They don't want me to provide food for my family!

RedBottoms

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:02 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:09 am
Verrine wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:01 am
Crazy on either side is stupid. Not even bothering to think about other lifestyles is stupid. Not everyone lives in a city where a cop can and will show up in minutes.

I think the majority of people would like COMMON SENSE gun laws. There are more guns (393 million estimated) than people in the US (327 million). I know people who have more than a dozen guns, but who, I hope, are sensible enough not to use them to kill people. They won't be giving up their guns. I don't understand collecting guns as a hobby, but I'm not asking them to give up their guns.

I would like it if we could research gun deaths and ways to avoid them. The NRA has such power over Congress that we can't even do that with government funds.
My mom and stepdad have lots of guns. But some are family heirlooms that have been passed down from father to son for generations. Some are worth a lot of money since they are considered antiques at this point. So that is why they have those. Sentimental and monetary value. Those are mostly just kept and not particularly used.

Then they have their practical weapons they use like handguns for home protection since the nearest cop is probably 90 minutes away at any given time. And hunting rifles which they use for if they see a rabid dog on their property or a poisonous snake etc. They often have to just kinda shoot in the air to scare off critters and stuff like that. They get bears, wolves, coyotes, poisonous snakes, bobcats, panthers, Mountain lions, rabid dogs, feral cats, you name it.
Doesn't your mom live in Alabama?

Shooting in the air is a really ignorant way to handle any gun. What goes up must come down, and that's dangerous.
They don't shoot straight up. And they are the only people around. Their driveway is a literal mile long. They are friends with the game warden. Everything is on the complete up and up.
Spunky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Canadiana wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:06 pm
Spunky wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:22 pm Imagine for a moment if deer hunted us the same way. Like hey,I'm gonna go spray myself with human piss and shoot me some meat!
Are you a vegetarian?
No. I'm not a hunter either.
Canadiana
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Spunky wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:32 am
Spunky wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:22 pm Imagine for a moment if deer hunted us the same way. Like hey,I'm gonna go spray myself with human piss and shoot me some meat!
Are you a vegetarian?
So you eat meat but you judge the people who have to care for it and butcher it or hunt it and butcher it so you can eat it. Interesting.
Spunky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Canadiana wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:09 pm
Spunky wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:32 am

Are you a vegetarian?
So you eat meat but you judge the people who have to care for it and butcher it or hunt it and butcher it so you can eat it. Interesting.
Who judged? I didn't place any judgement.
Locked Previous topicNext topic