Extremists spreading lies about west coast fires

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:37 pm
Lemons wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:57 pm There is no discussing issues with extremists. There are no disputes between the FBI and local police forces in the northwest. They are all clear that there is no evidence that wild fires are being set by left wing or right wing groups. But extremists and their conspiracy theories can’t even discuss the issue rationally.
Gee, you're finally right about something. There is no discussing issues with hate filled, big mouth extremists, such as yourself.
That was exactly my thought when I read that.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:12 pm So sad that people have lost their lives, family members, and everything they own - whole communities gone and forests destroyed. And people here and on other Social Media sites want to use this to promote a political hoax. Truly makes me fear for the future of America when I see this.

Our climate is at a dangerous and unhealthy point where our current actions can no longer tamp down disasters. Not just on the West Coast but with droughts, floods and sea level rise. How can people have so little concern for their country and citizens.
And it’s not enough that every law enforcement agency has debunked the conspiracy theories that antifa is starting fires. That law enforcement is on social media begging people not to continue to spread the rumors because it’s causing them problems. No, the extremists can’t help themselves, truly disturbing.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:00 pm
Lemons wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:57 pm There is no discussing issues with extremists. There are no disputes between the FBI and local police forces in the northwest. They are all clear that there is no evidence that wild fires are being set by left wing or right wing groups. But extremists and their conspiracy theories can’t even discuss the issue rationally.
Gee, you're finally right about something. There is no discussing issues with hate filled, big mouth extremists, such as yourself.
Again! You’re such an inspiration, full of thought provoking ideas and opinions.

Only another extremist would see a post about extremists making it hard for law enforcement to do their jobs by spreading lies as “hate filled”. But you do prove my point about the extremists being unable to articulate an intelligent response and unable to discuss the issue rationally. Thank you for that.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:08 pm
Carpy wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:00 pm

Again! You’re such an inspiration, full of thought provoking ideas and opinions.

Only another extremist would see a post about extremists making it hard for law enforcement to do their jobs by spreading lies as “hate filled”. But you do prove my point about the extremists being unable to articulate an intelligent response and unable to discuss the issue rationally. Thank you for that.
You're on a roll here. Twice in one post you've described yourself to a T. LMAO
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:07 pm Honestly these types should have to watch their houses burn. It's disrespectful to anyone who's seen their house burn or see someone die. And I hope they will have to answer to someone if not God about breaking that commandant about bearing false witness.
How dare you!?! I was evacuated from my home due to fires in one of the areas mentioned above. Never once did I, or my neighbors, mention antifa, but you can damn sure bet we were worried about looters and people starting fires. I couldn't care less what *group* or individual is doing it, but we know these things were happening. We saw it with our own eyes! So, I should have to watch my house burn because I was worried and commented about it? That is some sick and twisted shit right there...

People were arrested for looting and arson around these fires. Should not matter if they are with a group (left or right), they need to be held responsible...
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

sarah824 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:09 pm
Pjmm wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:07 pm Honestly these types should have to watch their houses burn. It's disrespectful to anyone who's seen their house burn or see someone die. And I hope they will have to answer to someone if not God about breaking that commandant about bearing false witness.
How dare you!?! I was evacuated from my home due to fires in one of the areas mentioned above. Never once did I, or my neighbors, mention antifa, but you can damn sure bet we were worried about looters and people starting fires. I couldn't care less what *group* or individual is doing it, but we know these things were happening. We saw it with our own eyes! So, I should have to watch my house burn because I was worried and commented about it? That is some sick and twisted shit right there...

People were arrested for looting and arson around these fires. Should not matter if they are with a group (left or right), they need to be held responsible...
The problem law enforcement had with the false stories and conspiracy theories is that it made their jobs more difficult. When there is a fire started or a looter spotted, the police needs to be called and they need to respond right away.

Because people were believing that antifa was coming their way they weren’t evacuating when mandated, putting themselves at more risk. The rumors brought out right wing extremists with their shotguns creating more chaos. And people were flooding the 911 operators and police stations with questions on these rumors. The police and operators had to waste valuable time explaining they were debunked or they had to chase down these rumors. Again wasting valuable time.

