Odd Uber driver experience

RedBottoms

Anyone have this happen to them?

Dh was having a guy's night. He was over at his friend's house in the suburbs on a Friday night. I warned him if he waited too long he might not get an uber. But he did not heed my warning.

So at 3am he tried to get one and did not have much luck but he finally got someone that agreed to pick him up. But he watched on the map as the guy drove 10 minutes in the opposite direction and his arrival time estimator kept going up from 9 mins to 19 mins to 25 mins.

He cancelled it and I had to go get him.

What was up with that?!

Anyone have weird Uber driver experiences?
RedBottoms

I have another one. 6 of us were boozing it up downtown and wanted an Uber back to their house. So we ordered an Uber XL which is supposed to be a van or an SUV with a third row etc.

Well a little hatchback crossover type deal pulls up with no third row. We were like "We ordered an UberXL. There are 6 of us." He was just like "Eh". So he put two guys in the back little cargo trunk area and the rest of us sat in seats. I was praying to Jesus the entire time for us to please not wreck.

That was some bullcrap.
YOLO

I’ve had the driver take forever to get there. I just cancel and try again in a few minutes. I live near the city so there’s always drivers around, although sometimes early in the morning for work I do have to pay that fee for them to drive a distance to get to me, especially if I schedule the ride the night before. I’ve actually stopped doing that because if I don’t schedule, I’m less likely to have that fee.

I’ve never had the wrong type of car come, though and idk how you could. My bf drives for Uber part time. If you don’t have the type of car that fits that category, you don’t get that ride request. If someone is requesting UberX and for some reason, there aren’t any of the standard cars available, it will send a larger car but not vice versa.
AubreeGrace17
Duchess
Duchess

I've never had that happen before. Most of my uber drivers have been pretty cool.
Ladyiq
Marchioness
Marchioness

My daughter had an Uber driver drop her off about 3 miles from our house. He said thats where the gps told him her address was. It was a QT gas station??? I had to go pick her up because he wanted to charge her again to take her to the right address.
Squirrelcat
Marchioness
Marchioness

I haven’t but my friend did last year. She got an Uber at 4 am to take her to the airport for an early flight. She said her driver kept nodding off during the ride! So scary.
RedBottoms

YOLO wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:26 am I’ve had the driver take forever to get there. I just cancel and try again in a few minutes. I live near the city so there’s always drivers around, although sometimes early in the morning for work I do have to pay that fee for them to drive a distance to get to me, especially if I schedule the ride the night before. I’ve actually stopped doing that because if I don’t schedule, I’m less likely to have that fee.

I’ve never had the wrong type of car come, though and idk how you could. My bf drives for Uber part time. If you don’t have the type of car that fits that category, you don’t get that ride request. If someone is requesting UberX and for some reason, there aren’t any of the standard cars available, it will send a larger car but not vice versa.
yeah I have no idea how that happened. I was not paying for it -my friend did but it it were on my dollar I would have contacted Uber the next morning and complained and probably got my money back
RedBottoms

Ladyiq wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:30 am My daughter had an Uber driver drop her off about 3 miles from our house. He said thats where the gps told him her address was. It was a QT gas station??? I had to go pick her up because he wanted to charge her again to take her to the right address.
Did you contact Uber? If you complain they will probably at least refund the money
RedBottoms

Squirrelcat wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:34 am I haven’t but my friend did last year. She got an Uber at 4 am to take her to the airport for an early flight. She said her driver kept nodding off during the ride! So scary.
wow. I have to take a flight alone in a week and they got me the latest flight back so I will need a ride home at like 12:30 am on a Tuesday night. So for our town I don't feel confidant about getting an uber at that time and day. Like may not be any around. So I decided to leave my car at the airport parking and just drive myself home. I am not wild about standing around alone outside at night waiting on something
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

We had 2 uber drivers get lost last year because there was a detour due to road construction and it didn't show up on their map. My husband had to call them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic