The Abortion Debate......why can’t it ever involve common sense?

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

I’m not, I’m simply replying to your comments. If you want me to ignore you, then just say so. I have no problem with it. But I assumed that the fact that you reply to a comment of mine means that you expect a response. You’re just being deliberately belligerent for no reason at all. I haven’t attacked anyone’s beliefs, I haven’t suggested my beliefs should be law, so I don’t see why you singled me out to pick an argument.
We get it, you don’t like religion. That’s fine. But just as I can’t demand you ignore your secular values when it comes to voting, you can’t demand people leave aside their religious beliefs. We all have a moral compass, yours may come from your upbringing, your society and your experiences. For others, it comes from their religion. Your moral compass isn’t more valid than anyone else’s and just as you don’t leave it out of your political opinion and voting ballots, those with a moral compass based on their religion shouldn’t either. That’s fairness and equality.

Now, let me ask you... wasn’t abortion illegal at one time? How did that change?
Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:34 pm Don't be intentionally obtuse, It's not a good fit for you.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:55 pm Where did I say anything about my beliefs becoming laws?
But if we’re bringing beliefs into the mix, YOURS shouldn’t become law either, right? And yet, I’m sure your beliefs dictate how you vote. So unless you can state with a straight face that your views are 100% neutral, you also let your beliefs dictate what you think should be the law.
Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:53 pm Your actions say otherwise but I won't get into that merry go round with you, but this is why the abortion debate can't involve common sense.
Too many people who think their religious opinion should dictate laws.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Anonymous 6

Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:37 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:08 pm Why is abortion always a topic of 'my body my choice'. but when it comes to vaccines, it's not your body anymore - it's society's body.
Your choice to abort doesn't impact society's chances of catching a preventable and potentially deadly disease. Your choice not to vaccinate does.
ah, but the choice not to abort puts an undue burden on society too, with that unwed mother relying on welfare/food stamps -- so, in essence, society is fucked either way. You can't have it both ways, saying women have bodily autonomy, and then telling her she HAS to take a vaccination.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Anonymous 6 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:08 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:37 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:08 pm Why is abortion always a topic of 'my body my choice'. but when it comes to vaccines, it's not your body anymore - it's society's body.
Your choice to abort doesn't impact society's chances of catching a preventable and potentially deadly disease. Your choice not to vaccinate does.
ah, but the choice not to abort puts an undue burden on society too, with that unwed mother relying on welfare/food stamps -- so, in essence, society is fucked either way. You can't have it both ways, saying women have bodily autonomy, and then telling her she HAS to take a vaccination.
Nice try but that burden of childcare and relying on food stamps/welfare isn't potentially DEADLY to OTHER members of society. In short her abortion doesn't have drastic consequences to other people who come into contact with her. The choice not to vaccinate does.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

It's a good thing the right to choose abortion is federally protected and that's extremely unlikely to change anytime in the near future. I really don't get why it has to be an issue at all. It's a law. Get over it already. You choose what's right for you, I'll choose what's right for me. Thank goodness we have that choice at all.
Anonymous 10

Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:44 am That’s not proof and love is conceptual. You can’t prove you love anything. For example, in your eyes, I may not love my child if I don’t tell him that I love him often enough, but I may disagree. Or I may think you don’t love your child if you don’t kiss him enough. It’s subjective.

There’s zero proof any deity exists. It’s purely faith. Faith and proof aren’t synonyms.
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:05 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:36 am There’s no such thing as proving something doesn’t exist. Logic 101. B05BF090-880F-410C-B109-E9DE1DA1FDB2.jpeg

We believe in Him just as you believe that your husband/parents/children/dog loves you. There is no physical manifestation, nothing you can see and touch, nothing to show and you have no way to prove it to an outsider.

Why do you believe that people love you where there is zero proof?

Faith 101
Proving the existence of a feeling is different than proving the existence of a diety, unless you're saying your god/gods is/are nothing more than a feeling.
Anonymous 5

I don’t have any gods.
Anonymous 10 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:35 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:44 am That’s not proof and love is conceptual. You can’t prove you love anything. For example, in your eyes, I may not love my child if I don’t tell him that I love him often enough, but I may disagree. Or I may think you don’t love your child if you don’t kiss him enough. It’s subjective.

There’s zero proof any deity exists. It’s purely faith. Faith and proof aren’t synonyms.

