Riley Gaines demands athletes BOYCOTT Adidas for having biological male model pose in new women's swimwear campaign that

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:14 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:32 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 6:59 pm

That’s how I feel. If you don’t like the Adidas commercial don’t buy their shoes. Don’t go destroying Bud Light bottles just switch to to fosters or whiskey. It’s really nbd.
Isn’t that Bud Light drama over an IG post?
I thought Bud light used a trans model in a commercial. Perhaps I’m wrong.
I looked and I am. They sponsored an IG post.
The way people are raising hell, I thought so too. The fact that this is over an IG post makes it worse.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:42 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 1:09 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:36 pm

I’m not the only one who has pointed this out to you. It is on you to continue to behave that way and people will continue to point it out to you whether you are interested in a conversation or not.

What you are interested in doesn’t matter and I meant every word I have ever said to you. We wouldn’t be having this conversation had you not called me a slut shamer.

So learn how to take the bullshit you dish out.
“ We wouldn’t be having this conversation had you not called me a slut shamer”, we’ll maybe you shouldn’t slut shame if you don’t want to be called a slut shame. so you admit that your issue is something I said to you in a different post that you need to drag over here. In your own advice, learn how to take the bullshit you dish out.
Moved the conversation to a more appropriate location.
You mean moved your tantrum to a group where you can continue calling names without getting reported. Notice how you’re the only one in the past four years who has posted in that group? Because everyone else can manage having a disagreement without turning it into a name calling hissy fit.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

IMHO, what they have been doing until today: compete with the gender you were born as. Or if they prefer it, create a third category for transgender athletes.
WellPreserved wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 4:16 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:30 pm Well, I for once, do believe that there needs to be more scientific research before we even attempt to talk about the transgender athlete issue. This isn’t a political issue, it’s a scientific one and neither side should use it as a platform to push their views.
But I don’t support in any way or form any demeaning, bullying, marginalizing or mistreatment of people who come out as transexual. This issue isn’t about vilifying and demeaning people, this issue is about finding fairness for ALL now that we’re faced with these circumstances. If research finds that male born transitioning athletes do have a physical advantage over born female athletes, then we’ll have to find a fair solution.
So do I support just having male born athletes competing with women just because we shouldn’t make them feel excluded? No. But I also think that if the proof shows that it’s not a factor then they shouldn’t be excluded.
WellPreserved wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:23 pm

In your opinion, what would be a fair "middle ground"?
I don't disagree with you but what should transgender men and women athletes do while waiting on the science?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Deleted User 1511

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 5:41 pm IMHO, what they have been doing until today: compete with the gender you were born as. Or if they prefer it, create a third category for transgender athletes.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:30 pm Well, I for once, do believe that there needs to be more scientific research before we even attempt to talk about the transgender athlete issue. This isn’t a political issue, it’s a scientific one and neither side should use it as a platform to push their views.
But I don’t support in any way or form any demeaning, bullying, marginalizing or mistreatment of people who come out as transexual. This issue isn’t about vilifying and demeaning people, this issue is about finding fairness for ALL now that we’re faced with these circumstances. If research finds that male born transitioning athletes do have a physical advantage over born female athletes, then we’ll have to find a fair solution.
So do I support just having male born athletes competing with women just because we shouldn’t make them feel excluded? No. But I also think that if the proof shows that it’s not a factor then they shouldn’t be excluded.

I don't disagree with you but what should transgender men and women athletes do while waiting on the science?
Prior, transgender athletes were able to compete for the most part as the gender they identified with depending on hormone levels.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That’s because those guidelines were made based on social issues rather than medical ones. Proof is that the first Olympic guidelines stated that for transgender athletes to compete in the opposite gender of their birth, they had to have at least 2 years of hormone therapy, have to undergo gender reassignment surgery and be legally recognized as the opposite gender. The guidelines were softened a bit because it would’ve been problematic for athletes from countries that didn’t recognize S*x change surgery or gave legal status to transgenders. So they were softened over social and political reasons, not scientific ones.
Prior to de mid 70s, before the first transgender athlete coming out as such, athletes competed agains those of the same S*x they were born in. So maybe now it’s time when this issue is being addressed, that we do things right this time. Find a fair solution to all. Don’t punish the athletes that are happy with their natural born bodies because less than 1% of the population doesn’t feel the same way. It’s not their fault that they were born straight and ok in their bodies.
WellPreserved wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 6:09 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 5:41 pm IMHO, what they have been doing until today: compete with the gender you were born as. Or if they prefer it, create a third category for transgender athletes.

