I told DD if she doesnt go to school she will have to move out

Unread post

JustAnotherBroad wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:33 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:29 pm
JustAnotherBroad wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:28 pm

No, actually she doesn't. I AM an EMT. Actually, a paramedic now. But anyway. Neither my EMT course NOR my paramedic course required me to take an English or a Math class and taking one at a community college would have done nothing towards my license. Just a little FYI.
That is how it is where I live. No one cares about where you live. It isnt relevant.
Unless you don't live in the US I call bull shit. I don't believe any state requires an English class to be a cosmetologist or a CNA or an EMT.
Admission requires for EMT required college level math and english. They also require college level reading or passing a test. Same with CNA.
JustAnotherBroad

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:36 pm

That is how it is where I live. No one cares about where you live. It isnt relevant.
Unless you don't live in the US I call bull shit. I don't believe any state requires an English class to be a cosmetologist or a CNA or an EMT.
Admission requires for EMT required college level math and english. They also require college level reading or passing a test. Same with CNA.
Passing an entrance exam yes. Having a college credit taking a class? No. If your child can't pass an entrance exam to get into that sort of program without taking a college class...I question the level of education your high school provided.
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

That doesn't mean you have to take those classes. It means you are capable of understanding those classes. There is a difference.
What about construction, welding, electrician etc? None of those trades require college courses.
Do some research. Forcing kids into college or out on their own too soon essentially guarantees less success. But you do you.

Unread post

JustAnotherBroad wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:39 pm

Passing an entrance exam yes. Having a college credit taking a class? No. If your child can't pass an entrance exam to get into that sort of program without taking a college class...I question the level of education your high school provided.
I think I finally figured out how to post a picture.
Untitled.png

Unread post

sheramom4 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:47 pm

That doesn't mean you have to take those classes. It means you are capable of understanding those classes. There is a difference.
What about construction, welding, electrician etc? None of those trades require college courses.
Do some research. Forcing kids into college or out on their own too soon essentially guarantees less success. But you do you.
Untitled.png
JustAnotherBroad

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:57 pm

Untitled.png
What state are you in? I have never seen that requirement and I have been an EMT in 4 different states and a Paramedic in 3.

Unread post

I dont feel comfortable saying where I live. I am in the us in the south west.
JustAnotherBroad wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:00 pm

Untitled.png
What state are you in? I have never seen that requirement and I have been an EMT in 4 different states and a Paramedic in 3.
JustAnotherBroad

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:02 pm I dont feel comfortable saying where I live. I am in the us in the south west.

Untitled.png
Fair enough. But that is NOT a common requirement.

Unread post

JustAnotherBroad wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:03 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:02 pm I dont feel comfortable saying where I live. I am in the us in the south west.

Fair enough. But that is NOT a common requirement.
It is for all schools in the area. So like I originally said. If she truly doesnt know what she wants to do she can always take a math and english class online and work and live at home. That would give her at least 6 months to figure it out. After that she should at least be able to figure out some classes she wants to take. A few elective next semester could help direct her.

We are paying for her schooling 100% so if she wants to take a bunch of classes to feel around for what she likes that is okay. She just needs to be getting some sort of education if she wants to live at home.
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Untitled.png
Yes. That says assessment not course, which is what I said. Anyone who has a general high school diploma should be able to pass the assessment.
Locked Previous topicNext topic