Covington high school student, lawyers prepare for possible libel fight

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:15 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:59 pm
MysticDreamer wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:23 am Still say the kid shouldnt have been smirking.

It will be interesting to see how far a lawsuit for expressing an opinion goes. Those attorneys are going up against some big guns with a bunch of money, who may have already been down this road before.
If you watch the video he says he was smiling to show he wasn’t going to be provoked in being hostile.
You use the word smirking because that’s what the media and celebrities used. It was all taken out of content and used against those boys simply because they were white and this is why racism is getting so bad. These people are creating this out of control problem that is growing along with the media. They are all responsible and should be held responsible
I did watch the complete video, doesn't change my opinion the kid was smirking, an opinion I held before the media picked it up.
Is that the only opinion and conclusion you came up with after watching the full video?
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:55 pm
ButchersWife wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:04 pm
morgan wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:31 am

The old man got in his face. The boy was standing in a line and he was singled out and approached. What about this don't you understand?
There was no line lol The rest of the boys moved out of his way respectfully even if they were mocking him.
Fact is the guy got in the boys face and tried provoking him. He was in the wrong. The kid was smiling and also said he was smiling to show he wasn’t going to be provoked into being hostile. He was respectful and even hushed one of the other students who was starting to smart off.
I sincerely wish him luck. The way the media painted him as a racist when he merely stood his ground without speaking. Disgusting but all too frequent.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

ButchersWife wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:45 am
morgan wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:44 pm Why should he have? He was standing in a line with his fellow students. He was approached. Someone singled him out and got in his face.

Did you even watch the full video?

Give me 1 good reason why that kid should have moved a single step.
hotspice58 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:36 pm If the kid was waiting for the bus, why didn’t he back up instead of standing there smirking??

Respect.
You would have just gotten in an older gentleman's way and stood smirking in his face? Rude.
He didn’t get in the older gentleman’s way. He was standing still when that man walked up to him and starting to drum in his face.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

morgan wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:31 am
ButchersWife wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:45 am
morgan wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:44 pm Why should he have? He was standing in a line with his fellow students. He was approached. Someone singled him out and got in his face.

Did you even watch the full video?

Give me 1 good reason why that kid should have moved a single step.

Respect.
You would have just gotten in an older gentleman's way and stood smirking in his face? Rude.
The old man got in his face. The boy was standing in a line and he was singled out and approached. What about this don't you understand?
Have people not watched the whole video? Heck this is why they’re suing.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:23 am Still say the kid shouldnt have been smirking.

It will be interesting to see how far a lawsuit for expressing an opinion goes. Those attorneys are going up against some big guns with a bunch of money, who may have already been down this road before.
If you watch the video he says he was smiling to show he wasn’t going to be provoked in being hostile.
You use the word smirking because that’s what the media and celebrities used. It was all taken out of content and used against those boys simply because they were white and this is why racism is getting so bad. These people are creating this out of control problem that is growing along with the media. They are all responsible and should be held responsible
I did watch the complete video, doesn't change my opinion the kid was smirking, an opinion I held before the media picked it up.
To me his “smirk” looks like a kid with braces smiles because they don’t want to show their teeth. I know I’ve been there and have seen it on many other people. Just like many with resting bitch face aren’t really bitches. All of you who criticize how a person smiles really blows my mind. Any excuse to make the kid a bad guy.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:43 pm
To me his “smirk” looks like a kid with braces smiles because they don’t want to show their teeth. I know I’ve been there and have seen it on many other people. Just like many with resting bitch face aren’t really bitches. All of you who criticize how a person smiles really blows my mind. Any excuse to make the kid a bad guy.
Smiling without teeth because of braces is still a habit I have today and i haven’t had braces in 16 years
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:20 pm
Is that the only opinion and conclusion you came up with after watching the full video?
Well. No. I also am 9f the opinion the adults with the kids should have had the kids move some place else way before the confrontation with the NA activists.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

smiling-while-white.jpg
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:43 pm
To me his “smirk” looks like a kid with braces smiles because they don’t want to show their teeth. I know I’ve been there and have seen it on many other people. Just like many with resting B*tch face aren’t really B*tch. All of you who criticize how a person smiles really blows my mind. Any excuse to make the kid a bad guy.
ya know, I don't care if he WAS "smirking", Nathan Philips was rude, inappropriate invading his space and banging a drum 2 inches from his face. smirking is completely justified when someone is so disrespectful. disrespect doesn't garner respect just because the guy is older or native American.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:16 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:20 pm

Well. No. I also am 9f the opinion the adults with the kids should have had the kids move some place else way before the confrontation with the NA activists.
Uhhh... the kids were waiting on a bus. These adults screaming racist remarks and the adults banging their drums in children’s faces were wrong here. The kids were minding their own business when this man singled this kid out and got in his face.
Locked Previous topicNext topic