Just 48 hours of the Autozone communist utopia's existence...

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

hmmm666 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:45 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:58 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:48 pm

Bikers. Like the Outlaws.
Oooh! Fill me in! Where did they overtake nearly a mile of public street, hold businesses stuck in that area hostage, extort them for "protection" money, run the police out of their own station, have armed imbeciles guard their borders and assault the police? I wanna see!
Where is all of that happening?
According to people that have been there none of that is happening in Seattle. There are fake images of armed guards and hearsay tales that people are posting on Twitter but the things you are saying have been debunked by the people who are actually there.
Ahhh...well that's reliable then. :lol:
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:51 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:35 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:43 pm :lol: "What has emerged is an experiment in life without the police — part street festival, part commune. Hundreds have gathered to hear speeches, poetry and music. On Tuesday night, dozens of people sat in the middle of an intersection to watch “13th,” the Ava DuVernay film about the criminal justice system’s impact on African-Americans. On Wednesday, children made chalk drawings in the middle of the street."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/11/us/s ... -zone.html

Y'all make it sound like "The Purge". :lol:
The police chief, who is getting the calls of rape and violence to the area and can't get to people, has a very different eye witness account of what's transpiring.
When was this, where did you read this? What is your source?

The live pictures being shown now show very few people walking around. No barriers that can’t be moved in case of an emergency.
https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/ins ... he-street/
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:21 pm
Lemons wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:51 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:35 pm

The police chief, who is getting the calls of rape and violence to the area and can't get to people, has a very different eye witness account of what's transpiring.
When was this, where did you read this? What is your source?

The live pictures being shown now show very few people walking around. No barriers that can’t be moved in case of an emergency.
https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/ins ... he-street/
Law enforcement today isn't that great a source. And they didn't have any specifics to back up their claims so I would wait for more information to verify.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:25 pm
Lemons wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:10 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:02 pm

Look it up. I'm not your mommy. :) Anything I post you'll make excuses for, ridicule and say something ludicrous about.
That's not how it works. Source your information, you're known to believe every conspiracy theory you read.
https://news.yahoo.com/seattle-police-c ... VlH_wUBV7G
The Chief of Police claimed that businesses were getting shaken down for money but had to admit that they got no reports on it, just "heard it". She also talked about risk of fire but the Fire Chief in Seattle walks the streets of the area and talks to the protesters. Reporters on the scene have been describing it as peaceful with most store fronts having Black Lives Matter signs in their windows. Live shots of the area don't show much either.

Exaggerating the scene, especially what Fox News has been doing with running old protest films and fake photos doesn't help.
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

Deleted User 203

Unread post

No, no reading comprehension issues on my end.

However, no matter how one wishes to paint a pretty picture, the realities of something going on are glaringly obvious at its core.

moviestar wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:18 am Okay maybe the problem is your reading comprehension? because nobody said it was a street festival. One article said it was part street festival; street vendors, poetry readings and art circles are certainly elements of a street festival. Are you saying the people who are saying these things are happening are lying?

Let me see if I can follow your logic here. so the journalists from the new york times and Forbes are not credible sources of information, but “lady on the internet who knows somebody who knows somebody who is TOTALLY THERE” has the most accurate and comprehensive understanding of events possible?

PLOT TWIST; Saw this this morning from another Seattlite. he says it’s fine. and he had pictures! Well shit. NOW who am I supposed to believe? IDK maybe you’re right. that guy with the baby looks DANGEROUS.

6C7DAF3B-4101-4AE2-BBB4-EDE360A583BD.png

2196FE5E-FCFF-481D-92E4-B75887BEC09B.png

AZLizardLady wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:29 am No, I haven't. The daughter (and her boyfriend) of a close former high school friend is living in those 6 blocks of the occupation. They have a completely different take from what is being presented by some in the media to even those who are attempting to defend this.

It's not a festival (I repeat ad nauseam).

moviestar wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:24 pm Oh, have you been?

Deleted User 203

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:18 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:28 am
Lemons wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:03 am

I don’t always agree with the majority either. It’s just that you call conventional news sites with reputations for excellence as “mainstream” in a sarcastic way that Sarah Palin used to and now Trump does. That it’s an insult to be part of the mainstream. I just don’t understand.
Of course you understand, Lemons, but you simply don't agree.

