LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:03 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:49 am
Lemons wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:42 am I would make his favorite meal! What is chicken fried steak anyway? I’ve seen that phrase before.
It’s a cheap cut of beef steak breaded & fried, named in the old days because you fried it in the old leftover fried chicken grease/fat, lol!

Then as if the red meat and fat frying is not bad enough, you smother it in fat based white gravy.
Ok, Now I know it’s not chicken! Sounds like something my husband would love.
It's a crazy heavy meal.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:52 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:08 pm I'm bad about healthy dining rules at the best of times so you can imagine how unhealthy the birthday/vacation meals are, lol. If anyone can walk away from the table at the end, the meal wasn't big enough!
LOL, I love it...
There's one month where three family members have birthdays in a row and I swear the whole house puts on five pounds each by the end of that month.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What the person wants - for my one DD it is usually butter chicken, DH it is steak with blue cheese crust and a baked potato bar or chimichanga, my other DD she varies but most times it is chicken wings, for DS it is pizza or chimichanga. Me it is a full turkey dinner that I cook (damn Christmas birthday).
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My husband has been eating a lot healthier as part of an effort to lose weight before a surgery in July. But he got the news of all of this just days before his birthday (in April). He was depressed thinking he wouldn't be able to enjoy his birthday because he couldn't have his favorite meal and cake. I told him it's one day, the one day out of the year that he is allowed to indulge in the way he wants to, and that one day wasn't going to make a big difference in his results. So he enjoyed his favorite meal and his favorite cake and just didn't have any of the leftovers.

It's one day. Give the poor man what he loves.
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yep. We’re ordering a taco bar for DSs birthday party.
Locked Previous topicNext topic