Covington high school student, lawyers prepare for possible libel fight

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Kids are being unfairly attacked in this situation , just like the teens at Parkland after the mass shootings.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:19 pm smiling-while-white.jpg
For real.
KAG
Mean Girl
Fliptopz4
Countess
Countess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:06 pm They have to prove damage, which none of those teens have suffered from. And I haven't kept up with the news on this, but wasn't the guy who was drumming also marching? Who in the f*ck gets in the way of someone marching and then refuses to move?
Thats not what happened
Fliptopz4
Countess
Countess

Unread post

hotspice58 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:36 pm If the kid was waiting for the bus, why didn’t he back up instead of standing there smirking??
Lexy wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:28 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:06 pm They have to prove damage, which none of those teens have suffered from. And I haven't kept up with the news on this, but wasn't the guy who was drumming also marching? Who in the f*ck gets in the way of someone marching and then refuses to move?
The kid was waiting for the bus and the drummer walked up to him within inches of his face.
Why did a group of grown men hurl racist verbal attacks at a group of children and then why did another group of grown ups choose to march into the middle of that group of kids banging a drum?
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Fliptopz4 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:49 am
hotspice58 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:36 pm If the kid was waiting for the bus, why didn’t he back up instead of standing there smirking??
Lexy wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:28 pm

The kid was waiting for the bus and the drummer walked up to him within inches of his face.
Why did a group of grown men hurl racist verbal attacks at a group of children and then why did another group of grown ups choose to march into the middle of that group of kids banging a drum?
I’ll tell you why. It’s simply because those kids were white boys. It’s that simple. So automatically they are the racist enemy, especially since some were wearing MAGA hats.
So these hypocrites confront and try to provoke them knowing there are cameras everywhere. They want to be the next victims of the white man. All the while they are being extremely racist shouting out racial slurs from one group and the other group, the indians, made up shit saying the boys were shouting build the wall. If you listen and pay attention it’s the blacks who said something about building a wall.
These boys were minding their business while being white and wearing MAGA. They became targets and the media wants you to believe they were the bad ones. This is why racism is so bad and getting worse. These people are doing it to themselves and all the other minorities out there who are minding their own business and not involved. The minorities out there need to wake up to this BS and be mad at people like this that is creating the hostility and fueling racism. They are causing a race war.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Those boys were targeted because they were white and male and wearing MAGA hats. So grown ass men tried provoking them by throwing out racial slurs at them and getting in their faces. The only reaction this boy gave was a smile. They wanted more out of this boy while cameras were running. He didn’t give them what they wanted so the story had to be twisted in saying he was standing in the way of this man marching and they even say the boy got in his face and was smirking.
All lies! Lies, lies, lies! Shame on these men and shame on the media. They are doing such great harm to everyone’s lives. This affects all of us. I don’t want to be in the middle of this shit but this is the time I live in. The world is getting worse because of assholes like these and media who want to fuel racism because it makes a good story. All of these people need to be held accountable. It’s only going to get worse. I hope they win this case so that the media starts doing their job and report real news and not twist things to cause more problems.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:03 pm
Damage is obvious. I would say it’s pretty damaging to have death threats and now a bad reputation that could follow him in life.
The guy got in the kids face not the other way around. So many people follow everything reported in the news without thinking for themselves. It’s so simple and easy to see who was in the wrong here but people will follow what the news tells them. That’s damaging
also, much of the media did not retract their stories and apologize. those are the ones they're suing. these boys may be discriminated against with hiring, college acceptance etc. I STILL see people commenting on stories about them with false info put out by the media. still see people hurling abuse towards them.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:38 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:03 pm
Damage is obvious. I would say it’s pretty damaging to have death threats and now a bad reputation that could follow him in life.
The guy got in the kids face not the other way around. So many people follow everything reported in the news without thinking for themselves. It’s so simple and easy to see who was in the wrong here but people will follow what the news tells them. That’s damaging
also, much of the media did not retract their stories and apologize. those are the ones they're suing. these boys may be discriminated against with hiring, college acceptance etc. I STILL see people commenting on stories about them with false info put out by the media. still see people hurling abuse towards them.
Exactly! And in the world we live in now with everyone wanting a bad guy to hate even if these news stations apologize and admit their report was wrong the damage has already been done. People will say the boy was still wrong and the news got it right but only apologized to keep from being sued.
That’s why news reporters and news stations should be held responsible for anything and everything they report. They are causing so much damage. I blame them for the whole hate/kill police attitude from so many people now days. There are so many minds out there that are so easily molded and folded and the news media is a big influence. They will follow whatever they are told even if it isn’t true. And with the way people are today even those who don’t believe the things reported will hesitate to have anything to do with someone like this boy simply because of the actions of other people who are against them. People now days have a mob mentality and it is very powerful. This boy is getting death threats so other people don’t want to get involved and possibly be target by these mob mentality weak people out there.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I err in favor of Covington Kid. But I do think he's got a smirk on his face. Can't fault him for it. It's just the way he looks...to me, that is.
Poietes wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:43 pm
MysticDreamer wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:15 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:59 pm
If you watch the video he says he was smiling to show he wasn’t going to be provoked in being hostile.
You use the word smirking because that’s what the media and celebrities used. It was all taken out of content and used against those boys simply because they were white and this is why racism is getting so bad. These people are creating this out of control problem that is growing along with the media. They are all responsible and should be held responsible
I did watch the complete video, doesn't change my opinion the kid was smirking, an opinion I held before the media picked it up.
To me his “smirk” looks like a kid with braces smiles because they don’t want to show their teeth. I know I’ve been there and have seen it on many other people. Just like many with resting bitch face aren’t really bitches. All of you who criticize how a person smiles really blows my mind. Any excuse to make the kid a bad guy.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Looking more at his picture, I can see exactly what you and another poster said.
He does look like he's sporting that "I've got braces" look. :)
hockeymom87 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:50 pm
Poietes wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:43 pm
MysticDreamer wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:15 pm

I did watch the complete video, doesn't change my opinion the kid was smirking, an opinion I held before the media picked it up.
To me his “smirk” looks like a kid with braces smiles because they don’t want to show their teeth. I know I’ve been there and have seen it on many other people. Just like many with resting bitch face aren’t really bitches. All of you who criticize how a person smiles really blows my mind. Any excuse to make the kid a bad guy.
Smiling without teeth because of braces is still a habit I have today and i haven’t had braces in 16 years
Locked Previous topicNext topic