There is no way I'm attending this campout

SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:40 am
SisterSomeone wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:28 am
Bubbs wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:05 pm

I'm so glad I am not alone. I made a camping post on CM and people went crazy on me because I wouldn't go. I wouldn't take my kids.
Someone went off on me in that same post because I wouldn't go camping with my kid, so he doesn't have a memory of camping with his mom. Like, I'm not even stopping him from going camping if he wants, lol. He doesn't, for the record, he doesn't even like the stupid thing, but he knows that because he's been F***ing camping. He went with his uncle, with his stepfather, and with his friends, I just didn't want to participate, and people jumped at my throat for depriving him of that. :lol:
I was unaware that you needed memories of camping with your mother. Clearly that's what I've been missing all my life! LOL

I was raised by a woman that hated heat, would get a rash from the sun, and you couldn't touch her when she was prespiring. Camping was never even brought up in my house. I assure you, I grew up just fine.

What a foolish thing to say! Good grief.
So was I, until the kind people of CM enlightened me. :lol:

To avoid getting really dark here, let's just say I have deeply seated issues with tents and trailers. That type of accommodation brings back certain childhood memories I do not care to dig up and there just isn't any amount of money I could be paid to even consider camping as fun.

I am also irrationally terrified of projecting my issues onto my son and depriving him of something he might enjoy for himself just because I hate it so deeply, so I probably went too far in the other direction, LOL. I inflicted so many hikes, outdoor activities, camping trips in various organization, boy scouts, etc, on that poor kid. He put up with it for like two years before he confessed that he secretly really hates camping and only does it because I want him to.

Alas, as it turns out, we're indoor people, lol. Our idea of enjoying nature are the super manicured trails in Runyon and Griffith Park, and we're that much better for being honest about it.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I despise camping. Why spend money and time pretending to be homeless?
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SisterSomeone wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:28 am
Bubbs wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:05 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:04 pm My idea of camping is staying at a Marriott. f**k that!!
I'm so glad I am not alone. I made a camping post on CM and people went crazy on me because I wouldn't go. I wouldn't take my kids.
Someone went off on me in that same post because I wouldn't go camping with my kid, so he doesn't have a memory of camping with his mom. Like, I'm not even stopping him from going camping if he wants, lol. He doesn't, for the record, he doesn't even like the stupid thing, but he knows that because he's been F***ing camping. He went with his uncle, with his stepfather, and with his friends, I just didn't want to participate, and people jumped at my throat for depriving him of that. :lol:
I didn’t know camping memories were a childhood requirement. LOL
IF my kids wanted to go, they could. I guess. I can’t imagine them wanting too.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yeah, that's a hard no from me.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

cellomom26 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:53 am I despise camping. Why spend money and time pretending to be homeless?
I enjoy camping as a general rule but this is just too far for me. Give me a shovel in the woods and I'll make it work but a bucket in the tent is not happening.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:52 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:07 pm I don't understand how this is a "Campout" if it's at someone's house. Do they live in the back woods of nowhere? Call it what it is a F***ing drunk fest BBQ or whatever because honestly there's no other reason people would "Camp" at someone's house other than they plan to get shitfaced, in which case shitting in buckets is the least of your concerns.
We have done this many times. We have a bunch of our friends for long weekends and everyone camps out. It isn't about drinking getting drunk it is about camping out, spending time with friends and having a great time without spending the money for a campground.
Regardless of what YOU call it. This is not a "Camp-out" or camping in any form. Camping is done in the woods or wilderness, AWAY from other people.Camping is not just a bunch of schmucks sleeping in tents in someone's backyard.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:56 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:07 pm I don't understand how this is a "Campout" if it's at someone's house. Do they live in the back woods of nowhere? Call it what it is a F***ing drunk fest BBQ or whatever because honestly there's no other reason people would "Camp" at someone's house other than they plan to get shitfaced, in which case shitting in buckets is the least of your concerns.
We have done this many times. We have a bunch of our friends for long weekends and everyone camps out. It isn't about drinking getting drunk it is about camping out, spending time with friends and having a great time without spending the money for a campground.
Regardless of what YOU call it. This is not a "Camp-out" or camping in any form. Camping is done in the woods or wilderness, AWAY from other people.Camping is not just a bunch of schmucks sleeping in tents in someone's backyard.
It is camping. I have gone to many campgrounds that are not in the woods and have done it with many people so yes, camping is very much near other people in tents, campers etc.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I can understand a bunch of kids doing it, but it seems odd for adults. I'm no sure why I'd want to camp in a friend's backyard.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I live in a rural area. The only people there will be the ones invited. Theres plenty of space to be away from others.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I've done camping out in the middle of nowhere where the only elimination facilities had leaves on them. I'm fine with squatting behind a bush if that's the only option. Even for number 2.

But going in a bucket kept in our tent where we sleep?!?!? Who the f**k thinks that's a good idea?!?!? I'll go find a bush thank you but there will NOT be an elimination bucket in my tent. GROSS. AS. f**k.
Locked Previous topicNext topic