Helping family

Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:00 am
Inmybizz wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:37 am I specifically looked for a house with a guest suite with a separate entrance just in case family needed to stay with us. Our families can stay as long as they need to.
We barely go upstairs and we never use the front entrance so I know this can work out. There is also a master suite upstairs and an additional full bathroom, family room and bedroom so I don't see why he has an issue.
He’s just being ornery..
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:36 am You need to get your SO onboard for this. I can’t believe the number of women that think it’s ok to do this if he objects, and I wonder how they would feel if their DHs let someone stay in their houses over their objections.
Why does one person overrule another? If my brother needed me, he’s my brother. Would come before any boyfriend or husband (Probably why I’m better off single)
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:40 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:54 am Why don't you put them up in a long stay suite closer to their jobs? How do they not know what their paychecks will look like?
They probably don't know how much will be taken out in taxes, etc. You can know that you put "married, 1" on your W4 but that doesn't tell you what percent of your pay will be taken for federal tax withholdings. Not to mention state and other deductions.
Adults not being able to know how to look up a Circular E withholding tables, and not knowing to how deduct 7.65% for SS/MC for a standard job is just not understandable to me.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:20 am
QuantumNursing wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:06 am
RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:27 am
They do have the money to get a place now but they wanted to see what their first paychecks would look like before they commit to a place. They want to make sure they choose a house that they can afford.
They dont know how much they make with their jobs? Thats the first question I ask when im offered a job. Your sugar daddy already said he didnt feel comfortable woth it. So the answer is no.
The answer isn't no if I don't want it to be no lol. it's the end of the month so most places aren't even renting until September first.
They should be accepting deposits and no. You dont get to tell someone who can stay in their home. You would be a shitty partner if you didnt listen to your so. 2 yes/1 no. And why are you telling lies about not using the upstairs...Isnt that where you hide in when the dog pisses and shits all over the floor instead of cleaning it up
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:56 am
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:40 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:54 am Why don't you put them up in a long stay suite closer to their jobs? How do they not know what their paychecks will look like?
They probably don't know how much will be taken out in taxes, etc. You can know that you put "married, 1" on your W4 but that doesn't tell you what percent of your pay will be taken for federal tax withholdings. Not to mention state and other deductions.
Adults not being able to know how to look up a Circular E withholding tables, and not knowing to how deduct 7.65% for SS/MC for a standard job is just not understandable to me.
Yet I fielded a call at my work just a couple weeks ago from someone asking just that. She wanted to know how much would be deducted from her paycheck because she couldn't figure it out on her own.
It's actually kind of amazing what people don't know or understand regarding their paychecks. Just the other day I had an employee call me asking how much vacation time she had taken this year because she didn't know. That's worse IMO because it's really not hard at all to track your own vacation and sick time. I always did it to verify that what my stub said matched what I think it should so I could address any discrepancies right away.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:57 am
mater-three wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:36 am 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️😁
??
Means I don’t know what I’d do
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Team your SO
They will stay longer than 2 weeks.
I shit glitter
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:35 am Are there specific reasons that your DH has an issue with it? If so, you could work on calming his fears about whatever it is that bothers him about the situation. But if it's just the whole thing in general that bothers him, that's harder to deal with.

As for the time, can you get your brother to commit to a definite move out date? Having a hard end date might make your DH more comfortable with the whole thing. When I was a kid, my mom took my sister and I out to Cali and we moved in with mom's brother and his wife. It was supposed to be "just a couple weeks" until my mom could find a place for the three of us. Well, 2 weeks turned into 6 months until my Aunt and Uncle decided to move out and we rented the house from them.
I know, sounds like the exception but when you don't put an end date on things, it happens a lot more often than you might think.
He has severe anxiety so anything off routine makes him panic. They can be quiet as a mouse and he will still find a reason to complain. I don't want to burn the relationship with my brother just because my SO has anxiety issues.

They will not stay longer than that because the commute will burn them out quickly.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mojogirl wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:37 am Doesn't the house belong to your boyfriend?
I've lived here for years now so legally I have some say even if it's just as a tenant
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:41 am
RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:23 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:17 am

I meant you pay for it.

That's weird to me. Did they move for better jobs with better pay?
I would never waste my money on that, we have more than enough space to accommodate them. They are moving to be closer to the city and better paying jobs. They hate living in a small town. We offered them to rent a house from us but it's too far from the major city for them.
Waste? This is your family. How would that be a waste? Imo, it would keep the peace in the house where you stay. Do they live in a small town close to you now?

Two hours is a really long commute tho. So I don't blame them for not renting your SOs property.
They live in another state 3 hours from here.
Locked Previous topicNext topic