Debate this

Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Emmasmom wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:08 pm
MysticDreamer wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:39 am From an HR pov, he is creating a hostile work environment if a female co-worker feels offended or uncomfortable by something that may seem small to a lot of people. The solution to that is the man not shake hands with anybody.
She is the only creating the problem.
Actually they both are. And management is letting the issue fester, by not pulling the two together. The way I would handle it, is to tell the guy to not shake hands with nobody, so I won't have to visit the issue again.
AsstChief
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

He has the right to shake hands or not shake hands for his own reasons. He doesn't have to explain or justify it to anyone.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So why does HE have to make any changes to his behavior? He’s not the one doing anything wrong. SHE is by being ignorant and intolerant. Why not tell that woman to have some sensitivity training and educate herself about different religious beliefs before feeling like an entitled jerk?
MysticDreamer wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:19 pm
MysticDreamer wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:39 am From an HR pov, he is creating a hostile work environment if a female co-worker feels offended or uncomfortable by something that may seem small to a lot of people. The solution to that is the man not shake hands with anybody.
Actually they both are. And management is letting the issue fester, by not pulling the two together. The way I would handle it, is to tell the guy to not shake hands with nobody, so I won't have to visit the issue again.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Tell the guy not to shake hands with nobody? Double negative so what you really mean is he has to shake hands with everyone. I hope you don't talk like that in your professional. It makes you sound uneducated.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Actually she is. She is throwing a fit over his religious belief. Why shouldn't she have to go through sensitivity training?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Exactly. Telling the guy to change his behavior is telling him that this ignorant woman is right and his religious beliefs are wrong. She’s not right, she’s the one in the wrong here and by telling the guy to behave differently is telling her that it’s OK to be ignorant and intolerant.
Emmasmom wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:01 am

Actually she is. She is throwing a fit over his religious belief. Why shouldn't she have to go through sensitivity training?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Since he is singling out women it is discriminatory. He shouldn't shake hands with anyone.

I know several muslim men and all shake hands with women in the work place.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oliviasmom72 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:01 pm Since he is singling out women it is discriminatory. He shouldn't shake hands with anyone.

No one said his religon was Muslim. The man has the right to Freedom of Religion.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

As with every religion, there are degrees of observance. Observant Jews don’t touch people of the opposite S*x outside immediate family. Reform Jews do. They both have a right to freedom of religion. As an observant Jew myself, I don’t touch men that aren’t close family members. That’s not “discrimination”.
It’s not that hard to tolerate religious differences and respect them. At least, it shouldn’t be hard. I guess some people just work extra hard at being offended.
Oliviasmom72 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:01 pm Since he is singling out women it is discriminatory. He shouldn't shake hands with anyone.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Spunky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Its his religious belief. End of story.
Locked Previous topicNext topic