My sister is stupid.....

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:49 am
PoplarGrove wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:55 am
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:44 am Then stay home and hide with your mask on while the rest of us get back to living.
And dying. And possibly killing.
Believe it or not, people die every day of something although you'd never know it to listen to the media. People died every day before this bullshit and they'll continue to die.
The hell you say! No one EVER got sick with anything before two months ago! And we've got to remain locked in our houses until we have a hurriedly put together VACCINE that's had limited human trials for a very short period of time. We must eradicate this virus completely! Only THEN can we come out of our homes and life will return to normal!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:44 am Then stay home and hide with your mask on while the rest of us get back to living.
Believe it or not, people die every day of something although you'd never know it to listen to the media. People died every day before this bullshit and they'll continue to die.
They do. But there are preventable deaths and unpreventable deaths. A person contracting this particular virus (and dying) because people won't do what needs to be done to prevent transmission would be classified in the preventable death category.

People die in vehicle accidents every day yet I bet you still wear a seatbelt.

There's living and then there's being reckless and stupid. Going to a party with no social distancing when we still don't have a handle on this things is both reckless and stupid.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:13 am

The hell you say! No one EVER got sick with anything before two months ago! And we've got to remain locked in our houses until we have a hurriedly put together VACCINE that's had limited human trials for a very short period of time. We must eradicate this virus completely! Only THEN can we come out of our homes and life will return to normal!
Here's the thing and I'm going to make it personal because it is for me. I work in a business that is considered essential. The program I use makes it impossible for me to work from home. If I tell my employer that I refuse to work I'll lose my job and be ineligible for any government help. I'm a single mother so my income is all we've got. My 14 year old daugher has a condition that's called dystonia. Hers affects from her throat down to her diaphram. If she catches this virus and it is worse than a cold she has a much higher chance of having to be put on a ventilator. If you look at the statistics on how many people come off ventilators alive they aren't good.

If one of our customers decides to go to a party with no social distancing and then comes into the building this becomes about more than them and their stupidity. They have now put my child at risk. I stay in my office, I wash my hands religiously, I take my clothes off in our garage and have a shower before seeing any member of my family every day when I get home from work because I know that there is always a chance someone has brought it into the building.

Common human kindness isn't a huge thing to ask of people when it comes to a virus that can kill healthy people. Hell, common human kindness of not going out when you're sick in general would be nice. Or maybe it is and that's why the human race, as a whole, deserves this virus.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Here's what I think.

As long as she doesn't give you a hard time about NOT attending, I wouldn't worry about it. I would only take issue if she started making fun of me for opting out.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:08 am
stilltfez wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:37 pm Do as you did before the Covid swept the nation: think through each event, weigh what you feel are risks and what you feel are not, then decide. Just because a govt' leader says we can start merging back into our lives doesn't mean common sense isn't still an option.
The government campaign has been successful in asserting control over the citizenry. A certain segment of the population has forgotten that we have the ability to make our own choices and decisions. This post is evidence of that. They're waiting for the government to tell them what to do and dictate their every move.
I pay attention to my government when they issue warnings, then I decide if I want to continue on or heed their warnings. So far, I've been able to follow them as they'd have been what I deemed safe anyway.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:50 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:13 am

Here's the thing and I'm going to make it personal because it is for me. I work in a business that is considered essential. The program I use makes it impossible for me to work from home. If I tell my employer that I refuse to work I'll lose my job and be ineligible for any government help. I'm a single mother so my income is all we've got. My 14 year old daugher has a condition that's called dystonia. Hers affects from her throat down to her diaphram. If she catches this virus and it is worse than a cold she has a much higher chance of having to be put on a ventilator. If you look at the statistics on how many people come off ventilators alive they aren't good.

If one of our customers decides to go to a party with no social distancing and then comes into the building this becomes about more than them and their stupidity. They have now put my child at risk. I stay in my office, I wash my hands religiously, I take my clothes off in our garage and have a shower before seeing any member of my family every day when I get home from work because I know that there is always a chance someone has brought it into the building.

Common human kindness isn't a huge thing to ask of people when it comes to a virus that can kill healthy people. Hell, common human kindness of not going out when you're sick in general would be nice. Or maybe it is and that's why the human race, as a whole, deserves this virus.

I've been looking at the data on the vents. From what I've seen they actually cause more damage. It's extra frightening also since people aren't allowed to have anyone with them to advocate on their behalf.

I agree 100% on the human kindness Poplar. That's how things always should have been, especially during flu season. Exercise caution. Wash your hands. Don't touch your face or rub your eyes. Don't cough in your hand and touch things. And for the love of all that is holy, don't be a douche and go out spreading your crud of you're sick.

Simple consideration seems to escape most. I don't know why it took something like this to get people to think about this.

I hope your family and especially your little lady remain healthy Poplar. ❤
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Keep that stupidity in your fucked up family
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:08 am
stilltfez wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:37 pm Do as you did before the Covid swept the nation: think through each event, weigh what you feel are risks and what you feel are not, then decide. Just because a govt' leader says we can start merging back into our lives doesn't mean common sense isn't still an option.
The government campaign has been successful in asserting control over the citizenry. A certain segment of the population has forgotten that we have the ability to make our own choices and decisions. This post is evidence of that. They're waiting for the government to tell them what to do and dictate their every move.
To what end? Whose government?
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Nobody is telling you that you have to go out. That's your choice. Those going to her party, that's their choice too. Nothing to do with you.

Locked Previous topicNext topic