Florida is a disaster zone. What else is new.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:08 pm
Lemons wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:55 am
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:55 am "Oh my G-d! Massive spike in cases! We'd better shut our lives down completely! Don't walk past anyone, you might kill their grandma! Tighten - no double your masks!"

This might have a little something to do with the "disaster zone" in FL.

Eh - 98% positives .... 9.4% positives. What's the difference? No big deal, right? LMMFAO.

What's a little overstating and over reporting among friends, huh? It's only a 90% inflation of positives.

Anyone figured out yet that we're being massively played? Anyone?

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/fox-3 ... ssion=true
We’re living our lives up here in New York, and New England states, going back to work, wearing masks whenever we go into a public space, and cases are way way down.

States that refused to mandate safety laws are now paying the price. Not all that hard to figure out.
Governor Ivey (Alabama) just announced a state wide mandatory mask ordinance starting tomorrow. Watching the press conference live, so no news article on it yet. The uproar this is going to cause...but it needs to happen. We’ve got to do something. Our hospitals are almost at full capacity.

ETA: https://www.al.com/news/2020/07/gov-ive ... -live.html
It's sad how many people had to die before they put out a state wide mandate. Now the Oklahoma governor has the coronavirus. Wonder what he'll do next.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:23 pm
Lemons wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:55 am

We’re living our lives up here in New York, and New England states, going back to work, wearing masks whenever we go into a public space, and cases are way way down.

States that refused to mandate safety laws are now paying the price. Not all that hard to figure out.
Governor Ivey (Alabama) just announced a state wide mandatory mask ordinance starting tomorrow. Watching the press conference live, so no news article on it yet. The uproar this is going to cause...but it needs to happen. We’ve got to do something. Our hospitals are almost at full capacity.

If the entire country had done this all at once, in March, everywhere, we would be in such a better place now and saved so many lives.

In March the direction from the CDC was not to wear masks, that they weren't helpful. And people here parroted all the reasons you shouldn't wear one. I actually started using one before the CDC changed their minds and caught some flack for it. Its just strange to me all of the changing guidance and hindsight and finger pointing. Everything gets turned into left vs right politics.
I don't have any respect for any of that.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:05 pm

If the entire country had done this all at once, in March, everywhere, we would be in such a better place now and saved so many lives.

In March the direction from the CDC was not to wear masks, that they weren't helpful. And people here parroted all the reasons you shouldn't wear one. I actually started using one before the CDC changed their minds and caught some flack for it. Its just strange to me all of the changing guidance and hindsight and finger pointing. Everything gets turned into left vs right politics.
I don't remember anyone parroting not to wear a mask. We were wearing masks here in March and no one I know got any flack for it.

And I think it's easy to understand why guidance changes. Like any new virus, they knew very little about this one. Still don't know everything. Based on what they knew, the thinking was masks wouldn't help. They now understand masks are important in limiting transmission. The medical profession is also learning more on how to treat patients and the death rates are going down based on what they learned in New York.

And instead of uniting a country in the face of a pandemic, Trump made it political. He called a reporter "politically correct" for not wanting to remove his mask and refused to wear one himself once it was determined that they were in fact helpful.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:30 pm

I don't remember anyone parroting not to wear a mask. We were wearing masks here in March and no one I know got any flack for it.

And I think it's easy to understand why guidance changes. Like any new virus, they knew very little about this one. Still don't know everything. Based on what they knew, the thinking was masks wouldn't help. They now understand masks are important in limiting transmission. The medical profession is also learning more on how to treat patients and the death rates are going down based on what they learned in New York.

And instead of uniting a country in the face of a pandemic, Trump made it political. He called a reporter "politically correct" for not wanting to remove his mask and refused to wear one himself once it was determined that they were in fact helpful.

There were several posts here (in confessions, I don't know about N and P) making fun of people for wearing them. There were people listing out the reasons the CDC said not to. So if you were wearing a mask back then, you were in the minority because of the guidance directly from the CDC. As was I, though I rarely left the house.

We'll all have the benefit of hindsight eventually, and even then we won't know some things for sure.

The rest of what you're saying is even more political finger pointing. Its all (pick the opposite side of yours) fault. I'm over all of it.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:44 pm

There were several posts here (in confessions, I don't know about N and P) making fun of people for wearing them. There were people listing out the reasons the CDC said not to. So if you were wearing a mask back then, you were in the minority because of the guidance directly from the CDC. As was I, though I rarely left the house.

We'll all have the benefit of hindsight eventually, and even then we won't know some things for sure.

The rest of what you're saying is even more political finger pointing. Its all (pick the opposite side of yours) fault. I'm over all of it.
I only like the school or children related posts in confessions, the ones talking about masks were probably anonymous. With regard to political finger pointing, it's 100% the fault of who is making bad decisions, and we all know who is currently in the White House. The decision maker claimed the media was exaggerating and it will be gone by spring. The decision makers decided not to implement a nation wide shut down and mask requirement when it would have helped the most. Those are facts that made an impact on the spread of the virus. like it or not.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:05 pm

I only like the school or children related posts in confessions, the ones talking about masks were probably anonymous. With regard to political finger pointing, it's 100% the fault of who is making bad decisions, and we all know who is currently in the White House. The decision maker claimed the media was exaggerating and it will be gone by spring. The decision makers decided not to implement a nation wide shut down and mask requirement when it would have helped the most. Those are facts that made an impact on the spread of the virus. like it or not.
There were anon and not anon posts and replies. But thats really irrelevant.

I don't know how many times and how many ways I can say this. Sooooo sooooo over it. From both sides. I absolutey cannot respect people who finger point and always say the side thats not theirs is 100% to blame.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:11 pm

I don't know how many times and how many ways I can say this. Sooooo sooooo over it. From both sides. I absolutey cannot respect people who finger point and always say the side thats not theirs is 100% to blame.
My point on anon is that I'm not interested in anon posts. That's all.

That both sides shit is so ridiculous. It's the people in charge period. Whether they are "your side" or not. It's hard to believe people can't understand that the decisions that were made are what got us where we are today. The both sides argument is usually used by the side that screwed up.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:40 pm

That both sides shit is so ridiculous. It's the people in charge period. Whether they are "your side" or not. It's hard to believe people can't understand that the decisions that were made are what got us where we are today. The both sides argument is usually used by the side that screwed up.

Speak for yourself, please and thank you.

The argument against partisan politics is not ridiculous. The bickering and finger pointing gets us nowhere and I know I'm not the only one who's tired of it all. Its detrimental.

No one exists in a vacuum. Not even in the government. ESPECIALLY not in the government.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:54 pm

The argument against partisan politics is not ridiculous. The bickering and finger pointing gets us nowhere and I know I'm not the only one who's tired of it all. Its detrimental.

No one exists in a vacuum. Not even in the government. ESPECIALLY not in the government.
You're speaking in generalities, trying to claim "both sides" without backing it up with any information. I know the White House refused to issue a nationwide lock down in March or April along with a national mask mandate. What did the "other side" do wrong?
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:22 pm
Smarties wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:54 pm

You're speaking in generalities, trying to claim "both sides" without backing it up with any information. I know the White House refused to issue a nationwide lock down in March or April along with a national mask mandate. What did the "other side" do wrong?

Are you serious? Just look at almost any of the posts that contain articles in this forum. There are many from each "side" about what the other side did wrong concerning this virus.
Locked Previous topicNext topic