How We Handle Issues On Momconfessions

12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The mods are getting irritated by the accusations that they aren’t handling issues appropriately. I would like to explain what happens from our point of view.

We get dozens of reports a day. Most of them don’t break guidelines. Some are on the line, some are revenge reports, a few are legit.

When we come across a legit, 100% guideline violation, we will discuss the issue and after 3 moderators agree then a warning is issued with the comment deleted.

If the report is on the line but not a clear guideline violation then we will post an in post warning and keep an eye on the post to see if it continues or dies down. If it continues we will either lock the post or reach out to those causing issues and request that they

A. Walk away from the situation

B. Take it to fight corner

C. Let them know that if it doesn’t stop we will issue other consequences.

In some cases, when the issues don’t stop after warnings or even temp bans, we will require the user to post after approval. This means every post must be approved by a mod or admin before it shows on the forum. This has been shown to work better than warnings or bans so far so we have been utilizing this consequence more often.

Another thing that we can do is take away the ability to post in that group for a period of time. This means that the user can post in other groups but not the one they’ve been banned from.

If the problem is abusing the anonymous function, then we can take away that ability.

I have also taken away reporting abilities before when users abuse that with revenge reports which causes an overwhelming amount of work for the mods.

Most of the ways that we handle users cannot be seen by normal users. Every report is handled in some way whether anyone believes it or not. Please, remember, the moderators are volunteers who work on this site around the clock. They may miss some things, they may not handle things the way you think it should be done, but they are doing their best.

If anyone has questions or complaints you need to PM me! We will begin locking the posts which seem to have turned into bashing myself and the moderators.

I am open to suggestions, I’ll even leave this post open to suggestions, questions, or criticisms.

Just remember that the moderators are human and can only do so much. We can’t make everyone happy.
🤓The Admin 🤓
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thank you for all you do. I know it can't be an easy thing to handle.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Many should just stop acting like children.
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The moderators work very hard and take their “job” seriously. It’s a lot of work to mod a forum like this. Everyone has a history, everyone has someone they don’t like, and everyone wants their request dealt with the way they want. They have become the punching bags unfortunately. We try our best but there is no way everyone will be happy with decisions that we make. It is definitely not easy!
MistressMonster wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:33 pm Thank you for all you do. I know it can't be an easy thing to handle.
🤓The Admin 🤓
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’ve no complaints but as I’ve said many times before, I’m oblivious to most of it. What I do see seems petty to me anyway. *shrug*
Anonymous 2

Unread post

You ladies are doing a fantastic job and have the patience of a saint.
Thank you for everything that you do for this group.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Just wondering is it possible to delete a post if you made it anon?
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yea, you should be able to.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:57 pm Just wondering is it possible to delete a post if you made it anon?
🤓The Admin 🤓
Anonymous 3

Unread post

12skipafew wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:08 pm Yea, you should be able to.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:57 pm Just wondering is it possible to delete a post if you made it anon?
Nvm got it !
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Good job ladies! Sorry some kids can't behave.
Locked Previous topicNext topic