Don't like someone?

Betty
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Anon wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:17 pm
Betty wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:10 pm
admin wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:55 pm

What exactly about having a foe option comes off as being harsh and cliquey. Allowing users to have a choice in what they see on their feed is optimal.
Having a list of "foes" doesn't come off as inviting. I assume you are trying to grow your site and bring in members that weren't a part of cm but what do I know?

Did you miss all the people complaining on cm that they couldn’t block people? I think this was a desired feature from many. It’s not blocking but it helps you ignore people.
Sorry but at this stage in the game they aren't even close to being comparable.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What exactly about having a foe option comes off as being harsh and cliquey. Allowing users to have a choice in what they see on their feed is optimal.
Having a list of "foes" doesn't come off as inviting. I assume you are trying to grow your site and bring in members that weren't a part of cm but what do I know?

Did you miss all the people complaining on cm that they couldn’t block people? I think this was a desired feature from many. It’s not blocking but it helps you ignore people.
This exactly! Some people annoy the shit out of me and I would rather not see their posts. Good Lord some people will bitch about anything!
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Betty wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:19 pm

Everything you say this site is negative. I don't know why you're even here if you think it sucks so much.
admin
The Law
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Betty wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:50 pm

You don't see how that could come off as being harsh and cliquey for a website that is just getting started? This place is doomed.
Feel free to elaborate. It's simply an ignore feature similar to many other social media websites. I do believe CM also had this option.
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."

Unread post

It’s a spinoff from there, and it was a feature that users there wanted. Users that are now here.
admin
The Law
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I don't disagree with this. It will require a lot of patience, work and time. Like I said, I plan on hiring a nice web dev here to really make this place better. But this is a time thing.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Betty wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:17 pm
Lunarprancer wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:47 pm
Betty wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:50 pm

You don't see how that could come off as being harsh and cliquey for a website that is just getting started? This place is doomed.
No, I think it can be a great tool for the whiners to build up their bubble/safe space.
I've noticed that every post I've come across from you here is very negative toward this site. Why are you here?
Am I not allowed to have an opinion or give constructive critism on a new site that I hope succeeds in the long wrong?

Will you be running off all potential members with opposing opinions?
Just an observation.
RedBottoms

Unread post

admin wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:44 pm
...MyLove... wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:00 pm
admin wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:21 am
Not for too long if some of it keeps up. I have a relatively low threshold for bullshit.
Wait. She said she comes here laugh at us and that's reason to warn her with being banned? So, there is no freedom of speech here? The rules here are more strict than Cafemom?
It was a generalized statement. Meaning, if someone is coming here to be an asshole to people: They're not going to last long. I'm for free speech, but I'm not for people joining specifically to cause harm to members. I WILL ban for abuse.

People can speak freely here, providing it's within the guidelines posted in the main announcement and I'll do my best to be transparent about that. However, it should be noted that our right to freedom of speech doesn't apply on the web, nor is this website a democracy. It's something I paid for in order to provide a home for all of us who didn't want to lose the CM community.
I think the like button went bye bye so I am quoting this to say I agree with this. If someone wants to mute me that is fine by me. Won't hurt my feelings.

And if someone is here JUST to cause problems and drama-they don't need to be here.
admin
The Law
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Let me just say that hiring a professional web dev. runs about $35-50 PH. These guys don't come cheap. I may be friends with people, but even so - they need to get paid for their work. Most of us in the industry understand the woes of people undervaluing and underestimating the amount of work that goes into such things.
Betty
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

admin wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:22 pm

Feel free to elaborate. It's simply an ignore feature similar to many other social media websites. I do believe CM also had this option.
I feel like I've made my point.

Think about it. If the posts showed the OPs SN rather than the last replied member then members could choose to ignore or reply. You do want to achieve the maximum amount of replies, no? You are screwing the pooch on this one. Sorry it's just too early.
Locked Previous topicNext topic