Would this be rude? 1st birthday party letter.

Ilovemydaughter06
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

EmilyH87 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:57 am
Pjmm wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:40 am Most baby and toddler toys play music, make noise or are annoying in one way or another. Buy earplugs and get used to it. Seriously if you find the popper annoying you're in trouble. Wait until you're listening to the same episode of Sponge Bob, Bugs Bunny, the Fairly odd parents or the average Disney movie every day. I went through that. It gets old real fast. Then there's their taste in music as teens. Now at this age you can discreetly put toys away if they're noisy... but some of this is par for the course with kids.
Paw Patrol and Blaze and the Monster Machines is in my head almost constantly. I've just accepted it as life now lol
Or Full House, or Dora, or Yo Gabba Gabba, my list can go on & on.
AliKat
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Just don’t word it as “obnoxious” and I think you’re fine. Just say “He doesn’t like loud noises, so please keep that in mind when purchasing toys”
Justanotherperson
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I understand your point of view, but its extremely rude and tacky to dictate what people can't gift. Any items he receives that you don't like or approve of, you can simply return to store and exchange for something more suitable.
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ilovemydaughter06 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:03 am
Pjmm wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:40 am Most baby and toddler toys play music, make noise or are annoying in one way or another. Buy earplugs and get used to it. Seriously if you find the popper annoying you're in trouble. Wait until you're listening to the same episode of Sponge Bob, Bugs Bunny, the Fairly odd parents or the average Disney movie every day. I went through that. It gets old real fast. Then there's their taste in music as teens. Now at this age you can discreetly put toys away if they're noisy... but some of this is par for the course with kids.
Paw Patrol and Blaze and the Monster Machines is in my head almost constantly. I've just accepted it as life now lol
Or Full House, or Dora, or Yo Gabba Gabba, my list can go on & on.
I have avoided him watching Dora LIKE THE PLAGUE. My youngest brother watched it when he was little. I atill can't stand hearing it. DS's other thing is Thomas and Friends. We know every train...
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
Meldusa
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

I like when people give ideas as to what their kids are interested in. If I don't see the kids often enough, I have no idea what size clothes/ toys/ books they're interested in.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I know a mom who specifically mentioned not to give certain toys and several people gave that toy.

I've never had a problem returning gifts for store credit as long as they were still unopened in their original packaging.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I just give books because most people are "special needs" nowadays... can't go wrong with books.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My parents said I used to read the same book aloud to my brother constantly. And I know I played the same story records over and over (before DVDs). It's a kid thing I guess.
Canadiana
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Honestly to make it easier, I would just say no toys. Books only.
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:31 am
My parents said I used to read the same book aloud to my brother constantly. And I know I played the same story records over and over (before DVDs). It's a kid thing I guess.
Oh definitely. It's probably why kids shows are so repetitive. It reinforces things in kids minds.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
Locked Previous topicNext topic