The point of the story was police were asking people to stop spreading debunked rumors that were keeping them from doing their jobs. I hope everyone was able to respect the police request.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:23 pm

The problem law enforcement had with the false stories and conspiracy theories is that it made their jobs more difficult. When there is a fire started or a looter spotted, the police needs to be called and they need to respond right away.

Because people were believing that antifa was coming their way they weren’t evacuating when mandated, putting themselves at more risk. The rumors brought out right wing extremists with their shotguns creating more chaos. And people were flooding the 911 operators and police stations with questions on these rumors. The police and operators had to waste valuable time explaining they were debunked or they had to chase down these rumors. Again wasting valuable time.

The point of the story was police were asking people to stop spreading debunked rumors that were keeping them from doing their jobs. I hope everyone was able to respect the police request.
You are not getting it!! I don't care if it is antifa or my great aunt Judy... If I see a looter or someone starting a fire in my area that is already at risk for burning then you can bet your ass I am going to call the cops as did anyone else in our area! 90% of my town evacuated when told, the few that stayed were told by police/fire that they were on their own so while they were at a higher risk, they were not using resources. Marks were made on the sidewalks & roadways when people left or stayed.

The assholes that were looting and starting fires are the ones that were wasting valuable time & resources! Again, does not matter WHO they are...
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Perhaps you misunderstand. I'm speaking of extremists who weren't affected by these fires that wish to do nothing more than cause greater harm by spreading rumors and lies. They couldn't care less about you. They get off on blaming a terrorist group. Of course there are looters and arsonists. Of Course i want to see their butts in jail hopefully for the rest of their miserable lives. But from what i understand the fires were worsened by drought, climate change, and in the case of that gender reveal party, human stupidity. In my mind to blame antifa when there's no evidence of that is disrespectful to those who suffered, as you are. I'm sorry it happened to you. I'd be worried of looters too. It wasn't my intent to make light of your situation.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

sarah824 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:32 pm

You are not getting it!! I don't care if it is antifa or my great aunt Judy... If I see a looter or someone starting a fire in my area that is already at risk for burning then you can bet your ass I am going to call the cops as did anyone else in our area! 90% of my town evacuated when told, the few that stayed were told by police/fire that they were on their own so while they were at a higher risk, they were not using resources. Marks were made on the sidewalks & roadways when people left or stayed.

The assholes that were looting and starting fires are the ones that were wasting valuable time & resources! Again, does not matter WHO they are...
I understand that it doesn’t matter to you. Looting is looting. But in the bigger picture, it matters. Why else do you think people lied about it. And these people weren’t talking about the actual looting, they were telling everyone that antifa was coming for them. Not true.

There will always be those type of people that take advantage of others tragedy. But the Oregon papers are reporting that widespread rumors of massive looting are not true. They are reporting that “false antifa rumors waste precious time”.

I guess you’ll have to ask the police to explain the differences and why they matter.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:45 pm
sarah824 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:32 pm

I understand that it doesn’t matter to you. Looting is looting. But in the bigger picture, it matters. Why else do you think people lied about it. And these people weren’t talking about the actual looting, they were telling everyone that antifa was coming for them. Not true. Nope! Never saw this one time in my area!! Only info about actual looters!

There will always be those type of people that take advantage of others tragedy. But the Oregon papers are reporting that widespread rumors of massive looting are not true. I don't believe OR media for shit. They protect the bad guys. They are the same group who wants you to believe that the riots in downtown Portland were peaceful protest! We had looting in our area and I am not relying on the paper in Portland to address it correctly. They are reporting that “false antifa rumors waste precious time”.

I guess you’ll have to ask the police to explain the differences and why they matter.

The cops in my town were patrolling neighborhoods nightly. Just driving through to make sure all was good. Our county set a curfew in evacuated areas. If there was nothing going on then why was any of this necessary? Maybe in some towns or areas there wasn't an issue, but I am certain it was an issue in our town.
Locked Previous topicNext topic