Soccer just got too real

Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:48 pm
Ledina60 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:13 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:31 am
The kid who's mommy wont let him do the moves wont get to play. He will only get a participation trophy at the end.
The kid whose “mommy won’t let him do the moves” is being well cared for by a mom concerned about heading possibly causing concussion and brain damage.
Health is more important than “sports moves”. Caring about your kid’s health and safety is a good thing.
Soccer can be played well without heading the ball.
Coaches know that.
I think you missed the part where i said my dd has played Lacrosse all through middle school, high school & now plays in college.
No I didn’t.
I’m just offering my opinion concerning soccer and heading the ball, involving the issue of “ mommy being too protective “ and not allowing her kid to “do the moves” lol

Oh, and then the comment about “participation trophy” really cracked me up( it’s silly)
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:24 pm
Ledina60 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:13 pm
The kid whose “mommy won’t let him do the moves” is being well cared for by a mom concerned about heading possibly causing concussion and brain damage.
Health is more important than “sports moves”. Caring about your kid’s health and safety is a good thing.
Soccer can be played well without heading the ball.
Coaches know that.
I think you missed the part where i said my dd has played Lacrosse all through middle school, high school & now plays in college.
No I didn’t.
I’m just offering my opinion concerning soccer and heading the ball, involving the issue of “ mommy being too protective “ and not allowing her kid to “do the moves” lol

Oh, and then the comment about “participation trophy” really cracked me up( it’s silly)
Yes you seem very immature.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:53 pm
Ledina60 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:24 pm

No I didn’t.

Yes you seem very immature.
Why?
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Here is the thing you can tell you daughter not to head the ball in a game. But honestly I would recommend that she learn how to do it properly from the coach. You have two choices one is to allow her to play and tell her not to head the ball during games, and the second is to pull her. Sports evolve with age and we as parents need to determine if we want our child to continue.

Mine do not play soccer. My son plays hockey and box lacrosse. He started hitting last year in hockey, this year some boys that were on the lower seeded team are playing down a step as hitting is not allowed. Either the parent made this choice or the player did. Most of the boys who are playing down are small players. My son is 13, and 145 pounds, these players are big and these smaller boys know they can get hurt so they made a choice not to hit.

Oh and Anon1 if your son plays field, box is far more physical than it.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Conweis wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:11 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:29 am
Conweis wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:25 am You can tell the coach your child will not be using the header technique.
My third son plays soccer and hasn't done headers yet.
I have to worry about my oldest getting concussions from wrestling and trying out for football this summer.

But the child will likely have others using it on him during games... how will that work?
I really don't see how using headers will change the course of getting hurt. I got a soccer ball to the face and head a plenty of times unintentionally. When learning headers, you are learning where to direct the ball to the hardest part of your skull.

As for other kids using it against them, it is nothing. He/she wont be passing, blocking or making shots with their head. Headers work best within the team. Getting hit by a header is a lot less painful than hit by a ball that was kicked.

That makes sense. Thanks.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:31 pm Here is the thing you can tell you daughter not to head the ball in a game. But honestly I would recommend that she learn how to do it properly from the coach. You have two choices one is to allow her to play and tell her not to head the ball during games, and the second is to pull her. Sports evolve with age and we as parents need to determine if we want our child to continue.

Mine do not play soccer. My son plays hockey and box lacrosse. He started hitting last year in hockey, this year some boys that were on the lower seeded team are playing down a step as hitting is not allowed. Either the parent made this choice or the player did. Most of the boys who are playing down are small players. My son is 13, and 145 pounds, these players are big and these smaller boys know they can get hurt so they made a choice not to hit.

I'm anon 1,you're mistaken. I have a dd.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:31 pm Here is the thing you can tell you daughter not to head the ball in a game. But honestly I would recommend that she learn how to do it properly from the coach. You have two choices one is to allow her to play and tell her not to head the ball during games, and the second is to pull her. Sports evolve with age and we as parents need to determine if we want our child to continue.

It’s my DS, and I will let him make the choice, but I am not going to like it. If he told me, he is sticking with chess, robotics, game design and track. I’d be happier, lol.
Locked Previous topicNext topic