Help. I’m afraid she’s going to get hurt!

mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Dd17 has her permit. We’ve been practicing driving for almost 2 years now. She is doing really really well despite the fact that she is blind in her right eye. She’s also had drivers ed. We just scheduled her driving test for July 5. How do I get past the anxiety of letting her drive?

I should mention that her older sister(21) had 3 accidents in her first year of driving. I think that’s what is causing me so much stress. I just want to drive her around for the rest of her life(not really)

Is there anyway to make this easier?
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My oldest just turned 13. Driving isn’t even on my radar.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Vegaswife2011 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:57 pm My oldest just turned 13. Driving isn’t even on my radar.

Careful. It’ll be here before you know it. 😓
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think all you can do is just go for it and hope for the best. Remind yourself this - just because one got in a few fender benders does not mean the other will.

I've been offering to let my 14, almost 15 yr old to take a crack at driving my Beastie (in an empty parking lot). As soon as I explained she'd be handling 3300 lbs of steel and plastic, she refused, LOL.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Murdoc's Mistress wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:02 pm I think all you can do is just go for it and hope for the best. Remind yourself this - just because one got in a few fender benders does not mean the other will.

I've been offering to let my 14, almost 15 yr old to take a crack at driving my Beastie (in an empty parking lot). As soon as I explained she'd be handling 3300 lbs of steel and plastic, she refused, LOL.

It’s so freaking scary. Jordyn has to co-op out next year (senior year) which means she has to drive to the local college a few times a week. I’m starting college next year so I’m not going to be able to drive her. I’m so scared I’m having panic attacks over here lol
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:55 pm Dd17 has her permit. We’ve been practicing driving for almost 2 years now. She is doing really really well despite the fact that she is blind in her right eye. She’s also had drivers ed. We just scheduled her driving test for July 5. How do I get past the anxiety of letting her drive?

I should mention that her older sister(21) had 3 accidents in her first year of driving. I think that’s what is causing me so much stress. I just want to drive her around for the rest of her life(not really)

I think it's a normal parent thing to worry about their child driving. You've done all the things right. Driving with her, taking drivers ed. Just keep practicing with her, and talk to her. Does she have restrictions regarding driving? Like no driving at night?

Former bass player in hubby's band. His wife was blind in one eye. She doesn't drive at night because of it. I've been in the car with her in the past. She's a very safe driver.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Have you driven with her?
Do you think she is capable?
You just have to let go a little and see what happens.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:09 pm
mater-three wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:55 pm Dd17 has her permit. We’ve been practicing driving for almost 2 years now. She is doing really really well despite the fact that she is blind in her right eye. She’s also had drivers ed. We just scheduled her driving test for July 5. How do I get past the anxiety of letting her drive?

I think it's a normal parent thing to worry about their child driving. You've done all the things right. Driving with her, taking drivers ed. Just keep practicing with her, and talk to her. Does she have restrictions regarding driving? Like no driving at night?

Former bass player in hubby's band. His wife was blind in one eye. She doesn't drive at night because of it. I've been in the car with her in the past. She's a very safe driver.

The only restriction other than wearing her glasses is she can’t drive a car without all 3 mirrors. I guess there were older cars that only had two? I didn’t know this.

Jordyn has better vision in her one eye that the rest of us in our two eyes. If you met her, you’d never know she was blind in the eye. It looks like lazy eye occasionally. She aces vision tests.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:11 pm Have you driven with her?
Do you think she is capable?
You just have to let go a little and see what happens.
Yes of course. I didn’t have such a hard time with my oldest. I don’t know what is going on with me and her.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

67829A1F-99BA-4AED-B5F9-A601AFE271BB.png
This is Jordyn.^^
MistressMonster wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:09 pm

Locked Previous topicNext topic