"Reputations for excellence" would be WHICH ones, in your opinion? CNN with its low ratings? Same with MSNBC...both of which have been accused of and even caught fabricating stories?

They are referred to as "mainstream" by many and because they are. Mainstream doesn't always imply correct reporting or upright, straightforward and unbiased journalism.
No, actually I don’t understand how a couple of politicians, and shitty ones like Trump and Palin at that, were able to manipulate their base into thinking mainstream is a bad thing. That to be an extremist is good.

And for the hundredth time CNN and MSNBC are entertainment news TV channels with a lot of commentary. I’m talking about the NYT, Washington Post, AP News, NPR, BBC and all the other sites that report the news. These “mainstream” news sites have falsely been proclaimed as fake news and so many of you went along with it. Makes no sense.
NYT, WaPo, and NPR are all left-leaning which for you, I understand the appeal.

But the NYT and WaPo in particular have been caught quite a few times fudging stories and making fabrications.

The reality is and despite it being a favorite thing Trump likes to say when he doesn't like a story about him, be it truth or not, there ARE "fake" news sites and "fake" journalists.

It's simply gotten worse over time.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:56 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:28 am

Of course you understand, Lemons, but you simply don't agree.

"Reputations for excellence" would be WHICH ones, in your opinion? CNN with its low ratings? Same with MSNBC...both of which have been accused of and even caught fabricating stories?

They are referred to as "mainstream" by many and because they are. Mainstream doesn't always imply correct reporting or upright, straightforward and unbiased journalism.
No, actually I don’t understand how a couple of politicians, and shitty ones like Trump and Palin at that, were able to manipulate their base into thinking mainstream is a bad thing. That to be an extremist is good.

And for the hundredth time CNN and MSNBC are entertainment news TV channels with a lot of commentary. I’m talking about the NYT, Washington Post, AP News, NPR, BBC and all the other sites that report the news. These “mainstream” news sites have falsely been proclaimed as fake news and so many of you went along with it. Makes no sense.

But the NYT and WaPo in particular have been caught quite a few times fudging stories and making fabrications.

The reality is and despite it being a favorite thing Trump likes to say when he doesn't like a story about him, be it truth or not, there ARE "fake" news sites and "fake" journalists.

Where did you get the information that the NYT and Washington Post quite often gets caught making up stories? And we aren’t talking about errors or commentators. You are claiming two top news sites are making up stories “quite often”. Please post your source and examples.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:40 am

Where did you get the information that the NYT and Washington Post quite often gets caught making up stories? And we aren’t talking about errors or commentators. You are claiming two top news sites are making up stories “quite often”. Please post your source and examples.
As knowledgeable as you appear to feel you are, Lemons, I will provide those "examples." The rest you'll have to look for on your own if you're truly invested in learning.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kalevleeta ... b6655c7ad5

And since the following website appears to be an approved one for some in this group, I am posting from it. Note that some of these go way back to within recent years:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Y ... troversies

Those are again, two examples.

Yes, this is a problem. It's a problem for many news outlets and even broadcasts/newspapers straight across the political board.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:55 am
Lemons wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:40 am

As knowledgeable as you appear to feel you are, Lemons, I will provide those "examples." The rest you'll have to look for on your own if you're truly invested in learning.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kalevleeta ... b6655c7ad5

And since the following website appears to be an approved one for some in this group, I am posting from it. Note that some of these go way back to within recent years:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Y ... troversies

Those are again, two examples.

Yes, this is a problem. It's a problem for many news outlets and even broadcasts/newspapers straight across the political board.
Wikipedia is not a reliable source because anyone can edit it. But even if they were all accurate and there were issues every five or ten years and Forbes found problems with an article three years ago, you proved my point. They do not make up stories and they have an excellent track record on errors. Every news paper that prints thousands of articles every year will have issues occasionally.

Fox News just got caught putting up a fake photo but I would not say they “frequently” do it. Because I don’t know that and I would just be making it up. Just like you did.
Locked Previous topicNext topic