hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

NYC is not the only district feeding students. Just so you know..l
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:13 pm
msgme wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:07 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:03 pm

Wasn't New Rochelle the first city in NY that was really found to be a heavy concentration and locked down?
Yeah they were like the first ones hit. When they went on lock down kids in nyc were still in school. My particular area had kids in school for over a week after public schools shut down. Had they shut down the city back when they shut down New Rochelle we would not be as bad as we are now.
Do you think this might prompt NYC to finally separate their schools from the feed-all-the-children-in-the-city program so that, in the future, schools can close when they need to?
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

hotspice58 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:40 pm NYC is not the only district feeding students. Just so you know..l

Yeah they were like the first ones hit. When they went on lock down kids in nyc were still in school. My particular area had kids in school for over a week after public schools shut down. Had they shut down the city back when they shut down New Rochelle we would not be as bad as we are now.
Do you think this might prompt NYC to finally separate their schools from the feed-all-the-children-in-the-city program so that, in the future, schools can close when they need to?
I don't know much about it outside of my general area. In my county, just outside of NY, children may qualify for free or reduced breakfast and lunch. In NYC, they have taken it beyond...all children in the entire city get free breakfast, lunch, and snack in school. The result is that the city had taken upon itself the role of feeding children and, as such, almost never close the schools.

Without going into my own libertarian views on such things, the unintended consequences of this is that the societal role of the schools here is no longer just to provide education, but also to provide meals and babysitting.

Hopefully this will prompt the city to create a separation between the roles and an alternative pathway to deliver these non-educational services, should they insist on continuing to do so.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

hotspice58 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:40 pm NYC is not the only district feeding students. Just so you know..l

Schools in all the boroughs are providing 3 meals a day for everyone now.....kids and adults.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com ... virus/amp/
Attachments
Screenshot_2020-04-04-17-10-49.png
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Northeast Louisiana. We've got about 90 cases in our Parish last I heard. A lot has shut down and our Walmart is supposedly starting to limit the amount of customers in the store on Monday. DH is a teacher and they've finally started the get some things figured out in the district. Shockingly, there still hasn't been an announcemnt canceling in person classes for the year. I think the governor is just waiting as long as possible to do it.
I'm much more worried about things south of us in the New Orleans area and our friends there. Especially the financial strain since NOLA is such a tourism-heavy city.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Many disappointed people
Attachments
FB_IMG_1586043895942.jpg
Deleted User 203

Unread post

We are in central AZ.

As of this evening, Arizona's total # of cases is 2,019 with 53 deaths. The number of deaths is up by 11 from yesterday.

The county I live in is the most populated county in the state and thus, has the most case of Covid 19 with 1,173 of that 2, 019.

We've been productive in doing what we can as a state, particularly in the past few days, and with a governor who is finally getting on the ball.

Here is one of the biggest stories about Arizona today and Covid 19--

https://www.azfamily.com/news/continuin ... 66fca.html

As well as THIS story:

https://www.azfamily.com/news/continuin ... 6fbae.html
Anonymous 13

Unread post

NM.

543 cases,
11 deaths.
Outbreak at a retirement community with 2 deaths there.
All the deaths included preexisting conditions.
225 of the cases are in the Abq area.
12 cases in my county.
Navajo Nation has 241 cases in less than a week.

Shelter in place state wide
Wear masks when going out state wide
Practice social distancing state wide.

My community closed to non residents.
One hour shopping for seniors at the market here.
Shelves are beginning to fill up.
No Corvid19 cases in the community.
We all just wish the out of state travelers would just go the f**k home.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

stilltfez wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:14 am I'm in NY but not the NYC end. We are pretty shut down, we can buy food but no malls, theaters, etc. I know a lot of people like to say this is all a media made hype but my family has lost a member and if someone who posts 'anon' is just trying to stir shit up by saying it's media made, not as bad as you think ,etc... you can go straight to hell in a big bag of rancid dicks.

My area has had deaths, we are home to several hospitals and a medical school. This shit is real.
Wow fez. I’m sorry for your loss.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I was in Suffolk (Long Island) for years. It’s bad there. I’m now in north Jersey. It’s getting there. But NYV and surrounding counties have it bad.
Locked Previous topicNext topic