Regent
Regent

Unread post

I see nothing wrong with this.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:20 am I'd tell him that the reason you don't want to date is religious differences that you think could get in the way of your relationship ever developing into anything meaninful. The poor guy is probably wondering what the hell he did wrong or what's wrong with him.
No ... because then he'll be really lobbying for the whole "no it won't, it'll be fine" defense. He'll keep trying, he'll downplay the importance of his faith for a time, but it will come back up. According to the OP he's into her, so he'll just try to talk her out of her objection if she discusses it. Faith is a fundamental part of someone's make up and it won't remain hidden forever. Better to cut it off now, as this would just be a waste of time.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:19 am
madfoodie wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:37 am I pray before eating. I guess I'm doomed to a lonely life.
But do you grab the other person's hands and make them pray with you? That's the real question. I've been on dates with men who have prayed before they ate but never make me pray as well. They either just do it quietly or asked if I minded. Ironically, when I told them I was pagan I was ghosted, lol.
LOL
I don't know why Christians lose their minds over paganism. I'm Christian and I've learned about paganism, participated in some rituals, etc. It cracks me up ... Like they're afraid they're going to hell or something!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
MissFoxyMulder
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Except it does. Being an adult is occasionally uncomfortable. A lot of you young girls were raised by young, immature mothers and basic dating etiquette wasn’t taught to you. It doesn’t hurt you in any way to just be honest to the guy. It might be what he needs to think about and take into his next relationship. I have sons (and a daughter) and I would hope if they went on a date and the girl didn’t like something about them, that she would have enough class, couth, and maturity to explain why...instead of ghosting. Your mother failed you in your raising. She didn’t teach you to be honest and kind...

Guest wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:05 am
MissFoxyMulder wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:29 pm Of course your have a right to your feelings and shouldn’t proceed if you’re not comfortable. That being said, be a mature adult and explain your reasoning. It’ll help him in the future.
Saying no to another date without explanation doesn't make me immature. It isn't my job to tell him what went wrong.

Unread post

I disagree. I dont expect anyone to tell me why they dont want a second date with me. That is just weird.

You are assuming I am young. That makes you look like an idiot. I am older than most on here and I know what I do and dont want in life an in a relationship.

It has NEVER been basic dating etiquette to tell someone why you dont want a second date. I didnt ghost him. I told him no to a second date. You clearly dont know what ghosting is.
MissFoxyMulder wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:35 am Except it does. Being an adult is occasionally uncomfortable. A lot of you young girls were raised by young, immature mothers and basic dating etiquette wasn’t taught to you. It doesn’t hurt you in any way to just be honest to the guy. It might be what he needs to think about and take into his next relationship. I have sons (and a daughter) and I would hope if they went on a date and the girl didn’t like something about them, that she would have enough class, couth, and maturity to explain why...instead of ghosting. Your mother failed you in your raising. She didn’t teach you to be honest and kind...

MissFoxyMulder wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:29 pm Of course your have a right to your feelings and shouldn’t proceed if you’re not comfortable. That being said, be a mature adult and explain your reasoning. It’ll help him in the future.
Saying no to another date without explanation doesn't make me immature. It isn't my job to tell him what went wrong.
whatdidshesay?

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:44 am I disagree. I dont expect anyone to tell me why they dont want a second date with me. That is just weird.

You are assuming I am young. That makes you look like an idiot. I am older than most on here and I know what I do and dont want in life an in a relationship.

It has NEVER been basic dating etiquette to tell someone why you dont want a second date. I didnt ghost him. I told him no to a second date. You clearly dont know what ghosting is.
MissFoxyMulder wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:35 am Except it does. Being an adult is occasionally uncomfortable. A lot of you young girls were raised by young, immature mothers and basic dating etiquette wasn’t taught to you. It doesn’t hurt you in any way to just be honest to the guy. It might be what he needs to think about and take into his next relationship. I have sons (and a daughter) and I would hope if they went on a date and the girl didn’t like something about them, that she would have enough class, couth, and maturity to explain why...instead of ghosting. Your mother failed you in your raising. She didn’t teach you to be honest and kind...

I am with you. You are under no obligation to tell him why you declined a second date.
Directly telling the person no, is in no way, ghosting them.
IDKWTF she's yammering on about. :?
Shadowgirl1123

Unread post

I can see why you wouldn’t want to, but you should at least give him a reason.

I’m non denominational, I believe religion is a man-made set of societal rules that founded civilized culture (although sometimes not so civil in religious wars and purges). I enjoy learning about cultures and religions and encourage others to do the same and take part where their faith exists or doesn’t exist.

What would’ve turned me off is he grabbed your hand and expected you to pray rather then asking you to pray with him. I don’t pray at meals, but have never turned down being asked to pray over a meal, and wouldn’t have been offended at that. To me that’s presumptive and controlling.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So be it...
Iffrinn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:14 am It was inappropriate to grab your hands when he prayed but your responses scream that he is the one who dodged a bullet. You won't even tell him why you're not interested in a second date. A person who can't have this conversation is not mature enough to date.
Yes. This. Exactly This.
LeahThoughts
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

I get it. I understand where you're coming from.
Locked Previous topicNext topic