Kids are going to be disappointed

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:13 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:50 pm I feel kind of bad, that everybody is picking on you wanting to buy beverages.

I didn't grow up in poverty, but we did not eat out at nice restaurants growing up. So eating at McDonald's or even Long John Silver's was a huge treat, and personally, as a child, I REALLY looked forward to the soda just as much as the food. We drank water at home, so soda was such a special thing. I would have been disappointed if I didn't get a soda, and almost would have wanted to wait to go, so I could have had beverage treat with my quarter-pounder with cheese, LOL.

I don't understand why that reflects so poorly upon you and your children to want to get a lemonade. People are being sort of mean, imo, and also making fun of your budget, not cool...
The issue is not the drinks. The issue is she said that she was going to order to go so she wouldn't have to buy drinks, but when it's suggested that she just doesn't get drinks she says "they like the lemonade, so that's not an option" after she promised them they could eat at the restaurant. Either way they aren't getting lemonade, so that's a nonsensical reason not to eat at the restaurant.
Sorry, I don't really understand. If part of the in store experience included the beverages, then it makes sense to me...for example, if I was literally going to enjoy my margarita, at my local tex-mex joint, so nice and cold and salted, and I don't have to make it -- but I couldn't get, I'd rather just eat at home, *shrugs*
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:12 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:19 pmKookoo, good luck.
This her post?
That would explain the piss poor planning.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:50 pm I feel kind of bad, that everybody is picking on you wanting to buy beverages.

I didn't grow up in poverty, but we did not eat out at nice restaurants growing up. So eating at McDonald's or even Long John Silver's was a huge treat, and personally, as a child, I REALLY looked forward to the soda just as much as the food. We drank water at home, so soda was such a special thing. I would have been disappointed if I didn't get a soda, and almost would have wanted to wait to go, so I could have had beverage treat with my quarter-pounder with cheese, LOL.

I don't understand why that reflects so poorly upon you and your children to want to get a lemonade. People are being sort of mean, imo, and also making fun of your budget, not cool...
Growing up, my parents took me out for dinner every two weeks on Friday evenings. Which was payday. I admit I always looked forward to it. Sometimes I'd stray and get something other than my usual. Which was a bacon cheeseburger, fries, side of ranch, and a sprite. Every once in awhile, I'd get a slice of cheesecake for desert. They didn't keep soda in the house. It was a thing only at home for the holidays. Ice cream at home was another big treat too.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:33 pm

The issue is not the drinks. The issue is she said that she was going to order to go so she wouldn't have to buy drinks, but when it's suggested that she just doesn't get drinks she says "they like the lemonade, so that's not an option" after she promised them they could eat at the restaurant. Either way they aren't getting lemonade, so that's a nonsensical reason not to eat at the restaurant.
Sorry, I don't really understand. If part of the in store experience included the beverages, then it makes sense to me...for example, if I was literally going to enjoy my margarita, at my local tex-mex joint, so nice and cold and salted, and I don't have to make it -- but I couldn't get, I'd rather just eat at home, *shrugs*
She promised her kids an eat in experience. They want to eat in. Her words, they are going to be disappointed that they don't. But she's not because of lemonade, that they aren't getting from take out anyway.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:11 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:05 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:01 pm

The fact that you use credit on non big ticket items would give me a hypothetical stroke
I pay the balance in full every month and earn lots of rewards points. It’s easier than carrying around a bunch of cash. How do you pay for groceries?
I use this nifty thing called a debit card. So I have it taken directly out of the bank account. No cash being carried required.
How is that different than using a credit card and paying the balance in full every month? I’m genuinely curious why you wouldn’t opt for the reward points you get on a credit card.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:41 pm

She promised her kids an eat in experience. They want to eat in. Her words, they are going to be disappointed that they don't. But she's not because of lemonade, that they aren't getting from take out anyway.
I can understand why a parent wouldn’t want to limit their child’s “experience.” I don’t even expect my 5 year old to order off the children’s menu if there is something on the adult menu that he would prefer, and we eat out at least weekly.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:50 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:11 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:05 pm

I pay the balance in full every month and earn lots of rewards points. It’s easier than carrying around a bunch of cash. How do you pay for groceries?
I use this nifty thing called a debit card. So I have it taken directly out of the bank account. No cash being carried required.
How is that different than using a credit card and paying the balance in full every month? I’m genuinely curious why you wouldn’t opt for the reward points you get on a credit card.
You asked how someone paid for groceries if they don't carry cash, or use a credit card. Which is why I mentioned the debit card. Not everyone has a credit card. I prefer to use my debit card. Also I don't do things that require me to get reward points for things like travel, etc.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:54 pm

I can understand why a parent wouldn’t want to limit their child’s “experience.” I don’t even expect my 5 year old to order off the children’s menu if there is something on the adult menu that he would prefer, and we eat out at least weekly.
The thing is, she's already limiting their experience. She promised them an eat in experience and is taking that away over lemonade. Either way they don't get lemonade and in this case, she taking away both the lemonade and the eat in experience that they wanted.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:21 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:54 pm

The thing is, she's already limiting their experience. She promised them an eat in experience and is taking that away over lemonade. Either way they don't get lemonade and in this case, she taking away both the lemonade and the eat in experience that they wanted.
It’s not a situation I’ve experienced, but I would definitely not want to tell my children that couldn’t order something in a restaurant simply because I couldn’t afford to pay for it.

Maybe try and find your empathy?
Anonymous 9

Unread post

bluebunnybabe wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:33 pm I’m sure there are lower priced items on the menu. Tell them before you go that everyone is having water.
Here everything on their menu is super pricey because people will pay it. Ironically the reviews for the place suck.
Locked Previous topicNext topic