that maybe a year ago. BIL and SIL got married when he was an infant and he had no problems for years.

No where in my post did I imply he has always been like that.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:39 am
RedBottoms wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:37 am

You keep saying that the family is a package deal

How can you possibly think it is okay for the older kids to miss out on time with their family because of their younger sibling who isnt even their bio sibling.

My brother was married to her for years before problems started. It is causing a lot of issues in their marriage.
extended family is not part of the package deal. Nuclear family only is what matters most

If the kids miss out-they can take that up with their father.
RedBottoms

Unread post

OP if BIL has been around since this kid has been a baby-Then BIL is completely responsible equally for how he turned out. He was pretty much a regular parent in that case

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:48 am OP if BIL has been around since this kid has been a baby-Then BIL is completely responsible equally for how he turned out. He was pretty much a regular parent in that case
He has never been allowed to discipline. He has wanted to but they use the "special needs" thing as an excuse. Before that the kid actually followed rules and all of that, BIL never felt the need to step in. Now the kids acts out and BIL cant do anything.
Locked Previous topicNext topic