WWYD if the pill thieves were YOUR kids?? Poll

If your kid committed a felony at the ages of 10-13. What would you do?

Try to teach them with love
17%
Call the cops myself within reason (plz explain)
6%
Nothing
No votes
Call the cops and let it play out
33%
Other (answered in comments)
44%

Total votes: 48
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AubreeGrace17 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:35 pm I'd call the cops. It sounds terrible, but sometimes if you catch them young they can learn before they are an adult and develop bad habits.
This. An acquaintance of mine has a 14 year old son. He had to go to an alternative school for kids with behavior problems and appear in juvenile court. It's so sad, but I'm hoping this things are a wake up call for him and his family. In a few more years, the consequences get much more serious.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AubreeGrace17 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:35 pm I'd call the cops. It sounds terrible, but sometimes if you catch them young they can learn before they are an adult and develop bad habits.
This. An acquaintance of mine has a 14 year old son. He had to go to an alternative school for kids with behavior problems and appear in juvenile court. It's so sad, but I'm hoping this things are a wake up call for him and his family. In a few more years, the consequences get much more serious.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I got the same impression that you did.
Pjmm wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:19 pm
Momo3Queen2HerKing wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:17 pm
Pjmm wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:57 pm They stole pills from my father right? I think if they knew I found out they might take their chances with the police. Between their grandmother and me they might as well start running and never look back. But those kids had no role models, their parents were drug addicts. So if my kids sunk low enough to steal pain pills from their grandfather at the age of 10 we've failed miserably.
Neither BM has/had a drug problem that I'm aware of. HER BM is in prison for other reasons that I'd like to not get into.
I thought the kids had some horrendous home life. If I'm wrong I'm sorry.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

I'd confiscate, then I'd take their little drug dealing asses to meet some of the real dealers I know that are locked up in prison and let them put the fear of God into them

Unread post

SeekingPeace wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:30 pm I got the same impression that you did.

Neither BM has/had a drug problem that I'm aware of. HER BM is in prison for other reasons that I'd like to not get into.
Probably because 10 and 13 year olds from good homes don't just up and start stealing drugs from their grandparents all of a sudden with no prior history. The 10 year old is also having some sort of therapy session in house, although that could be physical therapy, it didn't say. But I certainly got the impression that the kids have been spiraling for some time.
Momo3Queen2HerKing
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

SeekingPeace wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:15 pm 1. A meth smoking person should not be residing in the same house as a Grandpa who has heavy drugs in his medicine cabinet.

2. No children should be residing with a meth smoking dad.

3. A step mother who knows her husband is smoking meth should remove herself and all kids from his company.

4. Any mother who let her child reside in these conditions (in a house with a meth smoker) shouldn't have custody of a child.

5. Any person who knew of any of these happenings and did not report it to CPS should feel a bit responsible for what has happened here.

If it can be proven that these kids did steal these drugs, they should be in counseling.
Honestly, with their home life being as it is, it should be of no shock (to any of the immediate family members and friends) that these kids did what they did. The kids may have stolen the pills...but all the adults (who were aware of how these kids were being raised and did nothing about it) are the TRUE failures.
Nobody believed ME that he used meth. He didn't smoke it though and that's why they didn't believe me. He snorted it. Which from some online research, I've found out that some people who snort it will still function as normal. They use a smaller amount to get the same high that would take more to smoke. If that makes sense, I'm really tired.

So he ate and drank and slept as normal. He also "has a gut" as my family would use as their "prove" he wasn't a user.

CPS was who GAVE him custody of his DD. He failed ONE UA and explained it away with allergies and OTC meds for it. CPS was constantly in their lives for almost a year while he was getting custody and a few times since then bc of the DD's lies to school staff and friends of my sister's of abuse both sexual and physical on her and physical abuse of my sister's then 18mo.

