Do you feel people who pay child support

carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:34 am
LuckyEightWow wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:51 pm Assuming you contribute equally a month, between the two of you that would be $600 a month for one child. In general no child costs that much.

Should a parent go the extra mile? At the very least they should want to.
How is someone this stupid?
If you don't count food, shelter, utilities, the basic needs for a child don't cost that much, IMO. Just counting clothes, toys, and misc extra fun things I certainly am not spending $600 a month and I have 2 kids. Add in the grocery bill for both of them (and this is buying formula too) I don't even spend that amount.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:39 am
LuckyEightWow wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:51 pm Assuming you contribute equally a month, between the two of you that would be $600 a month for one child. In general no child costs that much.

If you don't count food, shelter, utilities, the basic needs for a child don't cost that much, IMO. Just counting clothes, toys, and misc extra fun things I certainly am not spending $600 a month and I have 2 kids. Add in the grocery bill for both of them (and this is buying formula too) I don't even spend that amount.
But child support is there to help pay bills like rent, utulites, food and basic needs of the child
Anonymous 4

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:39 am

My kids cost that much not including those things anyway. You are basing this off tour crap paycheck to paycheck life. That is not the norm for everyone
JoJo728
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:28 pm
JoJo728 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:04 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:40 pm I dont think child support should be a thing tbh
Why? Don’t you think both parents should be responsible for the life they create?
I feel like if you choose to raise a child you should support them.
What if a couple chooses to have a child while married and then divorces. What then? They both chose to have a child. Therefore they are both financially responsible. A parent doesn't just get to walk away.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:24 am
Anonymous 9 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:19 am
Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:26 pm

I think if you choose to create a child you're obligated to support it.
Men often don't choose to create a child. The woman has all the say in whether she births it and keeps it or aborts it.
What? Men can choose whether or not they want to create a child. Condoms anyone?
Condoms break and are only 87% effective.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:28 pm

I feel like if you choose to raise a child you should support them.

Men often don't choose to create a child. The woman has all the say in whether she births it and keeps it or aborts it.

Men know there's a possibility of pregnancy when they have S*x. They shouldn't be having S*x if they're not willing to accept responsibility.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:07 am

Men know there's a possibility of pregnancy when they have S*x. They shouldn't be having S*x if they're not willing to accept responsibility.
The same came be said for women it's funny how when a woman gets pregnant and they didn't want to it's oh poor you and not her fault but when a man does it's he knew that could happen so he shouldn't have had S*x if he didn't want one.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

same could be said to women. And that includes the responsibility of paying for the child they chose to have themselves 100%
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don't think he should have to pay half. Child support is based on what he makes. It's not based on how much you think he should pay. He pays what the judge thinks he can afford. That's the end of it. If your kid wants to do extras, and you can't afford it, then you need to tell him he can't do it. The child support is to pay for things the child needs, why are you comparing it to your rent? Why doesn't he see your son? Is it his choice, or yours?

If you want my honest opinion, I don't think child support should be a thing. Each parent should have the child, 50/50 unless one has been deemed unfit. And each parent should pay for expenses when they have the child. $300 a month may be a lot of money for your ex to pay. He might not make that much. You asking him to pay more shouldn't even go to court. It's not like it's medical insurance or something. It's an activity your son WANTS to do, not something he NEEDS to do. There's a difference.

Deleted User 638

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:13 am

same could be said to women. And that includes the responsibility of paying for the child they chose to have themselves 100%

It takes two people to make a baby. Both are equally responsible. Men know what can happen when they have S*x. They know a woman can become pregnant. It doesn't matter if having the baby is ultimately the woman's choice. The man still has responsibilities.
Locked Previous topicNext topic