Has your 2 year old ever held a loaded gun and pointed it at their face?

Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:27 pm
Anonymous 8 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:18 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:19 am No but my 4 year old drug his 1 year old sister screaming and crying down the hall because there was a gun laying on a bed and he knew to leave it alone but that she wouldn't.
My dad had been cleaning it and forgot it was out. Gun education works. My kids started shooting at 3.
Shooting what?
At 3 it was a bb gun with adult hands on the gun with them at all times. Teaching them how to hold it, to treat it like its always loaded, never to point it at people, how to safely carry it, etc.
At 13 I'm not sure what my son is shooting because he does most of it with my dad not me. But he does hunt deer and rabbits. He hasn't gotten a deer yet but he shoots, cleans, cooks, and eats the rabbits he gets by himself.
You taught a 3 year old how to see if a bb gun is loaded? How?

You don't know what he's shooting. Why? What would you use to shoot a rabbit?
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:27 am
Inmybizz wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:26 am Mine hasn’t but I know of at least 3 people who have had issues with toddlers and guns. I didn’t bash those people because stuff does happen.. The children are fine and the parent learned a lesson.
At least those parents learned a lesson the "mother" in question here hasn't learned her lesson and still leaves her child unsupervised long enough to get into trouble often.
her son wasn't unsupervised. he was in the same room with her and she turned away for a few minutes he got a sharpie m do you sit and stare at your kids 24/7
Anonymous 11

Unread post

No because as a responsible gun owner I know better than to ever leave a weapon unsecured. Let's say it's not an issue of parenting (it is, but for fantasy land) it's still an issue of responsible gun ownership. And yes, even if it's not YOUR personal gun, but is in your house that you live in, you are still responsible for knowing about it, knowing where it is at all times & making sure it is secured & away from children. To be clear again, in certain states the mother we are speaking of could have been charged for the death of her child because he got his hands on that gun. Ignorance isn't a viable defense. She's damn lucky she didn't lose her child in that moment. But she's too narcissistic to admit that she's responsible & to grow up & start being a decent parent. The ONLY thing she's ever worried about is covering her own ass & finding someone else to blame.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:39 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:26 am Mine hasn’t but I know of at least 3 people who have had issues with toddlers and guns. I didn’t bash those people because stuff does happen.. The children are fine and the parent learned a lesson.
At least those parents learned a lesson the "mother" in question here hasn't learned her lesson and still leaves her child unsupervised long enough to get into trouble often.
her son wasn't unsupervised. he was in the same room with her and she turned away for a few minutes he got a sharpie m do you sit and stare at your kids 24/7
If I had been negligent enough that my child had a loaded gun to their head yes I would sit and stare at them until they were old enough to be out if my house and on their own.

The sharpie thing wouldn't be as big of a deal if it wasn't part of a string of events that happened when this two year old was unsupervised. Being in the same room alone is not proper supervision.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:13 am Because according to the other post that is totally normal and kids can do anything if you take your eyes off them for one minute.

I don't think that's normal and defending a mom who doesn't provide proper supervision for her child multiple times is disgusting.
No, and it's not normal. If it happens even just once then it's piss-poor childcare on the part of whoever was in charge of the child or in charge of the gun. there is no way that a two year old should be able to get their hands on a gun. Period.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:42 pm

If I had been negligent enough that my child had a loaded gun to their head yes I would sit and stare at them until they were old enough to be out if my house and on their own.

The sharpie thing wouldn't be as big of a deal if it wasn't part of a string of events that happened when this two year old was unsupervised. Being in the same room alone is not proper supervision.
i Remember the gun post and if I remember correctly it was in her husband office and she didn't know it was within his reach. that isn't her fault but her idiot husband. my kids drew on walls, flush stuff down the toilet, climb out of the window to chase the ice cream truck, while playing in his soon my son got the carpets string around his neck. that is to name a few things that happened. my kids are grown now. shit happens. . I didn't have the ability to stare at my kids 24/7.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

There is no excuse for a 2 year old getting their hands on a LOADED gun. Ever. She is lucky he didn’t shoot himself. There are many stories of children getting access to a gun in the home and accidentally shooting themselves. Horrible parenting, IMO. Responsible gun owners keep guns locked up and away from children. Drawing on something with a marker is a different story. My kids did that a time or two when they were little.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:13 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:42 pm

i Remember the gun post and if I remember correctly it was in her husband office and she didn't know it was within his reach. that isn't her fault but her idiot husband. my kids drew on walls, flush stuff down the toilet, climb out of the window to chase the ice cream truck, while playing in his soon my son got the carpets string around his neck. that is to name a few things that happened. my kids are grown now. shit happens. . I didn't have the ability to stare at my kids 24/7.
No, she does not get a pass. She knew the gun was in the house, she should have known where it was. It's called being a responsible adult but it's extremely clear she is not one of those.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

When we are in the house no I would not but with a 2.5 year old, in a garage with chemicals, tools, and other dangers you bet your ass I wouldn't take my eyes off of them. The sharpie could have been a knife or garden sheers or lighter fluid or bug killer that they decide looks good to taste.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Nope, we are responsible gun owners and keep our guns locked up when not in use. If cleaning they are with the person in a locked room and get put away before leaving the room.Kids are quick, yes, but basic common sense and responsibility such as keeping dangerous items (guns, knives, prescription meds, cleaning agents) locked up and out of the reach of children isn't that hard to accomplish with a little common sense and fucks given. Not all "breeders" are competent enough to be parents however as is the case with the poster in question that spurned this whole thing. Honestly her kids would be better in the hands of the state and that's saying a LOT considering the number of abuse cases etc that occur that go unnoticed until a kid turns up dead.
Locked Previous topicNext topic