I was THERE when cps showed up. The CPS investigator told the DD she KNEW she was lying and wanted to know WHY. The DD said that she WAS actually lying and bc she wanted BD to be with BM even tho she's in jail. I even talked to the woman and told her that I'd caught him snorting it. She asked how I knew what it was and why did I think meth instead of coke. I told her bc it looked chunky and clear and I assumed coke was a white powder.

She asked my sister and my parents and the DD if they suspected drug use. They all said no. So nothing happened about it and the case was closed.

The cops told my dad that they didn't need any evidence bc they confessed to doing it. Also BECAUSE it's going through the court system here, IF convicted they will be ORDERED to do counseling or a more intense therapy for the DD bc she's already IN counseling and it's a joke. I mean they talk with just anyone around. I've been at my parents when the counselor came by and they sat on the couch with us watching tv and talked. My dad had to ask THEM to go outside bc he was trying to hear the tv.
If life has you down, make a change in your life. As life is too short to be unhappy even for a minute!
Momo3Queen2HerKing
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:57 pm They stole pills from my father right? I think if they knew I found out they might take their chances with the police. Between their grandmother and me they might as well start running and never look back. But those kids had no role models, their parents were drug addicts. So if my kids sunk low enough to steal pain pills from their grandfather at the age of 10 we've failed miserably.
The girl DID while living with BM. She was placed in kinship care and BD should have NEVER EVER even tried to get custody of her much less GIVEN custody.

Idk about the boys home life so I can't comment.

I can say at present time, neither has the best but they also don't have the worst. Much less horrendous. Just not great. No stability for the girl since being with BD.
If life has you down, make a change in your life. As life is too short to be unhappy even for a minute!
Momo3Queen2HerKing
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

SeekingPeace wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:25 pm At any given time, did any of the kids live with the meth smoking dad?
At any given time did the meth smoking dad reside at Grandpa's house?
If I'm confusing the facts, please accept my apology.

All I know is this...None of these kids should be residing with a meth smoker and if they ever did, I don't think these kids ever had a chance.
I do believe in personal accountability. But it also seems unfair to me that these kids are suffering because they haven't been parented in a good/healthy environment.

Momo3Queen2HerKing wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:14 pm
SeekingPeace wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:43 pm Before I comment, I want to make sure I read your other post correctly.

In that post, did you say that at the time these pills were stolen, the child thieves were living in the same house as their meth smoking father and their (clean) stepmom?
The boy did NOT live there. They live in our parents house with them tho. He's only EVER stayed there overnight twice. This time when the pills were stolen and once abt 2 yrs ago when an ENTIRE BOTTLE (60qty) of 30mg oxycontin were stolen. The bottle left emptied. He never said who he thought it was. I couldn't think who would do that but I wondered if maybe my brother had bc he'd JUST left to move out of state that day. But tbh, I don't think he'd ever do that to our dad.
Girl yes, boy no. Yes with my dad.
I agree but nothing I can do about it. I've tried and no-one believed me. My sister left him and is going for sole custody of her DS.
Momo3Queen2HerKing
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:45 pm
SeekingPeace wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:30 pm I got the same impression that you did.

Probably because 10 and 13 year olds from good homes don't just up and start stealing drugs from their grandparents all of a sudden with no prior history. The 10 year old is also having some sort of therapy session in house, although that could be physical therapy, it didn't say. But I certainly got the impression that the kids have been spiraling for some time.
Oh they have been. But really the only issues I see are no stability in her life and dad is a deadbeat. My sister tried being a parent to her but she'd just run to daddy and get out of trouble.

My sister kicked him out. Also it was what they called counseling, what I called a f'ing joke. Who has counseling in front of other people?? The counselor would take her to the park, for ice cream etc.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

With all the information that has been posted since the original post, it is very clear to me that these kids have been subjected to a very rough life.

I agree with you. A 10 and 13 year old doesn't just start stealing drugs. I hope these kids get the counseling that they need and I hope their quality of living improves sometime very soon.

In the mean time, Grandpa needs to have his meds locked up in a vault!
Guest wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:45 pm

Locked Previous topicNext topic