Helping family

MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:10 pm
mojogirl wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:37 am Doesn't the house belong to your boyfriend?
I've lived here for years now so legally I have some say even if it's just as a tenant
That's an interesting take on this. Do you pay rent? Do you have a lease? Not sure that you would have "rights" without those in place. Even if this is true, exactly how would you try and enforce the "legal rights" against your SO objection to bringing your family to stay in his house?
Anonymous 6

Unread post

The law disagrees with that. By law she isn't a guest.

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:00 am Disagree. She’s a guest.
Fullxbusymom wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:59 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:52 am It’s not her house, it’s her boyfriend’s.

She lives there, therefore it is her house as well. She can make decisions such as these just like he can.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:14 pm
mojogirl wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:37 am Doesn't the house belong to your boyfriend?
I've lived here for years now so legally I have some say even if it's just as a tenant
That's an interesting take on this. Do you pay rent? Do you have a lease? Not sure that you would have "rights" without those in place. Even if this is true, exactly how would you try and enforce the "legal rights" against your SO objection to bringing your family to stay in his house?
If you receive mail and have lived there more than 30 days you are considered a resident and by law you cant be kicked out without being evicted.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:54 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:36 am You need to get your SO onboard for this. I can’t believe the number of women that think it’s ok to do this if he objects, and I wonder how they would feel if their DHs let someone stay in their houses over their objections.
Why does one person overrule another? If my brother needed me, he’s my brother. Would come before any boyfriend or husband (Probably why I’m better off single)
I agree. My SO and his 2 siblings are not close because they were never taught to value family. Whenever they get around each other, they are talking major shit about the person who is not around them at the time. That would NEVER happen in my family.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't pay rent because the house was paid for in full so he's not paying a mortgage but I do receive my mail here. I'm not trying to enforce anything on him, I will simply convince him to let them stay and deal with his bitching until they leave.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:22 pm

If you receive mail and have lived there more than 30 days you are considered a resident and by law you cant be kicked out without being evicted.
Yup I recieve my mail here.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:24 pm
Bubbs wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:54 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:36 am You need to get your SO onboard for this. I can’t believe the number of women that think it’s ok to do this if he objects, and I wonder how they would feel if their DHs let someone stay in their houses over their objections.
Why does one person overrule another? If my brother needed me, he’s my brother. Would come before any boyfriend or husband (Probably why I’m better off single)
I agree. My SO and his 2 siblings are not close because they were never taught to value family. Whenever they get around each other, they are talking major shit about the person who is not around them at the time. That would NEVER happen in my family.
Nope not in my family, either. We (the 4 siblings) don’t say stuff behind backs that we wouldn’t say to faces. If I know for sure 3 people in this world that would do anything for me. It’s my 3 brothers & they know that about me. It’s what we do, help each other.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:57 am
RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:20 am
QuantumNursing wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:06 am

They dont know how much they make with their jobs? Thats the first question I ask when im offered a job. Your sugar daddy already said he didnt feel comfortable woth it. So the answer is no.
The answer isn't no if I don't want it to be no lol. it's the end of the month so most places aren't even renting until September first.
They should be accepting deposits and no. You dont get to tell someone who can stay in their home. You would be a shitty partner if you didnt listen to your so. 2 yes/1 no. And why are you telling lies about not using the upstairs...Isnt that where you hide in when the dog pisses and shits all over the floor instead of cleaning it up
I'm rarely up there is what I said.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I couldn’t make my ex leave, unless I evicted him. He wasn’t on the lease, but because he lived here for years. It was his legal residence. So even if he decided that she had to leave tomorrow, it’s not that easy.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:17 pm The law disagrees with that. By law she isn't a guest.

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:00 am Disagree. She’s a guest.
Fullxbusymom wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:59 am

She lives there, therefore it is her house as well. She can make decisions such as these just like he can.
She is technically a tenet but that doesnt give the sole right to say who can live in the home. That would be up to the owner (landlord) so he has every rigjt to say no and he should say no. Especially since Realistic Beauty already said that it would affect his mental health
Locked Previous topicNext topic