It’s basically thievery.
Bubbs wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:40 pm
Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:39 pm Move in with family
Go to a shelter
Get a roommate
Rent a monthly hotel room

There are options.
Bubbs wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:27 am

How does one get out of a relationship if you don’t have the financial means and are in debt? Isn’t that part of the reason why bankruptcy laws exist?
And filing bankruptcy is one of those options for some
Just not for you.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Prove me wrong instead of repeating yourself. You can’t, which is why you keep saying the same thing over and over.
Dylexsmommy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:41 pm
Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:31 pm Of course I can compare them. I just did. The topic was having things one can’t afford.
Dylexsmommy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:19 am

Lol again as in this is the second time I've posted apples to cheeseburgers to someone who has no idea what they're talking about and making comparisons that are apples to cheeseburgers.

Its more of an "again" to myself as I can't believe how disconnected from reality you are.
Those two things aren't anything alike and anybody that would say they are are living in lala land.

You can't compare buying a vacation yacht and filing for bankruptcy to keep it without paying for it to a woman filing for bankruptcy to escape a bad marriage.
Apples to cheeseburgers.
Apples to cheeseburgers.
You make no sense whatsoever.
You can run along now.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

So you disagree that abusers don’t choose women they know they can control/harm/etc?

How long were you abused?
Dylexsmommy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:47 pm
Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:40 pm It doesn’t happen to strong women. Abusers choose their victims thusly.
Bubbs wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:48 am

Abuse is so subtle at first, especially mental and emotional abuse. It isn’t like they come out of the gate abusing you.
But there’s no sense in explaining to someone who already has their mind made up on how it happens and what it means.
*giggle*
Iffrinn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:57 pm It’s basically thievery.
Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:39 pm Move in with family
Go to a shelter
Get a roommate
Rent a monthly hotel room

There are options.

Just not for you.
It's only thievery if you buy something KNOWING you won't be able to pay for it. Most states have laws in place to protect against that, such as things leased or purchased, or loans taken out 90 days (or more, depending on the state) cannot be covered under a bankruptcy. Neither can tax debts, child support, most student loans, etc.
Being unable to pay bills due to a catastrophic change in circumstance is NOT thievery.
Being unable to pay bills that someone else racked up in your name is NOT thievery.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Neither of those apply to OP.
Iffrinn wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:18 pm

Just not for you.
It's only thievery if you buy something KNOWING you won't be able to pay for it. Most states have laws in place to protect against that, such as things leased or purchased, or loans taken out 90 days (or more, depending on the state) cannot be covered under a bankruptcy. Neither can tax debts, child support, most student loans, etc.
Being unable to pay bills due to a catastrophic change in circumstance is NOT thievery.
Being unable to pay bills that someone else racked up in your name is NOT thievery.
Iffrinn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:20 pm Neither of those apply to OP.

How do you know that? Does the OP not say that her husband racked up debt using her card/account?
You also don't know what led OP to her current living situation.
Regardless, if bankruptcy would allow OP to remove her child, who has NO choice in any of this, from the current situation, then OP would be wrong, unethical, and unfair to her child NOT to do it.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Iffrinn wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:28 pm

How do you know that? Does the OP not say that her husband racked up debt using her card/account?
Regardless, if bankruptcy would allow OP to remove her child, who has NO choice in any of this, from the current situation, then OP would be wrong, unethical, and unfair to her child NOT to do it.
OP has been posting on here/CM for years. It is not just her husband spending the money. She is just as much to blame. She has also made very poor choice. I remember one time she posted about putting an expensive vacation on a credit card
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Thanks.

Why is it so hard for some of the women here to just accept that lots and lots and lots of people just make shitty choices?
Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:31 pm

OP has been posting on here/CM for years. It is not just her husband spending the money. She is just as much to blame. She has also made very poor choice. I remember one time she posted about putting an expensive vacation on a credit card
Iffrinn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:31 pm

Ok. I'll take your word that you know at least some of Op's background/story. I don't.
Yes, putting a vacation on a credit card is a stupid and irresponsible thing to do. I have never said that I believe OP has made good choices.
However, I will say again that her past choices cannot be changed. All she can and should do is make the best choice NOW, for her child. That could include bankruptcy IF bankruptcy would allow the OP to remove her child from the current situation and provide for that child. THAT is what should matter.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

destinyangl21, I did read most of the responses but I'm deliriously tired right now. So, if I ask a question that has already been asked&answered already, I apologize.

Do you work FT?
What is your net income (after taxes)?
Excluding your rent, what other monthly obligations (debts) do you have?
How many children do you have? And what are their ages? And is your DH the father of all?
If your husband isn't working, why is he not caring for the kids?
Is your husband disabled?
Locked Previous topicNext topic