Sorry but you cant just switch weeks around like that.

Unread post

I run an in home daycare. It is licensed and I work hard to make sure I can provide the best care possible.

I have one kid I watch who is awesome, I will call him Z. Z's mom is a single mom and she has 50/50 custody with her ex. It was different at first to have Z there every other week because I never had to do that. I didnt like it at first because it meant I lost out on money. It took awhile to find parents that had a kid that needed care on the opposite weeks.

Well Z's mom mentioned that she needed to change weeks. I guess her and her ex are having to change the CO and their weeks will be different now. What would have been her week is now his week, so the weeks Z is scheduled to come here he will be with his dad instead. She wanted to change so that he could still be in my care. I told her that would not be possible. I am at the limit of the amount of kids I can legally care for. If she switches weeks that would mean that I would have one less kid one week and one too many the next. She asked if I would see if the other family would switch too which is just crazy.

It just sucks because I like both Z and his mom also now I am going to be losing out on money again until I can find someone else to fill that spot. At this point I regret doing the half the time thing at all.
eyes4ears
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I am sorry. I bet it's hard to fill a slot like that.
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm sure she can't help it, either. This is a no-fault situation. It sucks for both of you but just tell her you can't. She'll find a new sitter, you'll find a new client.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

mrsmacgiver wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:14 am I'm sure she can't help it, either. This is a no-fault situation. It sucks for both of you but just tell her you can't. She'll find a new sitter, you'll find a new client.
This

Unread post

mrsmacgiver wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:14 am I'm sure she can't help it, either. This is a no-fault situation. It sucks for both of you but just tell her you can't. She'll find a new sitter, you'll find a new client.
I just worry for her because she had a hard time finding me. A lot of people charge more money also.

I am not saying it is her fault at all, I know it isnt. It is just a shitty situation all the way around
Foreverme123
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

And now you still have that other kid half the time. It's going to be kind of hard to find another kid to fill Z's half time spot.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I get it. I wanted to work part-time after my first, but could not find ANY reputable daycare center that took kiddos part-time, so alas I went back row work full-time to pay for daycare, lol!

Sorry that is happening to you.
Locked Previous topicNext topic