We believe in Him just as you believe that your husband/parents/children/dog loves you. There is no physical manifestation, nothing you can see and touch, nothing to show and you have no way to prove it to an outsider.

Faith 101
Proving the existence of a feeling is different than proving the existence of a diety, unless you're saying your god/gods is/are nothing more than a feeling.
Anonymous 11

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:57 am
RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:40 am

Faith 101
If God loves me he has a weird way of showing it. Killing my first two babies. Letting them die. Making me very infertile so I had to go through all kinds of heartbreak and hoops to have kids. That is not how you show someone you love them
We're all part of a mass of other people in the universe. Things happen to us that necessarily aren't directly for us - there are things we experience because we're part of another soul's growth or life lessons. Something happens to us so that someone we're associated with might learn. Our personal tragedy triggers something for another.

Why did my mother have to rot from Alzheimer's for years? She was a beautiful, warm soul. She did nothing to deserve this, but her illness impacted many other people. All of us in her immediate family derived many life lessons from this. We advanced as people and strengthened spiritually. We have a couple of nurses that learned some things from caring for her also. Her legacy is leaving behind a ripple impact for the better.

If you believe that we pick our destiny before we come down, kind of like a course catalog in college, part of that is that we choose some hardships we experience in addition to the blessings. We choose that for our own growth and sometimes to be a sacrifice for others, to help their soul's growth. Sacrificing perfects our soul also. Kind of like cosmic points. LOL

He's our Heavenly Father. As a parent, you know that sometimes your children have hard lessons in life to learn. It hurts some at the time, but they're better for it in the end. Like any parent, He makes sure we learn our hard lessons.

You ended up with your twins, so your prayers were answered. We don't always get the answers to our prayers in a direct route, or in a way that makes sense to us.

I'll tell you honestly, I'd much rather struggle here in this earth school and be able to have paradise for eternity.
Before we come down? Where is this paradise?
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Anonymous 11 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:10 am
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:57 am

If God loves me he has a weird way of showing it. Killing my first two babies. Letting them die. Making me very infertile so I had to go through all kinds of heartbreak and hoops to have kids. That is not how you show someone you love them
We're all part of a mass of other people in the universe. Things happen to us that necessarily aren't directly for us - there are things we experience because we're part of another soul's growth or life lessons. Something happens to us so that someone we're associated with might learn. Our personal tragedy triggers something for another.

Why did my mother have to rot from Alzheimer's for years? She was a beautiful, warm soul. She did nothing to deserve this, but her illness impacted many other people. All of us in her immediate family derived many life lessons from this. We advanced as people and strengthened spiritually. We have a couple of nurses that learned some things from caring for her also. Her legacy is leaving behind a ripple impact for the better.

If you believe that we pick our destiny before we come down, kind of like a course catalog in college, part of that is that we choose some hardships we experience in addition to the blessings. We choose that for our own growth and sometimes to be a sacrifice for others, to help their soul's growth. Sacrificing perfects our soul also. Kind of like cosmic points. LOL

He's our Heavenly Father. As a parent, you know that sometimes your children have hard lessons in life to learn. It hurts some at the time, but they're better for it in the end. Like any parent, He makes sure we learn our hard lessons.

You ended up with your twins, so your prayers were answered. We don't always get the answers to our prayers in a direct route, or in a way that makes sense to us.

I'll tell you honestly, I'd much rather struggle here in this earth school and be able to have paradise for eternity.
Before we come down? Where is this paradise?
Before we're born, when our soul is just hanging around in Heaven.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Rosehawk wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:19 am Not my uterus, not my choice. I get to decide what is best for me, and every other woman gets to decide what is best for them. I may not always agree with someone else's decision, but it is theirs to make.
Yep!
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

31411DEC-31D7-4526-B8B7-DE026FEE8E54.jpeg
here’s a quote I love. I think you might like it too. If not, know I mean it in the best of intentions
Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:36 am There’s no such thing as proving something doesn’t exist. Logic 101. B05BF090-880F-410C-B109-E9DE1DA1FDB2.jpeg

Faith 101
Attachments
E0713CA5-B63C-4285-8F44-524450F63ECC.jpeg
E0713CA5-B63C-4285-8F44-524450F63ECC.jpeg (6.56 KiB) Viewed 43 times
8B197DB1-EED7-482D-8AC4-8102D3D8FE34.jpeg
DCD56EFA-78B2-49FB-A88C-3CE94F98CF52.jpeg
Locked Previous topicNext topic