I broke up with him when I found out he had a DUI

Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Guest wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:26 am
Shaken1976 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:06 am I had a coworker go out to his car after leaving a bar. He was getting something out of it before his ride arrived. He was arrested for DUI. This was about ten years ago. Would you hold that against him?
Yes because that person is clearly stupid too. It really isn't hard to avoid a DUI and that he was risking it
How was he stupid? He called for a ride. He walked outside, realized it was chilly, and decided to grab a hoodie from his car. He hit the unlock button and a cop came up to him. They were watching him leave. He explained he was waiting on his friend to come get him and just wanted his hoodie. The friend showed up while they were doing the field sobriety test. They arrested him anyway. Oh and they let him grab his hoodie. The friend showed them the text messages asking for a ride. All of it was even brought up in court. But small town justice didn’t care.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:28 am
Mommy_jules wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:27 am
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:08 am
No, they are boring and high and mighty whatever their reasons. I had an alcoholic father-but I still drink. I don't care if others drink. I just don't have my panties crammed up my ass. Because I can separate the difference between drinking responsibly and being an alcoholic/irresponsible drinker.

The tee totalers I know don't ever see a difference. Someone who has one cocktail at dinner with friends in their eyes is JUST as bad as the guy drinking a 12 pack every night of his life and then beating his wife and kids. They see no difference. Trust me, I know. My inlaws are tee totalers and they acted like I murdered God in front of them because I wanted a glass of wine with Thanksgiving dinner.

I have no tolerance for people like that
What is a tee totaler?
Someone who never drinks and does not particularly like anyone else to drink either and would be in support of prohibition again etc.
👍Thanks. I've never heard that term before.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Shaken1976 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:32 am
Shaken1976 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:06 am I had a coworker go out to his car after leaving a bar. He was getting something out of it before his ride arrived. He was arrested for DUI. This was about ten years ago. Would you hold that against him?
Yes because that person is clearly stupid too. It really isn't hard to avoid a DUI and that he was risking it
How was he stupid? He called for a ride. He walked outside, realized it was chilly, and decided to grab a hoodie from his car. He hit the unlock button and a cop came up to him. They were watching him leave. He explained he was waiting on his friend to come get him and just wanted his hoodie. The friend showed up while they were doing the field sobriety test. They arrested him anyway. Oh and they let him grab his hoodie. The friend showed them the text messages asking for a ride. All of it was even brought up in court. But small town justice didn’t care.
that is F***ing absurd. All his evidence proved he was telling the truth. I am shocked a good lawyer could not get this dismissed. But that is also my point-the DUI mania has gone a bit too far. They are so zealous to get people that innocent guys like this doing the RIGHT thing still get caught up in the crosshairs and that is a gross injustice.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Mommy_jules wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:35 am
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:28 am
Mommy_jules wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:27 am

What is a tee totaler?
Someone who never drinks and does not particularly like anyone else to drink either and would be in support of prohibition again etc.
👍Thanks. I've never heard that term before.
no problem lol.

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:31 am
So he deserved to go to jail to get something out of his car? He deserved to have his record stained because he needed something out of his car? He deserved to be out lawyer fees and fines because he needed something out of his car?

See you are just hateful and don't like people to drink period. This statement proves that
You dont go to your car with your keys while you are drunk. Every intelligent person knows that. It is a risk that only an idiot would take.

I never said I dont like drinking, again just just making more dumb assumptions

Unread post

Guest wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:30 am
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:29 am

why are you posting anonymous if you are such a regular here that knows all the posters?
I've always posted Anon. Why can't you stop yourself from making stupid assumptions?
why? scared?
Because I like to

Unread post

Shaken1976 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:32 am
Anyone with a working brain knows you dont risk it by walking to your car while drunk with the keys. That is stupid.

Things like that dont happen when you are drinking responsibly
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Guest wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:40 am

So he deserved to go to jail to get something out of his car? He deserved to have his record stained because he needed something out of his car? He deserved to be out lawyer fees and fines because he needed something out of his car?

See you are just hateful and don't like people to drink period. This statement proves that
You dont go to your car with your keys while you are drunk. Every intelligent person knows that. It is a risk that only an idiot would take.

Again not exactly true since the only way you get a DUI here is if the keys are in the ignition. You can most definitely go to the car with keys in hand and that is not a risk. Putting them in the ignition is a risk, grabbing a hoodie and having the keys so you can unlock the car is not.

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:44 am

Again not exactly true since the only way you get a DUI here is if the keys are in the ignition. You can most definitely go to the car with keys in hand and that is not a risk. Putting them in the ignition is a risk, grabbing a hoodie and having the keys so you can unlock the car is not.
Clearly it was a risk where he lived and he could have avoided the situation by using his brain.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Guest wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:45 am
Fullxbusymom wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:44 am

Clearly it was a risk where he lived and he could have avoided the situation by using his brain.
Or maybe he didn't know common sense would say it wouldn't be an issue. I wouldn't even have though twice about something like that and I doubt he did either. He was using his brain by calling for a ride. Is this Talkingheads because boy do you sound like her?
Locked Previous topicNext topic