Teen Allegedly Threw Boy, 8, Off 31-Foot-High Waterslide Platform/Had been violent before

Guestl

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:28 am
Guestl wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:23 am
RedBottoms wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:59 pm

Well we pay for teen moms to have babies and at least my DH works full time
I don't know why we're paying for them either. If you want care, then get a job yourself and pay for it. Don't make others pay your way.
And most middle class families like ourselves are 100% paying our own way. Because we make too much to qualify for assistance of any type.

But then we can't properly save for retirement or pay off our debts because therapies for autism are not covered by insurance in some states and the cost is astronomical.

But the main issue is that eventually these children will be adults and if they are not functional on their own-they are just going to end up on disability anyway which tax payers will pay for.
Maybe the taxpayers shouldn't pay for taking care of them when they are adults either. You had them, you raise them. If you die, and leave behind these humans who can't function in society, you should have a plan in place to take care of them. May the government should force you to buy a policy for that.
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

If this individual had violent episodes prior, where was his aide? Allowing him free range of the waterpark was wrong too, and I put half of the blame on his absent aide.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Guestl wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:39 am
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:28 am
Guestl wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:23 am

I don't know why we're paying for them either. If you want care, then get a job yourself and pay for it. Don't make others pay your way.
And most middle class families like ourselves are 100% paying our own way. Because we make too much to qualify for assistance of any type.

But then we can't properly save for retirement or pay off our debts because therapies for autism are not covered by insurance in some states and the cost is astronomical.

But the main issue is that eventually these children will be adults and if they are not functional on their own-they are just going to end up on disability anyway which tax payers will pay for.
Maybe the taxpayers shouldn't pay for taking care of them when they are adults either. You had them, you raise them. If you die, and leave behind these humans who can't function in society, you should have a plan in place to take care of them. May the government should force you to buy a policy for that.
well I am fine with that if you don't help ANYBODY. But my tax dollars are going already to pay for elderly people with no money or disabled people or teen moms who pop out babies and welfare queens. So if I have to pay for THAT-then I don't give a shit if they end up paying for my son one day either. I pay into the system so its only fair if we qualify to get what we paid into it-back out.

If I did not have to pay taxes for all that-I could save that money and invest it instead. But I will probably never see that money again-so it is what it is.

Bu I am busting my ass to raise my son to where he hopefully WILL be able to hold down a job and support himself. And I plan on leaving him some money when we die too.

But do we as a society really want autistic adults wandering the streets homeless? That is not going to be good for anybody. Do you want to do a Hitler thing and send them to the gas chambers so they are not a burden on society?
Locked Previous topicNext topic