bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:01 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:44 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:31 pm You are right, they don't HAVE to eat there at ALL. None of it is necessary and therefore per your definition, technically ridiculous. So why aren't posters mocking them for even wanting to experience CheeseCake Factory? IDK, but the line in the sand is drawn, "$20 dollars for a huge fat filled entree is fine, BUT damn, $5 lemonades are ridiculous" *rolls eyes*

But people shame them for their wants? They want to have a fizzy lemonade treat, they obviously don't get but once a year, IF THAT??? I think it's mean to mock & ridicule them for that. You can disagree.

But this happens in every post. Don’t you know you should buy all your children’s clothes at thrift shops, never spend more than $8 on anything for yourself, never eat out, and only buy the food that’s on sale at the grocery store? Shall I go on? Half the women on this site would have a stoke if I posted my monthly credit card statement.
The fact that you use credit on non big ticket items would give me a hypothetical stroke
Lol why?
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Catdaughter20 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:31 pm So what did you end up doing OP?
I need to know too!
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Why did you buy C.F. gift cards?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:14 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:21 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:54 pm

I can understand why a parent wouldn’t want to limit their child’s “experience.” I don’t even expect my 5 year old to order off the children’s menu if there is something on the adult menu that he would prefer, and we eat out at least weekly.
The thing is, she's already limiting their experience. She promised them an eat in experience and is taking that away over lemonade. Either way they don't get lemonade and in this case, she taking away both the lemonade and the eat in experience that they wanted.
It’s not a situation I’ve experienced, but I would definitely not want to tell my children that couldn’t order something in a restaurant simply because I couldn’t afford to pay for it.

Maybe try and find your empathy?
They weren't getting the lemonade anyway, there are ways they could get it if she really wanted, like if she got something cheaper, and there are many things she could tell them beside that she couldn't afford it.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:31 pm You are right, they don't HAVE to eat there at ALL. None of it is necessary and therefore per your definition, technically ridiculous. So why aren't posters mocking them for even wanting to experience CheeseCake Factory? IDK, but the line in the sand is drawn, "$20 dollars for a huge fat filled entree is fine, BUT damn, $5 lemonades are ridiculous" *rolls eyes*

But people shame them for their wants? They want to have a fizzy lemonade treat, they obviously don't get but once a year, IF THAT??? I think it's mean to mock & ridicule them for that. You can disagree.
Too Old For This %^& wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:19 pm Flavored lemonades are $5 each. If they REALLY want to go, they can skip that, for one. And $12 for fried mac and cheese can be an entree, not an app. Ridiculous to say they HAVE to have these things.
LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:50 pm I feel kind of bad, that everybody is picking on you wanting to buy beverages.

I didn't grow up in poverty, but we did not eat out at nice restaurants growing up. So eating at McDonald's or even Long John Silver's was a huge treat, and personally, as a child, I REALLY looked forward to the soda just as much as the food. We drank water at home, so soda was such a special thing. I would have been disappointed if I didn't get a soda, and almost would have wanted to wait to go, so I could have had beverage treat with my quarter-pounder with cheese, LOL.

I don't understand why that reflects so poorly upon you and your children to want to get a lemonade. People are being sort of mean, imo, and also making fun of your budget, not cool...
The five dollar lemonades add up. To me it's simple budgeting. We're a family of three so we'd pay 15 dollars for drinks. Or they can have water, they get their appetizer and op stays within budget. And water is healthier. It's to the point where my boys just automatically get water even when I don't mind if they get soda. We're all used to it now.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:57 am

Too Old For This %^& wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:19 pm Flavored lemonades are $5 each. If they REALLY want to go, they can skip that, for one. And $12 for fried mac and cheese can be an entree, not an app. Ridiculous to say they HAVE to have these things.

The five dollar lemonades add up. To me it's simple budgeting. We're a family of three so we'd pay 15 dollars for drinks. Or they can have water, they get their appetizer and op stays within budget. And water is healthier. It's to the point where my boys just automatically get water even when I don't mind if they get soda. We're all used to it now.
And that's awesome, no concerns for me on what your family wants. I just felt several people in the post were being really critical and weren't understanding that some people really like the specialty beverages as part of the dine-in experience. I don't understand why it is being judged as more frivolous -- the whole meal out is frivolous. Eating at home is healthier too.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:40 am

And that's awesome, no concerns for me on what your family wants. I just felt several people in the post were being really critical and weren't understanding that some people really like the specialty beverages as part of the dine-in experience. I don't understand why it is being judged as more frivolous -- the whole meal out is frivolous. Eating at home is healthier too.
Lemonade is a specialty drink?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:56 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:40 am

Lemonade is a specialty drink?
I am assuming, that they fizz it up, or they make it slushy like., or using real lemons and sprite or something. IDK, typically people don't crave or want for crappy, plain drinks, *shrugs* I don't really eat there very much and definitely don't get lemonade, lol.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Order water with lemons.. add sugar... lemonade 🍹
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:29 am Why did you buy C.F. gift cards?
They were probably discounted. We bought a bunch of restaurant gift cards when they were on sale a few months ago.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Locked Previous topicNext topic