Teen Allegedly Threw Boy, 8, Off 31-Foot-High Waterslide Platform/Had been violent before

Silent_Assassin
Villein
Villein

Unread post

Wow I feel bad for the boy who got hurt so sad. This isn't far from me surprised I haven't heard about it until now. That little shit needs to stay in jail that's so fucked up.
WickedLauraBelle
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I really can't respond with this. The fact that this man is not being charged with attempted murder angers me. But don't blame the aid he was with. Even if she was next to him in doubt she could have stopped him. She would have been going over the rail as well most likely.
We’re all stories in the end. Make it a good one.
nmkj
Countess
Countess

Unread post

That kid has crazy eyes. If he needed an aid why the f**k wasn't the aid standing right next to him? Either he's disabled enough to need an aid or he knew what the f**k he was doing since his aid was on the other side of the park.
anonforever
Regent
Regent

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:34 pm If he has special needs that make him unsafe in public then the aide should have been right there beside him monitoring him at all times so this did not happen. The aide failed in her job duties.

I have a special needs child and you can best believe I monitor him and when he was more out of control- I was always right there besides him
Agreed, I have a SN child as well and while she's not violent to others she often lacks full awareness of her surroundings and sometimes bumps into people unaware of them being there. I would never allow her to be in this situation alone ( mostly because she would 🌱get up there and most likely freak out and not want to go down lol but also because I don't leave her unsupervised because of her lack of awareness. Myself or my husband are always with her in public)we don't even go to water parks though.

Unread post

This personal care assistant - is this his own personal babysitter paid for by his parents, or was he there with a group from an organization?
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

guest wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:44 am This personal care assistant - is this his own personal babysitter paid for by his parents, or was he there with a group from an organization?
Don't know.

Unread post

CreamTop wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:20 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:01 am
RedBottoms wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:25 am

The aide absolutely in my opinion deserves charges. They paid and hired her to do a certain job and she did not do it. We don't know what the parents told the aide or how long the aide has worked with the boy etc. Its possible the aide was told to always stay next to him and avoid long lines etc and she ignored that. So then honestly the crime is more on the aide than the Special needs person.

There are a lot of factors to this story. If my son was at school and on a field trip and he was supposed to have an aide with him and they didn't and he did something that hurt someone else-I would wanting the aide in jail and the school system in trouble-not necessarily my son. Because they fucked up.

Now my son is not going to toss someone over a railing but he might accidentally hurt someone during a meltdown if he got upset and threw something etc. You just never know. Its why I monitor him closely. Its also why I don't take him into situations that are too much for him. Its why I tell his teachers what I expect of them when he is under their care.

But again-if they f**k up and don't do what they are supposed to do-that is on them-not me or my son. I tell them very plainly what he needs and its documented in his IEP.
You have no clue what the aide was hired to do.
Really? I can guarantee she wasn’t hired to be at the other side of the park.
How can you guarantee that? How do you know this aide wasn't staff from a facility that took them to this park? How do you know this guy didn't sneak off after being told to wait at the food court so said aide could get him and his group lunch or a drink? Can you also guarantee that this guys parents are paying for an individual personal aide just for him?
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Wow... glad the little boy is okay. Terrible!

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:57 pm Who posted his bond? If that was my kid, delays or not, he could cool his heels and MAYBE I'd get around to posting his bail eventually. But if he had this sort of behavior before as I'm sure he did, a water park is no place for him. I don't take my kids at high peak times and I'm fairly stable. I do hate waiting in line in the hot sun though.
It may be that leaving him in jail may make things worse.

Had that been my kid I’d pribably bail him out but then check him into a hospital
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

wow.
Locked Previous topicNext topic