DH doesn't get that OUR kids had a harder time!

agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Your kids weren't suffering. Your husband was there to take care of them. Seriously... move on already. Don't make this worse than it was.

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry you were ill. A week is a long time.

Your poor babies especially the oldest one, probably did sense insecurity perhaps even worry about you even dying. I wish you DH would just focus on you healing and what is best for your well-being. *hugs*
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:01 am Oh my goodness, I am so sorry you were ill. A week is a long time.

Your poor babies especially the oldest one, probably did sense insecurity perhaps even worry about you even dying. I wish you DH would just focus on you healing and what is best for your well-being. *hugs*
and daddy should have done his job as a father by reassuring the child everything is going to be fine....sounds like OP is emotionally manipulated by everyone
Ilovemydaughter06
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Thanks for the laugh so early in the morning, way to overreact OP,. BTW, why are you making such a big deal over this?
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I understand. As a kid I would have missed my Mom way more than my stepdad if she had been hospitalized.
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If you need to take it easy while you're still recovering, obviously you should. But you sound like you're being just a tad dramatic, especially when it comes to your kids. I doubt they were scarred for life.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think dh is "suffering" the most. He has to put up with your drama.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

scemily526 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:09 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:01 am Oh my goodness, I am so sorry you were ill. A week is a long time.

and daddy should have done his job as a father by reassuring the child everything is going to be fine....sounds like OP is emotionally manipulated by everyone
Perhaps. But I am appalled by the callousness of some responses.

In this day and age, where health costs are important and insurance validates each day is necessary, the OP was kept in the hospital over a week? She wasn’t on vacation, she likely wasn’t getting a face lift. Has anyone even asked how she is feeling & doing? Good grief.

Maybe my kids are more empathetic due to other life experiences. But even at a young age they realize sick people go to the hospital. They know sick people can be in pain, and they know sick people can die. How scary to think that about your mother? Their father telling them “it will be OK” would help, but they would still need immense reassurance, I was OK. Even after I came home, I feel normal children would worry, it might happen again and would need reassurance.

Kids act up when parents leave on business trips or for military leave and in those circumstances, parents can even emotionally prepare the child. Illness is abrupt.

“Suffering” is likely not the right word, but I would expect any emotionally developing young child to be impacted by their mothet’s Illness & absence. I think it would be healthy for them to need reassurance and connectedness when The mother came home.

You may be right, but honestly what if you are not? Just being mean to a lady that is trying to heal after illness, ick, makes me feel so slimy.
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:32 am

In this day and age, where health costs are important and insurance validates each day is necessary, the OP was kept in the hospital over a week? She wasn’t on vacation, she likely wasn’t getting a face lift. Has anyone even asked how she is feeling & doing? Good grief.

Maybe my kids are more empathetic due to other life experiences. But even at a young age they realize sick people go to the hospital. They know sick people can be in pain, and they know sick people can die. How scary to think that about your mother? Their father telling them “it will be OK” would help, but they would still need immense reassurance, I was OK. Even after I came home, I feel normal children would worry, it might happen again and would need reassurance.

Kids act up when parents leave on business trips or for military leave and in those circumstances, parents can even emotionally prepare the child. Illness is abrupt.

“Suffering” is likely not the right word, but I would expect any emotionally developing young child to be impacted by their mothet’s Illness & absence. I think it would be healthy for them to need reassurance and connectedness when The mother came home.

You may be right, but honestly what if you are not? Just being mean to a lady that is trying to heal after illness, ick, makes me feel so slimy.
knowing what i do about emotional disturbances, OP is likely suffering from them, or a bad troll....no one in their right mind would make such a fuss like she is. The only way her kids will be scarred for life, is if she keeps repeating the scenario thru out their entire lives, so they never forget it, and move on. By her responses, OP is not emotionally healthy, and setting her kids up to be the same way.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

scemily526 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:43 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:32 am

knowing what i do about emotional disturbances, OP is likely suffering from them, or a bad troll....no one in their right mind would make such a fuss like she is. The only way her kids will be scarred for life, is if she keeps repeating the scenario thru out their entire lives, so they never forget it, and move on. By her responses, OP is not emotionally healthy, and setting her kids up to be the same way.
Or she could have been really ill. Or she could still be experiencing aftermath of sleep deprivation & be overly emotional. Or maybe her DH is fairly incompetent with the children. I went back and read the posts, and there is no way you can for sure “diagnose” emotional unwell-ness by her few posts. Drop the bias baggage you bring.

We’ll just agree to disagree.
Locked Previous topicNext topic