Im not running you places before or after work

Superbutt
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

CandTmom wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:21 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:19 pm
CandTmom wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:16 pm Sounds like you shouldn't have had any children.
Why? because i won't be their personal taxi. My life doesn't revolve around running them around .
You don't give them rides.

Your kids don't do any activities

I bet they are miserable
I'm not op but my kids don't really do activities for school except my youngest who is in girl scouts. Our older dd doesn't want to and our older ds hasn't been able to improve his grades enough to join something in years..and believe me we have tried everything..just saying, our kids aren't miserable
RedBottoms

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:07 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:16 pm But you said you don’t take your kid places after work, so what good would it do for her to wait after you get off from work? 🤔
And really, having to schlep kids around is part of parenting. I didn’t want to spend my Sunday taking my kid to school for an activity and then having to go back to pick him up 2 hours later. My husband didn’t want to go pick my kids up at 10:00 p.m. on a Thursday from a bar mitzvah that was held half an hour drive from here. But we did it. Because it’s our job as parents. If you didn’t want to be inconvenienced by having to give rides, then you shouldn’t have had kids.
Until a day i am off. My kids don't do activites
maybe they should. They might have less drama with exes and bullshit if they were busy doing ballet all day. Involved kids don't have time to get in trouble.

Also driving kids around is part of parenting. Its all I do. I log like 500 miles a week driving my kids around to dance and school and appointments

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:28 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:07 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:16 pm But you said you don’t take your kid places after work, so what good would it do for her to wait after you get off from work? 🤔
And really, having to schlep kids around is part of parenting. I didn’t want to spend my Sunday taking my kid to school for an activity and then having to go back to pick him up 2 hours later. My husband didn’t want to go pick my kids up at 10:00 p.m. on a Thursday from a bar mitzvah that was held half an hour drive from here. But we did it. Because it’s our job as parents. If you didn’t want to be inconvenienced by having to give rides, then you shouldn’t have had kids.
Until a day i am off. My kids don't do activites
maybe they should. They might have less drama with exes and bullshit if they were busy doing ballet all day. Involved kids don't have time to get in trouble.

Also driving kids around is part of parenting. Its all I do. I log like 500 miles a week driving my kids around to dance and school and appointments
My kids are old enough to decide if they want to be involved un activities. And that is you. My job isn't to be a taxi. It may be for you but not for me
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm with you that I don't do spur of the moment requests. I will drive my kids places, anything they need and reasonably want. But they know they can't just come up to me and say "I want to go to XYZ now." That's going to get them a big fat "no". But if they say to me in the morning as I'm driving them to school, "hey mom, can you take me to XYZ tonight" then chances are if I have nothing else going on I will be willing to do it. I've also been known to say "well, we've got this, this and this going on today, how about we go there tomorrow".

Basically, give me advance notice so I can mentally fit it into my plans for the day. I like to know what to expect. Even if a friend calls me up and says "do you want to go see a movie with me today? we need to leave in 20 min" I'm not cool with that. I don't just jump at activities like that. But if they want to call me on Thursday and say "Hey, want to go to the 2pm showing on Saturday?" then I will likely accept as long as there are no schedule conflicts. I'm a planner. I don't want to have to do anything at a moments notice.
RedBottoms

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:29 pm It’s absolutely ridiculous to tell OP she she must drop everything she is doing and run her kids wherever they want whenever they want at all times and that she is her kids taxi.
Must be nice for your kids to be so privileged and entitled. Great way to raise future entitled adult brats.
there is a happy medium. You take them to things like work or dance or soccer or school. Then occasionally if you have time-you can take them to things like the mall to meet up with friends or something non essential.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:58 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:29 pm It’s absolutely ridiculous to tell OP she she must drop everything she is doing and run her kids wherever they want whenever they want at all times and that she is her kids taxi.
Must be nice for your kids to be so privileged and entitled. Great way to raise future entitled adult brats.
there is a happy medium. You take them to things like work or dance or soccer or school. Then occasionally if you have time-you can take them to things like the mall to meet up with friends or something non essential.
I’m not saying don’t take your kids places I’m saying don’t let them rule you and demand to go places when it’s inconvtlike an hour before work. I take my kids places all the time but none of my kids would ever expect me to go out of my way an hour before work as I’m getting ready.
Locked Previous topicNext topic