Prior, transgender athletes were able to compete for the most part as the gender they identified with depending on hormone levels.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I completely agree!
SouthernIslander wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 4:22 pm

I know you didn’t ask me, lol but I’d support tax dollars going to a unisex league so athletes have a choice until science catches up or we are able to find a compromise that works for everyone, not just one group.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Deleted User 1511

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:19 pm That’s because those guidelines were made based on social issues rather than medical ones. Proof is that the first Olympic guidelines stated that for transgender athletes to compete in the opposite gender of their birth, they had to have at least 2 years of hormone therapy, have to undergo gender reassignment surgery and be legally recognized as the opposite gender. The guidelines were softened a bit because it would’ve been problematic for athletes from countries that didn’t recognize S*x change surgery or gave legal status to transgenders. So they were softened over social and political reasons, not scientific ones.
Prior to de mid 70s, before the first transgender athlete coming out as such, athletes competed agains those of the same S*x they were born in. So maybe now it’s time when this issue is being addressed, that we do things right this time. Find a fair solution to all. Don’t punish the athletes that are happy with their natural born bodies because less than 1% of the population doesn’t feel the same way. It’s not their fault that they were born straight and ok in their bodies.

What in your opinion would be "do things right this time?". What do you feel would be fair not only to cis-gender athletes but transgender athletes? Currently we're talking about .02% of the population of athletes so what rules should be in place that is not discriminatory but is fair?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That sounds about right. DH was a competitive swimmer for many years and that meant being ready to go into the pool at 5:00 a.m before going to school and after school activities to be back at the pool in the evening and hopefully be out of there before 11:00 p.m. But yeah, he will tell you it was worth it. So what’s your point here? Because she quoted a Biblical verse that was her inspiration that means something?
Aletheia wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:46 pm She says when the fight gets tough, she likes to refer to her favorite Bible verse - Romans 8:18: "For our present sufferings aren't worth comparing to the glory that will be revealed in us," she recited. "And I always thought that was so applicable to swimming because it's truly suffering. I mean, those practices you do, but I constantly remind myself it will be worth it. Our Bible tells us it will be."
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I already did. Let’s do some research, let’s truly find out what the scientific reality is and tune out all those social voices trying to push an agenda aside. Let’s make actual guidelines according to what the science shows us is fair and correct, not out of wanting to be PC. And, as you said, considering it’s such a minority, it’s actually a big consideration to even bother in finding them a place they can feel comfortable in. We could just say “screw it, you were born a man, compete with the men”. But that’s not right either. Asking for a way to make this fair isn’t transphobic in any way, and neither is asking for some patience and adapting in the meantime.
Hey, as a less than 1% minority myself, I don’t see anyone bending over backwards to try to accommodate me. I adapt and move on.

WellPreserved wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:29 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:19 pm That’s because those guidelines were made based on social issues rather than medical ones. Proof is that the first Olympic guidelines stated that for transgender athletes to compete in the opposite gender of their birth, they had to have at least 2 years of hormone therapy, have to undergo gender reassignment surgery and be legally recognized as the opposite gender. The guidelines were softened a bit because it would’ve been problematic for athletes from countries that didn’t recognize S*x change surgery or gave legal status to transgenders. So they were softened over social and political reasons, not scientific ones.

What in your opinion would be "do things right this time?". What do you feel would be fair not only to cis-gender athletes but transgender athletes? Currently we're talking about .02% of the population of athletes so what rules should be in place that is not discriminatory but is fair?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:41 pm I already did. Let’s do some research, let’s truly find out what the scientific reality is and tune out all those social voices trying to push an agenda aside. Let’s make actual guidelines according to what the science shows us is fair and correct, not out of wanting to be PC. And, as you said, considering it’s such a minority, it’s actually a big consideration to even bother in finding them a place they can feel comfortable in. We could just say “screw it, you were born a man, compete with the men”. But that’s not right either. Asking for a way to make this fair isn’t transphobic in any way, and neither is asking for some patience and adapting in the meantime.
Hey, as a less than 1% minority myself, I don’t see anyone bending over backwards to try to accommodate me. I adapt and move on.

WellPreserved wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:29 pm

Smh, 🙄 😂
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic