I wont go on a second date with him because he prayed on our date

RedBottoms

Unread post

Yeah maybe if you talk to him just tell him "I fear our religious views/practices don't mesh". You probably should not have to say more than that
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I pray before eating. I guess I'm doomed to a lonely life.
i want candy!
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:37 am I pray before eating. I guess I'm doomed to a lonely life.
But do you grab the other person's hands and make them pray with you? That's the real question. I've been on dates with men who have prayed before they ate but never make me pray as well. They either just do it quietly or asked if I minded. Ironically, when I told them I was pagan I was ghosted, lol.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'd tell him that the reason you don't want to date is religious differences that you think could get in the way of your relationship ever developing into anything meaninful. The poor guy is probably wondering what the hell he did wrong or what's wrong with him.

Unread post

AnonMe wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:13 pm It is rude to leave the man in limbo. Be honest and straight forward about why you don't want a second date. He deserves that much.
I said no to another date. That is all I need to do

Unread post

Iffrinn wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:16 am Sorry, I don't see the big deal. I don't see that as a reason not to go out with someone. That being said, you shouldn't go out with anyone you don't want to go out with, whatever the reason.
I would never want to be with someone who is religious. I think religion is a big deal

Unread post

MissFoxyMulder wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:29 pm Of course your have a right to your feelings and shouldn’t proceed if you’re not comfortable. That being said, be a mature adult and explain your reasoning. It’ll help him in the future.
Saying no to another date without explanation doesn't make me immature. It isn't my job to tell him what went wrong.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You made the right decision. That's a huge fundamental difference that I don't believe could ever be gotten past successfully. Better to not waste his time.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It was inappropriate to grab your hands when he prayed but your responses scream that he is the one who dodged a bullet. You won't even tell him why you're not interested in a second date. A person who can't have this conversation is not mature enough to date.

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:14 am It was inappropriate to grab your hands when he prayed but your responses scream that he is the one who dodged a bullet. You won't even tell him why you're not interested in a second date. A person who can't have this conversation is not mature enough to date.
It isnt my job to tell people why I dont want a second date. I dont ask others either. If they say no it is a no. If I say no it is a no. No one needs to explain any further.

Just because I dont want to have a big conversation about religion with a near stranger doesnt mean I am immature
Locked Previous topicNext topic