I can’t be the only one that thinks this is unsanitary and icky

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yeah, I don’t think nachos are the best option for this kind of serving...Nachos ingredients are better served separately, not all mixed up together. The cheese gets all congealed after a while, yuck.
Inmybizz wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:20 am None of it looks good. The yard looks icky... food looks yuck.. 🤢🤮
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yeah, really gross. The only thing I ever see done like that here is crawfish, and even then, there’s a metal scoop to scoop up what you want.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Anonymous 4

Unread post

bluebunnybabe wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:28 am Yeah, really gross. The only thing I ever see done like that here is crawfish, and even then, there’s a metal scoop to scoop up what you want.
How do you know the spatulas aren't metal?
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I have large cookie sheets that I do something similar in, my family likes it that way (I bake them first), but honestly I don’t see the big deal. I’m not sure what makes the cookie sheets or trays so much kore acceptable, other then in a persons head, cause as long as the servicing device is clean...who cares.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I think it looks like a pig trough, too. :mrgreen:
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:13 am
WellPreserved wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:46 pm My first thought was "ewww". But it's not much different from crab/shrimp boil parties we've been too except replace the foil with brown paper.
But at crab boils, crabs are in their shell so the meat isn't on the paper. It's a little different. Someone said it looks like a pig trough and I agree.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

On a hot texas day that would be a mess. I would also be worried about flies and bugs.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:25 am Yeah, I don’t think nachos are the best option for this kind of serving...Nachos ingredients are better served separately, not all mixed up together. The cheese gets all congealed after a while, yuck.
Inmybizz wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:20 am None of it looks good. The yard looks icky... food looks yuck.. 🤢🤮
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:35 am
bluebunnybabe wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:28 am Yeah, really gross. The only thing I ever see done like that here is crawfish, and even then, there’s a metal scoop to scoop up what you want.
How do you know the spatulas aren't metal?
I’m mobile, and honestly couldn’t see the spatulas. It still just looks like a big soggy mess. It would make much more sense to me to serve the stuff in disposable pans separately so that everything doesn’t end up all mushy, and people can choose the items they want.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:16 am Clam bakes are very popular types of gatherings during the summer.

As I said, I wouldn’t go to any kind of gathering at the moment, even less one where you share food with a large amount if people, but it’s not gross or unsanitary that it’s served directly on the table.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:12 am
Mrs.ChuckBass wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:37 pm ive been to a seafood cook out like that before, theres a word for it, i cant remember what it is
Gross
Nope not even. Gross.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

What is the benefit of just throwing it on the table versus placing it in bowls and serving platters?
And yuck to the corn laying on newspaper and then going into my mouth!
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It doesn't seem any more unsanitary than having the food out in the open in pans and bowls like any potluck. It's still in the open either way exposed to other people's potential sneezing and coughing.

What specifically about this setup seems particularly unsanitary?
Locked Previous topicNext topic