30,000 bees

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:26 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:13 am
MistressMonster wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:32 am

Sounds more like yellowjackets than actual bees. Bees, yes will drink from the pool, but generally aren't aggressive. Yellow jackets are the ones who will come bug you while eating, etc. The ones I find in my pool, I will get a net and pull them out, and put them on my grapes.

Last time I got stung was back in 2017. It was night time. Didn't realize what had happened at first. Prior to that night, it had been 24 yrs since my last sting. Terrified I was going to have a terrible reaction, because it had been so long.
I don't know what they are for sure but they are not specifically aggressive. They just get in the way. Like the time my son grabbed for a toy boat and there just happened to be a bee on it. He got stung because he grabbed where the bee was. Or when my DH got stung in the thigh because I just happened to jump on his thighs just as a bee came in to land on him. But that's two times too many already that they've gotten in the way. I've never been stung in my life. Ever. And I don't want to start now.
do they look like this?

They look more like the picture of the honeybee than the yellow jacket.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That’s great. With the number of bees diminishing and the environmental impact that can cause, you’re doing your part!
DH worked with bees while he was a volunteer at a kibbutz in Israel, he loves them too. ☺️ I would love to keep bees if I could, DH certainly knows his stuff, but I don’t have much space and wouldn’t know where to start.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Locked Previous topicNext topic