Seniors willing to die for the DOW?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:43 pm
KnotaDinghy wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:27 pm
Lemons wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:47 pm

They all have access to the testing so it wouldn't as scary for them. Meanwhile people who are deathly sick are waiting on sidewalks outside of hospitals for hours.
Wow. Your statements seem to be completely unhinged.

Where are there deathly sick people waiting on sidewalks outside of hospitals?

Where?

Long lines and ventilator shortage plague city hospitals under coronavirus siege

https://nypost.com/2020/03/23/long-line ... rus-siege/
Scores of people standing in line to be tested for the coronavirus Monday were seen violating “social distancing” guidelines as they huddled together in the cold rain outside Elmhurst Hospital in Queens.

As many as 152 people were lined up at one point, with some so close together that their umbrellas overlapped — violating the six-foot rule advised by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
I read about what was going on in Queens. I am incredibly sorry to hear that. I get you’re frustrated and I could understand better if this wasn’t a consistent pattern for you.

But posting articles praising Cumo yet, cherry picking articles to bash the south because you don’t like conservatives does not help anybody under the circumstances.

It does come off unhinged and selfish.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:28 pm So many politicians are saying things to just hear themselves talk about the virus. This guy is ridiculous and has his own opinions.
I agree. I’m here in Texas and I am scared for everybody, so his stupid comment didn’t help me feel better. But at this point, it’s just an opinion that Abbott and local officials haven’t acted on (knock on wood).
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:31 pm

They all have access to the testing so it wouldn't as scary for them. Meanwhile people who are deathly sick are waiting on sidewalks outside of hospitals for hours.

Where?
Elmhurst Hospital for one.

There’s a picture like that from our former local hospital. They are the health care workers in line to get their temperature taken before being allowed in the building.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Where?

Nice try. That’s people waiting to be tested. They are not on the sidewalk dying.

Make your point without blowing things out of proportion.

Queens IS hit hard. There is currently a lack of PPEs. But the nurses there have been raising this issue for a YEAR. Long before COVID-19. Where are the supplies? Why doesn’t Deblasio and Cuomo open up the stockpiles they have (I think in Brooklyn) ...

The situation there is bad. The hospitals are almost at capacity. That’s why President Trump has sent the USN Comfort up. Field hospitals are being erected. Supplies being sent in as quick as companies can make them. I’m not denying that this is a huge crisis. But ranting about people in Texas getting priority or people dying on sidewalks is no way to help or bring awareness to the real problems that are being faced.

Demand local leaders act today. Release the local stockpiles.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:37 pm

Where?

There’s a picture like that from our former local hospital. They are the health care workers in line to get their temperature taken before being allowed in the building.
The blue tent they are waiting in front of is the testing site.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Where?

Long lines and ventilator shortage plague city hospitals under coronavirus siege

Scores of people standing in line to be tested for the coronavirus Monday were seen violating “social distancing” guidelines as they huddled together in the cold rain outside Elmhurst Hospital in Queens.

As many as 152 people were lined up at one point, with some so close together that their umbrellas overlapped — violating the six-foot rule advised by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Ok at least you admit they were waiting for testing. And you didn’t say dying exactly , you said deathly ill.

Thursday or Friday Cuomo admitted there are 4,000 ventilators in stockpile not being used because they are not needed yet. So if you say they are needed, then get them released from the stockpile. This immediate need can be filled locally.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Someone I know in my area that lemons seems to think is so safe, died two days ago from the virus.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:20 pm

Where?

Ok at least you admit they were waiting for testing. And you didn’t say dying exactly , you said deathly ill.

Thursday or Friday Cuomo admitted there are 4,000 ventilators in stockpile not being used because they are not needed yet. So if you say they are needed, then get them released from the stockpile. This immediate need can be filled locally.
If some of those people didn’t have the virus they probably do now. 150 people crammed together on a sidewalk waiting to be seen. Not just for testing. Some are sick enough to be admitted.

And the need is a future need. We got caught short with not enough testing, it would be a stupid mistake to get caught short again on life saving equipment. We haven’t even reached peak cases yet.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:37 pm

Where?

No. Those are people with symptoms. You could always read the articles.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:10 pm

Where?

Nice try. That’s people waiting to be tested. They are not on the sidewalk dying.

Make your point without blowing things out of proportion.

Queens IS hit hard. There is currently a lack of PPEs. But the nurses there have been raising this issue for a YEAR. Long before COVID-19. Where are the supplies? Why doesn’t Deblasio and Cuomo open up the stockpiles they have (I think in Brooklyn) ...

The situation there is bad. The hospitals are almost at capacity. That’s why President Trump has sent the USN Comfort up. Field hospitals are being erected. Supplies being sent in as quick as companies can make them. I’m not denying that this is a huge crisis. But ranting about people in Texas getting priority or people dying on sidewalks is no way to help or bring awareness to the real problems that are being faced.

Demand local leaders act today. Release the local stockpiles.
Read what I write more carefully. First, those people in Queens are sick or they wouldn’t be standing shoulder to shoulder waiting for care. They aren’t lined up just to “get tested.” That trivializes what’s going on there.

Second, it’s not “people in Texas” getting priority, it’s politicians getting priority, especially loud mouth politicians like Texas lt governor Dan Patrick who think “pls people” should sacrifice for the good of the US economy.

And last, don’t believe everything Trump Tweets re ventilators. If you want to know the truth about the need for ventilators, read what Cuomo has said.
Locked Previous topicNext topic