I am not telling anyone that I won't be coming in for Christmas

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:22 pm He positively can.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:16 pm
Anonymous 10 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:15 pm There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. You are in the wrong. And I wouldn't be surprised if your employer either docks your pay for the bonus or places a stop payment on the bonus check.
It comes on a visa card so my boss can't do anything. I won't be going back.
What can he do?
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:21 pm One time, when I first got married & was working at a bank (located in the middle of no where), I got entirely snowed in. So, I called into work and told them that I could not even get out of my driveway. It's a good thing that I was dressed and ready for work, though, because about 20 minutes later, I heard a loud honking of a horn out front. It was the PRESIDENT OF THE BANK on a snowmobile...picking me up for work! Gotta love it! (I did appreciate his kindness. But I will say...I wasn't expecting it! lol)
highlandmum wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:28 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:24 pm You do you.

I personally would at least call in that morning, if nothing else just for my own peace of mind - so that I could know I was just done with it and didn't have to wait around for the boss to call me or worse show up on my doorstep. Call, done, move on.
What type of boss shows up on your doorstep? Call yes but come to your house?
We joked that my last boss would do that.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

lol
highlandmum wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:56 pm
Anonymous 10 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:21 pm One time, when I first got married & was working at a bank (located in the middle of no where), I got entirely snowed in. So, I called into work and told them that I could not even get out of my driveway. It's a good thing that I was dressed and ready for work, though, because about 20 minutes later, I heard a loud honking of a horn out front. It was the PRESIDENT OF THE BANK on a snowmobile...picking me up for work! Gotta love it! (I did appreciate his kindness. But I will say...I wasn't expecting it! lol)
highlandmum wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:28 pm

What type of boss shows up on your doorstep? Call yes but come to your house?
We joked that my last boss would do that.
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thats a pretty crappy thing to do, even if you hate your boss, if others are working they're going to have to pick up your slack. Accepting the bonus while knowing you plan to screw them over is pretty terrible of you.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:16 pm
Anonymous 10 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:15 pm There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. You are in the wrong. And I wouldn't be surprised if your employer either docks your pay for the bonus or places a stop payment on the bonus check.
It comes on a visa card so my boss can't do anything. I won't be going back.
You would be a fool to give it back
Anonymous 12

Unread post

People don't show up all the time and never get fired. You'll be fine.
Bubelah
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I'd be more pissed about Christmas Eve than working a few hours Christmas morning. If you don't have kids at home anymore, I don't understand the big deal.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Bubelah wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:26 pm I'd be more pissed about Christmas Eve than working a few hours Christmas morning. If you don't have kids at home anymore, I don't understand the big deal.
I want to spend Christmas with my family. To me it is a big deal.
Locked Previous topicNext topic