I broke up with him when I found out he had a DUI

Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I believe people can learn from their poor decisions and move forward. It would not be a deal breaker for me.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sure wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:55 pm Unless someone you know was killed in a dui accident, I don’t see how this would be a deal breaker. I bet a large majority of people you meet have been over the legal limit and drove but didn’t get caught.
Everyone has their own deal breakers. For me, alcohol is a deal breaker but infidelity is not (would depend on the circumstances). You may find me weird for seeing it that way, but I could say I find you weird for being so casual about alcohol.

My DH, my best friend and myself are three people who have never ever driven over the legal limit. Not even close. That's just three people off the top of my head. I'm sure others of my closest friends call into the same category. It's not hard to know people like that if you don't make all your friends at bars and nightclubs.
Kittymom1026
Villein
Villein

Unread post

Shaken1976 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:32 am
Guest wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:26 am
Shaken1976 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:06 am I had a coworker go out to his car after leaving a bar. He was getting something out of it before his ride arrived. He was arrested for DUI. This was about ten years ago. Would you hold that against him?
Yes because that person is clearly stupid too. It really isn't hard to avoid a DUI and that he was risking it
How was he stupid? He called for a ride. He walked outside, realized it was chilly, and decided to grab a hoodie from his car. He hit the unlock button and a cop came up to him. They were watching him leave. He explained he was waiting on his friend to come get him and just wanted his hoodie. The friend showed up while they were doing the field sobriety test. They arrested him anyway. Oh and they let him grab his hoodie. The friend showed them the text messages asking for a ride. All of it was even brought up in court. But small town justice didn’t care.
I guess she thinks he should have stood outside freezing until his friend came and allowed the friend to get his jacket. Also, doesn't the D in DUI stand for "driving?" How can you be charged with a DUI when you're not driving or even in your car?
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It wouldn't bother me if it was all taken care of license wise and financially. If he got one while we were dating that'd be the end. Been there, done that, never again.
AubreeGrace17
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

If that is a value that you feel strong about then good for you for sticking to your guns. For me, I think that people make mistakes and can change. I would date someone who had one. Multiple recent DUI charges would be an issue though.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, aren’t you overdramatic? I guess he dodged a bullet with you.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree. Besides, having a DUI doesn’t automatically mean driving dead drunk or even impaired. It’s not always an irresponsible, selfish choice. And anyone that has been young and stupid (which means, everyone. Period) can have such a mistake in their past. It doesn’t make them bad or unworthy people. Now, if they got drunk on a regular basis and drove without caring for anyone that’s another thing.
AubreeGrace17 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:18 pm If that is a value that you feel strong about then good for you for sticking to your guns. For me, I think that people make mistakes and can change. I would date someone who had one. Multiple recent DUI charges would be an issue though.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Axtually, the only idiot in that scenario is the cop. He probably graduated from Police Academy that afternoon and was eager for his first arrest. But it’s idiotic and illogical to arrest someone for a DUI just by walking to their car and even getting in. Because the charge is DRIVING under the influence, not SITTING in the car under the influence, not WALKING to the car under the influence, not OPENING the car under the influence, not HAVING the keys to,the car under the influence. It’s DRIVING under the influence. So any idiot that thinks that it’s OK to feel like a police hero because they caught a guy getting his jacket from their car after drinking is a shame to the thin blue line.
Guest wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:40 am
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:31 am
Guest wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:26 am

Yes because that person is clearly stupid too. It really isn't hard to avoid a DUI and that he was risking it
So he deserved to go to jail to get something out of his car? He deserved to have his record stained because he needed something out of his car? He deserved to be out lawyer fees and fines because he needed something out of his car?

See you are just hateful and don't like people to drink period. This statement proves that
You dont go to your car with your keys while you are drunk. Every intelligent person knows that. It is a risk that only an idiot would take.

I never said I dont like drinking, again just just making more dumb assumptions
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
...MyLove...

Unread post

He is so much better off dating someone who is loving and offers forgiveness, especially when he didn't do anything to you, that he needed to be forgiven for. Did you have S*x with him?
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

OP said she didn't know because she refused to let him explain. I got the feeling it was a lesson learned on his part and awhile ago. ~shrug~

madfoodie wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:09 am
MistressMonster wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:58 pm Sounds like he learned his lesson from it. How long ago did this happen? Should it be held over his head for life?
I was wondering how long ago and if it ever happened again. People do learn from their mistakes.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Locked Previous topicNext topic